Just back - Polynesian LVC 7/13-7/20

alien

Mouseketeer
Just got back from first time at Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge. It was wonderful. Probably the only comment would be that I wish it were in the Hawaii building this time as that building is definitely more central to everything.
The view was absolutely great - able to see everything around the lagoon except for the Contemporary. That was blocked by trees.
Hardly saw the concierge staff as they were on the second floor and we were on the 3rd. Only saw them at check-in and to make arrangements for my father to spend 2 nights with us.
The concierge lounge was great. Definitely enough breakfast foods in the morning. We would eat a big sit down lunch in the parks and if we were back at the hotel, the evening appetizers were definitely enough to curb our hunger. And if that wasn't enough, the pastries from 8 - 10 p.m. did it!
If you got to the lounge right at the start of the times for serving, there could be definite lines forming. Wait 20 - 30 minutes and there were little if no wait.
Didn't see any shoving, pushing, or rude behavior.
There is white milk out at breakfast, but at other times you need to ask for it or for chocolate milk.
Too bad I'm not a drinker! Wine out with the 5 - 7 p.m. offerings and top of the line cordials (Baileys, Kahlua, Grand Marnier, Amaretto, etc.) at the 8 - 10 p.m. offerings.
Will give more of a description if anyone wants it.
All in all would do concierge in a heartbeat!
Cindy

sounds great! what room were you in?how was mousekeeping?

Room 3032. I loved turned down service - fresh towels, chocolates on the bed, and covers down.
Mousekeeping was good. Only ran into them once. No washcloth shapes but had that before at other times. A couple of times stuffed animals arranged cute and turndown put our lei's in shapes of hearts on our bed.
Cindy

I'm glad you had a great time. We are staying GVC starting NEXT WEEK!!! I have been thinking a little about how to maximize the lounge. Did you use a specific touring plan? I was thinking about splitting parks days in half and being around for the 5 pm offerings and then back around 9:30 for dessert, but on another thread someone had stated that the desserts were all gone by 9:30 : (... Do you think a better plan would be to come in around 6:30 and then go back out after the 7 pm dessert. Or am I just overplanning, which I have also been known to do.

Thanks for any guidance,
Liz

Liz,
We didn't have a specific touring plan. If we were tired, we came back to the room. If we were at the room for the food, we would wait 15-20 minutes after the starting time (i.e., 7 a.m., 5 p.m., 8 p.m.), then there were usually no lines.
Not sure when the desserts got "picked over", but we came in a few nights around 10 p.m. and the staff told us to take the rest of the desserts as they would be thrown out (actually too many left to take more than a few). All of the offerings weren't available but there were still 2 or 3 varieties left.

The main food lounge is in the middle of the building on the 3rd floor. The new buildings have sitting areas in the middle of the building where the elevator is located. Then there are two rooms at the beginning of one of the hallways (connecting with the doors off) where there are tables to eat at with views of the lagoon. There are bins of bottled water along with some fresh fruit. In the afternoon, one of the rooms have dispensers of ice tea, lemonade, and guava juice.

Let me know if you want more info.
Cindy

Thank you so much for posting. We are going at the end of september and it is good to hear nice things.
Thank you again,
callie

Thanks for your post! Our next trip to WDW we'd like to try the Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge and your post made it sound great. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter