JUST BACK - NEW DDP changes in action (Photo added)

starbox

"There is more treasure in books than in all the p
We just got back from 3 days at VWL with the DDP. As mentioned, the plan has changed and adult and child credits are totally seperate. The system was totally messed up on 1/01 - we were told just to room charge everything until it got sorted out. Heres how it worked:

Child and Adult credits are seperate for both CS and TS meals.

Credits are still "pooled" so that all credits in a room can be accessed using any room key. (This was what was giving the computer system trouble on 1/01)

You get a seperate receipt for your Adult meals and Child meals at each restaurant (CS and TS). I took a picture of the receipts and I'll upload it later.

Sharing is still allowed. We had a 10 year-old "adult" and he and I shared a meal once. If anything, sharing seems to me to be more legit under the new plan because it is impossible to use child credits for anything other than a kid meal.

Thanks for the update.

If anything, sharing seems to me to be more legit under the new plan because it is impossible to use child credits for anything other than a kid meal.
This is as I suspected. Good to read that it seems to be the case.

Glad to hear the part about sharing. We'll probably be sharing some on our trip and I was worried.

Thanks for the report.

Did you have any experience at a CS (like Pizza Planet) with no child meal options? Did they allow you to get a meal with your child credit or is it now impossible to do so?

Thanks again!

We are most likely going to be sharing a few meals, just due to not wanting to be stuffed!! So that is glad to hear!!!

Glad you had a nice trip!

Thanks for the report.

Did you have any experience at a CS (like Pizza Planet) with no child meal options? Did they allow you to get a meal with your child credit or is it now impossible to do so?

Thanks again!

We ate CS at Tangerine Cafe, Pinnochio Village Haus, and Flame Tree - all places with child options. I honestly don't think the updated computer will allow a way to use a child credit on a non-child menu item.

We ate TS at WCC (twice), Sci Fi, and Marakesh. DD8 and I ate alone one night and DS10 and I shared an adult meal at Marakesh and we paid OOP for the extra child meal for DD at WCC once the child credits were gone.

I've added a scan of the new receipts. We got the same type of dual receipts at CS restaurants. These were our receipts after eating at Marakesh. We had used up the child credits, but still had 3 adult meals left. You can see that the child and adult meals and credits are being tracked individually.

16950791.19729a.jpg

Thanks for the update. I wish that Disney had a "Kids Pizza" for those places that serve adult pizza (specifically Pizza Planet, Geppeto's, Pizzafari). Maybe even half an adult pizza?

Oh, well. The DDP is still the best way to go for our family.

Nifty! Thanks for posting! We booked Free Dining on the bounce back program, but since DS is 10 we'll have all adult credits in August. Still interesting to see the changes!

We ate CS at Tangerine Cafe, Pinnochio Village Haus, and Flame Tree - all places with child options. I honestly don't think the updated computer will allow a way to use a child credit on a non-child menu item.

We ate TS at WCC (twice), Sci Fi, and Marakesh. DD8 and I ate alone one night and DS10 and I shared an adult meal at Marakesh and we paid OOP for the extra child meal for DD at WCC once the child credits were gone.

I've added a scan of the new receipts. We got the same type of dual receipts at CS restaurants. These were our receipts after eating at Marakesh. We had used up the child credits, but still had 3 adult meals left. You can see that the child and adult meals and credits are being tracked individually.

16950791.19729a.jpg

Thankyou for the up to date info:thumbsup2
Kerri

Thanks for the update. I wish that Disney had a "Kids Pizza" for those places that serve adult pizza (specifically Pizza Planet, Geppeto's, Pizzafari). Maybe even half an adult pizza?

You mean Pizza Planet does not have pizza on the kids' menu:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter