Just back from the BCVs

Pinnie

<font color=green>Working a Dream Job<br><font col
Just got home from the airport after a great long weekend at the BCVs. This was a very special trip for me, DH and my best friends. In August, my best friend was diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She decided come heck or high water, she was going to be at WDW in December! I am a teacher, and before you all start flaming me, I DID take 2 personal business days off with my principal's blessing BUT I guess that the district realized it couldn't survive without me...so they closed down on Friday (Reality = Snow Day). I wanted to be at WDW with her and her family and a few of our best friends to celebrate her birthday and the fact that she has one more Chemo treatment (after 18 weeks) and then starts radiation. and plans on kicking this thing!

DH picked me up from school on Wed and we headed right for DTW. We grabbed dinner at the airport. Our NWA nonstop was ontime and there were NO problems whatsoever. We headed toward the EI at National, grabbed an HHR and headed right to BCVs. It was a tad chilly and rainy.

Check in (10:15 p.m.) was very quick and efficient. I was worried that because I was checking in so late that I would get stuck with a dreaded SMOKING ROOM. My fears were in vain. We had room 106 (Lockoff non smoking Studio) which was PERFECT in every way. We did make a request to be near our friends, but they ended up on the 4th floor (studio 459) with a great view of the fireworks at EPCOT! It wasn't an issue for us.

Our room was in great shape with NO problems whatsoever. We even had an extra towel set. We had T&T yesterday and that was very efficient. However, our friends room lacked plastic silverware, bowls, etc. It was like the room hadn't been stocked after cleaning! There was some trash in the halls, however, but didn't seem to stay there very long!

Thursday was rainy and cool, so we headed to DTD in the morning. I was so disappointed to see that BEACHES AND CREAM IS CLOSED for rehab. They didn't say when it would reopen. I missed my Mickey Chicken Noodle soup and ice cream this trip!!!! We headed over the the Merry Mixer and were told it was cancelled but they did have cookies and gave us our ornament. Lucky for us the rain stopped for the MVMCP that night! It was great, as usual! The fireworks were a tad 'off" due to the cloud cover, but I am glad they went off as planned anyway!

Friday had us looking for comfort food for lunch, and my friend hadn't seen POP yet, so we ate lunch there. Later we headed to EPCOT for the rest of the day ate dinner at the Land food court and did Candlelight Processional. She was pretty tired out so she headed back to her room and the rest of us stayed for ILLUMINATIONS. I miss the barge and fire in CHAOS but the special holiday ending is amazing!

Saturday we bummed around the MK, then we went over to MGM. Dinner was at Big River Grill followed by Osborne at MGM. Boats were PACKED and slow last night! We retreated back to the BCVs to exchange our Christmas gifts with friends and shared some special time together.

We left this morning and landed in DTW ahead of schedule. It was cruel to have to clean off the Jeep in the parking lot at the airport.

While at MCO, I got to meet one of the Disboards moderators from the Themepark board and we had a nice chat over breakfast!

I'm heading back to BCVs and SSR over Easter, so I guess I need a new countdown.

I am SO glad we made this trip. It was so great to see my friend going on with "normal" things like WDW. Her DH said this was one of her best weekends in a long time. Disney is truly a magical place.

Thanks for reading if you are still with me!

pinnie

Glad you had such a great time! We stayed at BCV during Jersey week/F&WF and had a wonderful time. Everything was clean and everyone was nice...magical vacation--it was great.

What a nice trip for you and your friends.

Thanks for the BCV report. Absolutely love reading them! :sunny:

What great report. Thanks. Glad you got to spend quality time with your friend. It must have meant so much to both of you. Take care.

Thanks for posting. I am so glad you got to spend a long weekend with your friend at such a FUN and "MAGICAL" place. :cool1:

Thanks for the trip report.

Did you happen to take any photos of the views from the rooms? I would love to add them to my website.

We were at BCV last week, too, and had a great stay. B & C was open when we arrived on the 3rd, and we're so glad that we had lunch there. We went back on Wed. the 7th, and it had closed for remodeling. A CM standing nearby said that it would re-open on the 12th (today)!. The Galley at the Yacht Club was serving from the B & C menu, so we got to try our first Kitchen Sink, but did miss out on the great atmosphere of B & C. We asked if B & C was expanding, and our waiter so no. He told us B & C does 45% of all the restaurant business in the Y and B Club resorts - whew, that's a lot of that little place!

Paula H said:
We were at BCV last week, too, and had a great stay. B & C was open when we arrived on the 3rd, and we're so glad that we had lunch there. We went back on Wed. the 7th, and it had closed for remodeling. A CM standing nearby said that it would re-open on the 12th (today)!. The Galley at the Yacht Club was serving from the B & C menu, so we got to try our first Kitchen Sink, but did miss out on the great atmosphere of B & C. We asked if B & C was expanding, and our waiter so no. He told us B & C does 45% of all the restaurant business in the Y and B Club resorts - whew, that's a lot of that little place!

Thanks for the update on Beaches and Cream. We were there from the 7th - 11th and when I saw that little "body bag" over the hostess station, I think I knew how Clark Griswald felt when WallyWorld was closed!

pinnie

B&C is always one of our favorite stops. On our last visit, DD and I took friends (good friend of DD, and her mother, my good friend). A stop at B&C was mandatory--luckily we were there before it closed for the rehab.
We had a great time working on a kitchen sink w/them :goodvibes :banana:

DisZip said:
Thanks for the trip report.

Did you happen to take any photos of the views from the rooms? I would love to add them to my website.
If you need some PICS of room 457, i have some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter