• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from Candy Cane Inn

MouseLover

DIS Veteran
Very pleased with this choice! Every employee I encountered at the front desk & hotel grounds was friendly and helpful. We had a standard room which was small but not as small as I expected after reading reviews. Our room was spotless. The grounds were spotless. Workers were sweeping the turf with a broom and literally mopping the sidewalks. Took the shuttle most of the time and it was always punctual. Drivers were friendly except for one grump. Breakfast was okay. We only ate it twice. The first day donuts were not very fresh but 2nd time they were. Muffins & cheese cubes were fresh both times. We ate by the pool but never swam. Beds were very comfortable. We would definitely stay here again. If you choose to walk, it's a 6-8 minute walk from shuttle pickup to hotel.

Also wanted to add shuttle info:
They accommodate for Magic Mornings by starting the shuttle early, but breakfast does not begin early.
The shuttle departs the hotel on the hour and half-hours, and departs Disneyland on the quarters.

That's our go to place to stay at Disneyland. We will be back there again in less than two weeks. We like the free breakfast because it lets us eat quick and go. No waiting for the check at a restaurant and we don't have to bring breakfast food with us from home.

Glad to hear it's still in good shape! I'll be making reservations for November in a week or two. :yay:

Also happy to hear you had a positive Candy Cane experience, MouseLover (cute user name :) I have been staying there for years. Love how friendly the staff is and as you said grounds are super clean, my favorite is the super soft beds and wonderful showers. Sorry you had a not so friendly shuttle driver and about the pastries one day which I agree with you on they are not always 100% fresh. Happy travels to all :) Have fun in November, Daisybelle, I'll be there very end of that month :)

Nice review! How was the noise level when you were inside the room?

We never had an issue with noise. The fan on the air conditioner is loud enough to block out most noise, in my opinion. We've only stayed on the 2nd floor (it's a two-story structure) so maybe the 1st floor is not as quiet.

I've only ever stayed on the first floor and request a room in the 120's. On the left side (when you are walking toward the rooms) and near the front but not right near the front. I like those rooms because they are quiet but also still close to the shuttle bus pick up.

The only noise that bothered us was some kids squealing loudly in the pool one afternoon.

Also, to clarify, we encountered several different shuttle drivers and only one acted as if he didn't like his job.

We've stayed there many times and never had a problem with first or second floor until one time we were on the first floor and it sounded like people throwing suitcases above us. I don't know what they were doing, but ever since, we always request the second floor, just to be on the safe side.

MouseLover, the regular shuttle driver (I should know his name but don't :( is always very friendly. I pray the driver you had is having a better day today.

Yikes to throwing suitcases, Pink Budgie!

My only "complaint" is the light above the table (standard room) gets awfully hot. So sitting there on laptop or something not good idea for too long. Once I used the laundry room and found the dryers could have been cleaner (lint) but that was ok.

I appreciate so much how reliable Candy Cane is and that they do give a $10 reward certificate upon checkout. You get $10 off each night for your next stay within a year :)

I would just request to have a room not along the main road. Our room was along the road and we always travel with fans, but I still had trouble falling asleep due to road noise (light sleeper here). Otherwise, our stay there was perfect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter