Just back and where we ate!

Harvest02

DIS Veteran
Hopefully this won't be too long, but here are a few of the table service restaurants we ate at:

WCC- great food. Antics are still there(waitress threw napkins and straws on the table, calls for ketchup). Kids really liked their milkshakes. I had the chicken with mashed potatoes and fried apples. Kids had the typical chicken nuggets, can't remember what my husband ate but he said it was good. The cornbread is awesome!!!

Chef Mickey's for breakfast - Large variety of food, as usual. Kids liked the Mickey waffles. They have great eggs too! Characters all make it to the table, sometimes more than once. Great atmosphere with the monorail running by and the napkin twirling.

Sci-Fi Drive In - food was good, I thought. Standard burgers and fries, but the burger was juicy and tasty. My DS9 had the chicken tenders, and DS5 had the macaroni and cheese. They also had milkshakes which they really liked. My husband and I split the burger and fries, so plenty for two people.

Kona Cafe - This is at the Polynesian hotel. I know many of the people on this board don't talk too much about this place, but it is very good food!!! If you go the Disney, give it a try. We made our ADR only 1 day before we wanted to eat there, and there was plenty of space available. I had a grilled chicken sandwich with french fried onions on top, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and some mango sauce. DELICIOUS!!! My husband had some Asian noodle dish(can't remember what it was called). Kids had chicken nuggets, AGAIN!!! Their desserts are fabulous! The kids had the cone with ice cream, mickey sprinkles, and mickey chocolate on top. My husband had Apple Crisp, and I had the Banana creme brulee! Atmosphere is quiet, and you can hear all the waterfalls from the lobby. It is so peaceful here! Lunch was not too expensive either!

So, if any of you have any questions, let me know. I would be glad to answer them.

100_0157.jpg

100_0269.jpg

100_0368.jpg

Thanks so much for sharing -- we have reservations for next week (woo hoo!) at Kona and Sci Fi for lunches, so we're excited. And even though my DD is 14, her favorite food at any restaurant is still chicken nuggets! Thanks ~

I have a few questions. I just made an ADR at WCC but am not too sure about this. We don't like beef very much so the skillet is out. We had planned on the chicken. How would you rate yours? What dessert did you have? Do you think the meal is big enough to share?

Good review of Sci-Fi. We have an early dinner there - 4:20 I think. We plan to share a burger and each get a milkshake.

I am glad to hear you liked Kona. Some of the pics on these boards are so mouth watering that I am going to make an ADR there. We are going offsite to USF but it closes at 6pm (I thought it would be late) so we are just going to come back to WDW for a late dinner.

Unfortunately, I had already make two TS one day and booked CG as well because I thought we would be offsite for two days. Now I don't want to cancel any so we will need to share a few meals. LOL. I am sure we will be eating WAY too much food, anyhow. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

deany said:
I have a few questions. I just made an ADR at WCC but am not too sure about this. We don't like beef very much so the skillet is out. We had planned on the chicken. How would you rate yours? What dessert did you have? Do you think the meal is big enough to share?

Good review of Sci-Fi. We have an early dinner there - 4:20 I think. We plan to share a burger and each get a milkshake.

I am glad to hear you liked Kona. Some of the pics on these boards are so mouth watering that I am going to make an ADR there. We are going offsite to USF but it closes at 6pm (I thought it would be late) so we are just going to come back to WDW for a late dinner.

Unfortunately, I had already make two TS one day and booked CG as well because I thought we would be offsite for two days. Now I don't want to cancel any so we will need to share a few meals. LOL. I am sure we will be eating WAY too much food, anyhow. :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

The chicken was very good. Juicy and not too expensive. I would probably rate it a 9. The dinner could probably be split between two people. Just depends on how hungry you are! They bring 2 or 3 pretty good size pieces of chicken. We did not have dessert here since we were so full from the meal! Can't rate those. Maybe next time!!!

Glad to hear you are going to try Kona. It was delicious. I think this restaurant is kind of a Disney World secret because most people don't mention this place. There are a few posts on it, but not too many. I am glad we tried it, and would go back!

Have fun on your trip!!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

We have a reservation for lunch at sci-fi drive in and from your review I think our kids will love it!! Thanks!!

We have a reservation for lunch at sci-fi drive in and from your review I think our kids will love it!! Thanks!!

This review is ten years old lol

But for a more recent one my husband and I went on our last two trips (2014+2015) and it was great. We loved it. Best milkshakes :thumbsup2

This review is ten years old lol

But for a more recent one my husband and I went on our last two trips (2014+2015) and it was great. We loved it. Best milkshakes :thumbsup2

Haha I didn't even look at the date!! It was just one of the first on my list Well we are excited we have gone to Disney for years but this is our first time trying the dining plan and trying the restaurants!! We normally just packed sandwichs and snacks so I'm sure this will be a great experience for us! Thanks again for the review even if it's old ;)

Kona is one of our go to's every time we are at WDW. One of the best steaks I've ever had was at Kona.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter