Just Back - 9 nights in cabins - any ??

magicplace4me

Mouseketeer
We just returned from our 9 night trip to FW. Stayed in the cabins (2nd time). Had a great time! Weather was perfect, disney was magical! Willing to answer any questions I can!

We'll be there Jan. 3 - 11 and staying in a cabin. I've read from a few people on here that they had quite a mosquito problem. Just wondering if you had the same problem as well? Also, it will be our first time at FW and I was wondering what loop you would recommend. We won't have bikes or anything as we are flying in. Thanks for your help!!
Sherrie

At check in and again in the cabin they give you a notice about mosquitos. We didn't have any problem however. My youngest DS is a mosquito magnet and was not bitten. One time around dusk at the pool I saw one but that was the worst we noticed.

As for a loop we request loop 2100. It is a smaller loop, it the closest to meadows trading post (its not a bad walk), and has a bus stop right across the street. It also backs up to a camping loop and there is a path between cabind 2135 & 2136 that leads to the comfort station there. I mention this because it also has laundry facilities there. I would request cabin 2132 - 2142.

If your not renting a car (we didn't have a vehical this trip) I would recommend using a car service (we used Tiffany Town Car) that offers a grocery stop on the way from the airport. When you check in tell the desk that you need a ride to the cabin and they will send a van to take you. The night before you leave call the desk and schedule a pick up.

Hope this helps! Any other questions?

We were there from 11/5-12 and we wanted loop 2100, but we couldn't get it. We did get 2600 and it was across from the pool and laundry.
Hope you get cool weather and you won't have to worry about the skeeters

Hi Magic! :wave:

I'll be staying in a FW cabin from 1/31 - 2/04 - this will be my first stay onsite and my second time at Disney World (first was years and years ago). This will also be my 5 year old's first ever trip to the World.

Any tips on getting around (i.e. from resort to parks etc.)?

What do you recommend bringing to the cabins?

Was it loud in the cabins sections?

Did you go to the campfire/sing-alongs and movies? If so, how was your experience?

In short, I guess, I want to know EVERYTHING about your recent trip.

Hi Canesfan30!

Sorry This has taken so long but I've been digging out after our first big snowstorm of the season! Reality is not as much fun as Disney!

I thought the buses ran pretty smoothly (as my kids said we had good bus luck). As far as from resort to resort my method during regular hours is to use the nearest park. For example if I wanted take the boat to Mk and then the bus to the other resort. If it is a monorail resort, there is a launch (boat) from FW to the Contemporary the you can take the monorail from there. We did have a golf cart this trip which made within the campground and to the external buses a little quicker. Especially if you don't have a golf cart I would request a cabin in the beginning or end of a loop that you will be closest to the bus stops.

The cabins are well equipped. Obviously bring any food, drink, condiments etc. you need. Other things I can think of are a flashlight, a laundry bag and maybe some ziplock bags or plastic wrap (leftovers, cut fruit etc.) The other thing we bring is a 2 liter insulated drink container with a strap. Wal-mart has them for $5. We remove the inner platic bottle 1/2 fill it with water and put it in the freezer overnight. Before we leave for the park we fill it the rest of the way with water, zip it into its insulated case and we don't have to pay $2.50 for bottled water all day long. I will say we need two of these next trip.

During both of our stays at the cabins we have thought they were very quiet and comfortable. We didn't get to campfire/movie this trip. We camp alot so the campfire at FW is not a draw for my kids and there was only 1 or 2 movies my kids were interested in while we were there and other choices were made. We did do this in the past and would again in the future if it worked out. Make sure you bring a blanket or something it can get chilly sitting there in the off season!

I'm sure you'll have a great time at FW there is enough to do without going to the parks! The space and convenience of having a kitchen makes the cabins a great value in my book.

Let me know if I can help with anything else!

I am also going to be there 1/31 - 2/5.
Did you use the pool near the cabins? How is that area set up (w/ laundry, etc.)
How early were you able to check in?
How were the CMs?
Did you go to the parks? If so, about how long did it take to get to them? Did you come back to the cabin for a rest before heading back to the parks (i.e. nap time?)?
:hyper:
Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter