Just Back - 12/12/16 to 25/1/17

Did you eat every meal out? I'm not sure if it was a case of the American food not agreeing with you, or just eating out for that many meals in a row. I'm sure that would do a doozy on me!

That's what I was thinking. If I'm going anywhere for 7 weeks I'll be needing a kitchen to cook some meals.

7 weeks? Dang! Glad you had a good time!
Just curious: Your daughter is 7. Is she not in school? Or did you take her out for that long?
American food agrees with me as I'm American, but 7 weeks of eating out would NOT agree with me, no matter where! LOL.

7 weeks? Dang! Glad you had a good time!
Just curious: Your daughter is 7. Is she not in school? Or did you take her out for that long?
American food agrees with me as I'm American, but 7 weeks of eating out would NOT agree with me, no matter where! LOL.

I *think* he said they're from Australia - which would mean they are on their summer break. Their seasons are opposite from ours.

School Holidays for us here in Australia start early December through to start of February depending on what state you are from and which school you go to. This is the Summer break end of school year.

We did not eat out every night , we were able to make our own food as well. Nothing fancy but a nice change from eating out all the time.

You are right in saying it wouldnt matter where you are , even if we were here in Oz eating out all the time you would get sick.

It didnt stop us from enjoying our time.

School Holidays for us here in Australia start early December through to start of February depending on what state you are from and which school you go to. This is the Summer break end of school year.

We did not eat out every night , we were able to make our own food as well. Nothing fancy but a nice change from eating out all the time.

You are right in saying it wouldnt matter where you are , even if we were here in Oz eating out all the time you would get sick.

It didnt stop us from enjoying our time.

How on Earth do you make your food in a hotel room?

I know it is 20 -20 hindsight, but I would need a kitchen if I was staying 7 weeks. I liek to dine out, but a=fter ten days I want my own meals, an dI cannto figure out how I woudl do that in a room.

HELLO fellow Australian Disney fan!!!

Hubby and I spent 8 nights at WDW in September 2016 and encountered the same rudeness and issues from South American/Brazilian tourists. We found them extremely rude and had more than one bad encounter during our stay. We didn't let it ruin our experience but it wasn't pleasant, especially when there was really no need to be rude.

We're actually already planning our return trip for Christmas 2021. OK I know it's a crazy long time away but we want to make sure that Star Wars land is open (and the opening crowds have gone), Pandora is open and we catch the 50th Anniversary Celebrations. By waiting so long we'll also be able to stay in deluxe resorts for 2 weeks on our next stay instead of POP (which we actually really liked but it was only for 4 nights) and Port Orleans Riverside (which we found really underwhelming thanks to the frustrating bus situation and difficulty in getting anywhere other than Disney Springs by boat).

We flew straight through to Orlando (from Far North Queensland) in September which was 28 hours for us and we decided we'd never do that again. Next trip we plan on flying to LA (16 hours) and then spending 5 nights around Disneyland in early December and then flying on to Orlando to spend 1 week at a Universal resort and 2 more weeks at WDW deluxe resorts :)

Reading your thoughts on the Christmas time crowds was really interesting. We're considering staying for Christmas Day and then flying back to Australia on Boxing Day. Can I ask if you spent any time in the parks on Christmas Day?

HELLO fellow Australian Disney fan!!!

Hubby and I spent 8 nights at WDW in September 2016 and encountered the same rudeness and issues from South American/Brazilian tourists. We found them extremely rude and had more than one bad encounter during our stay. We didn't let it ruin our experience but it wasn't pleasant, especially when there was really no need to be rude.

We're actually already planning our return trip for Christmas 2021. OK I know it's a crazy long time away but we want to make sure that Star Wars land is open (and the opening crowds have gone), Pandora is open and we catch the 50th Anniversary Celebrations. By waiting so long we'll also be able to stay in deluxe resorts for 2 weeks on our next stay instead of POP (which we actually really liked but it was only for 4 nights) and Port Orleans Riverside (which we found really underwhelming thanks to the frustrating bus situation and difficulty in getting anywhere other than Disney Springs by boat).

We flew straight through to Orlando (from Far North Queensland) in September which was 28 hours for us and we decided we'd never do that again. Next trip we plan on flying to LA (16 hours) and then spending 5 nights around Disneyland in early December and then flying on to Orlando to spend 1 week at a Universal resort and 2 more weeks at WDW deluxe resorts :)

Reading your thoughts on the Christmas time crowds was really interesting. We're considering staying for Christmas Day and then flying back to Australia on Boxing Day. Can I ask if you spent any time in the parks on Christmas Day?

Howdy,
Theres just no easy way to get to there hahaha but flying to Los Angeles and staying is the best option.

Your future plans sound like ours but we are looking at 2020 and Disneyland hanging for Star Wars Land.

We spent Christmas day at Animal Kingdom, it didnt feel crowded at all. Still lots of people but never felt out of control.
Other days leading up to New years the crowd level died down then shot back up New years eve and day.
Martin Luther King weekend felt more busy in January than the Christmas break.

Either way there will always be crowds there no matter when you go.
:)

Wow, that's some vacation! Looks like you all had a great trip Despite the resort and food stuff.
I too think a long vacation like yours would be more comfortable in a larger set up, DVC rental or Deluxe property to get maximum comfort.

@wsssup We're going in with the expectation that we'll head to Magic Kingdom for rope drop on Christmas morning, ride a few rides straight away, grab a nice breakfast somewhere in the park and stay for an early parade or show. For us it's really just a chance to soak up the Disney Christmas atmosphere. We'll leave the park mid/late morning and then head to a less busy park or a resort restaurant for a nice Christmas lunch. Could there possibly be anything more amazing than spending Christmas Day/morning in the most magical place on earth!!

Yeh just being there for the Christmas season was awesome. The decorations , lights everything is very awesome.
And having Talking Mickey sing Happy Birthday to my daughter was awesome.

Just a reminder to keep discussion focused on theme parks to remain on this board.

7 weeks of fun and adventure sounds great!

Looking forward to your full trip report.

Just a reminder to keep discussion focused on theme parks to remain on this board.

7 weeks of fun and adventure sounds great!

Looking forward to your full trip report.

I'm just curious as to where we stopped discussing the theme parks? Is it not ok to discuss trips/trip reports and planning? I thought that was the purpose of the boards?

I would like to apologize for the Brazilian tourists.
Yes, there is a cultural difference.. but this should not bother anyone.:oops::oops::oops:

I'm just curious as to where we stopped discussing the theme parks? Is it not ok to discuss trips/trip reports and planning? I thought that was the purpose of the boards?

In the past, just back and here now threads were moved to the TR board immediately. However, we (the TPAS mods) felt just back threads were helpful in planning. So we allow them now, with these guidelines.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/here-now-and-just-back-thread-guidelines.3542917/

You'll see the guidlines in a pinned thread.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter