• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back 09/20-09/25 Anniversary Trip!

Belle915

Mouseketeer
Just got back from our anniversary trip to Disney 9/20-9/25. It was just myself and my husband.

I wanted to share my thoughts and experiences with everyone since a lot of you helped me out so much! If anyone has any questions please let me know! We did all 4 parks and also Disney Springs.

Resort: We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge. This was our first time and we fell in love with it!!! We decided to splurge on going deluxe so I only booked a standard view but faxed and called with our requests: Savannah room, higher floor and king bed and all three were granted! Every night we came back to 4 giraffes sleeping outside our balcony—so amazing! The resort is just gorgeous and would totally stay here again!

The buses weren’t bad at all. I was a little worried reading how some people waited forever. I think the longest wait was 15 mins.

Food and wine: This was our first time doing food and wine and loved it!!! Took everyone’s advice and went during the week (on a Wednesday) and it was perfect. Headed into world showcase a little before 11. We actually went around as far as they would let us and ended up hitting Moracco first. And then working our way around toward Mexico, then heading up the other side later on in the day. This was a good strategy because we could see a lot of people stopped in the booths closer to the front of world showcase first. Waits were great! Longest wait was maybe 2 or 3 mins to order and that was rare, most we just walked up. We were able to eat all our must haves and a lot of want to tries. Food was great! So fun we would do again! On a side note—we went back on Saturday afternoon to go to Via Napoli and crowds were insane!!! Much longer waits and felt a lot hotter. So I will echo everyone else---go during the middle of the week!

Crowds in the park: It was on the lower side most days and pretty much what I expected. Most rides were walk ons or 15-20 min waits—of course the rides like 7 dwarfs were longer but one day in the afternoon I saw a 30 min wait, not bad at all! Saturday was by far our most busy day. We went to Hollywood studies, Epcot and Magic Kingdom and it was a lot more crowded in all the parks than the rest of the rest of the week---but it was a Saturday so I’m sure that’s why.

Weather—We got really lucky! Yes it was hot---but come on it is Florida Haha We were fully prepared for the heat. But it really wasn’t as bad as I thought. Saturday was the hottest but I think that was because the parks were more crowded so it felt hotter. Only really rained once while we were in the parks and only for about 10 mins and it wasn’t too hard. We were staking our seats for wishes so we just threw on ponchos and waited it out.

Star Wars Dessert Party- First time doing this. It was fun but probably wouldn’t do it again. It felt pretty crowded and people were pushing to get food and running around like crazy. We were lucky and got a table but some people had to go outside of the ropes to find a spot. Dessert were okay, some better than others. The savory options were yummy! Viewing spot was awesome!!! We went out a few mins early to nap a front spot behind the scooters and it was perfect!

Restaurants- We ate at, Boathouse, The Plaza, Trader sams (appetizers), Ohana, Via Napoli, Sanaa, Casey’s, and Starring Rolls. I really feel like I am forgetting something! We never had a bad meal! We ate breakfast in the room. We actually used Amazon Now. This was great! Super easy! We ordered the night before we left and it was delivered right as we were checking in.

Cast Members- Everyone was for the most part awesome! Everyone once in a while we would hit one that just acted like they could care less about being there, but that was pretty rare. Everyone else was super friendly and helpful.

Last thoughts- We loved our trip!! We never have a bad time at Disney. We staked out the best spot for Wishes—Just in front of Caseys there is the new “grassy” area and ahead of that there is a fountain with a little bench going around. We sat there and we had the perfect view! We probably got there about 1.5 hours early. We were really tired so we were ready to sit down, eat some Casey’s and people watch!

Thank you for everyone for all the helpful tips! The food and wine, fireworks spots, and dessert party tips were so great to know!!! Let me know if anyone has any questions!

Great post Belle! When did you send your fax and make your call regarding your room requests?

Great post Belle! When did you send your fax and make your call regarding your room requests?

Thank you! :) I faxed my request 5 days before our check in and called 2 days before. When I called I just asked to verify they had the right requests on file and the had received my fax

Sounds like an amazing trip! I'm glad to read about the buses at Animal Kingdom as that's where we are staying also. I've ready so many different thoughts on the buses there, but honestly we've been so many times I don't rush anything anymore.

Sounds like an amazing trip! I'm glad to read about the buses at Animal Kingdom as that's where we are staying also. I've ready so many different thoughts on the buses there, but honestly we've been so many times I don't rush anything anymore.

us too :) I think if you go into thinking you could potentially wait a while and allow the time, it doesn't seem as bad. Every day we allowed time to wait 30 mins for the bus so it was nice not to have to :)

So nice to hear you had a great time. I'm curious what you thought of Ohana? My wife and I are making our first trip for dinner on our November trip :)

Doug :goofy:

So nice to hear you had a great time. I'm curious what you thought of Ohana? My wife and I are making our first trip for dinner on our November trip :)

We love Ohana!!!! I might be a little biased though because it's a family tradition :) We have been going since I was little and then I got my husband hooked on it! I know I read it is hit and miss with some people but we have only had hits! Food is yummy and there is a ton! Come Hungry! I almost needed to be rolled out haha You start with pineapple bread---so good but don't fill up on it, you need to save room! Then you get some really yummy lettuce salad. I thought ours was really fresh tasting. Next up is noodles, veggies, pot stickers and wings. My fave is the pot stickers and noodles! My husband loves the wings. Then you get skewers of amazing meat! Steak, chicken and peel and eat shrimp! then if you aren't already bursting, you get scrumptious banana bread pudding---which I can't just leave any so I ate till I almost exploded haha So a lot of food! It is always a highlight of any of our trips :)

We love Ohana!!!! I might be a little biased though because it's a family tradition :) We have been going since I was little and then I got my husband hooked on it! I know I read it is hit and miss with some people but we have only had hits! Food is yummy and there is a ton! Come Hungry! I almost needed to be rolled out haha You start with pineapple bread---so good but don't fill up on it, you need to save room! Then you get some really yummy lettuce salad. I thought ours was really fresh tasting. Next up is noodles, veggies, pot stickers and wings. My fave is the pot stickers and noodles! My husband loves the wings. Then you get skewers of amazing meat! Steak, chicken and peel and eat shrimp! then if you aren't already bursting, you get scrumptious banana bread pudding---which I can't just leave any so I ate till I almost exploded haha So a lot of food! It is always a highlight of any of our trips :)
Now I'm excited! pixiedust:

Just in front of Caseys there is the new “grassy” area and ahead of that there is a fountain with a little bench going around. We sat there and we had the perfect view! We probably got there about 1.5 hours early. We were really tired so we were ready to sit down, eat some Casey’s and people watch!

How long did it take for the bench to fill up?

Just in front of Caseys there is the new “grassy” area and ahead of that there is a fountain with a little bench going around. We sat there and we had the perfect view! We probably got there about 1.5 hours early. We were really tired so we were ready to sit down, eat some Casey’s and people watch!

How long did it take for the bench to fill up?

We got there about an hour and half before wishes and there was a couple people there already. it probably took maybe 30-45 mins more to fill up. That night was hard to judge because about a half an hour after we got there it rained for about 10 mins and a bunch of people left for shelter but right after it got done raining, it started getting pretty filled. I would say allow an hour...maybe more if you want to make sure you get a spot to sit. You could always walk by and scope it out :)

us too :) I think if you go into thinking you could potentially wait a while and allow the time, it doesn't seem as bad. Every day we allowed time to wait 30 mins for the bus so it was nice not to have to :)

That's our plan. We've been so many times that we just don't rush it anymore and like to take our time. Our trips have become much more enjoyable that way. :)

That's our plan. We've been so many times that we just don't rush it anymore and like to take our time. Our trips have become much more enjoyable that way. :)

We try to do that too! :) other days are better then others haha usually MK days we are go go go but in general we try to have a more relaxed trip. I think it makes it so much more enjoyable! The little things don't bother you quite as much if you are laid back.

We were at AKL the exact same days as you! We loved it, I was almost sad to leave it to go the the parks each day! It was our family's first WDW trip and I am already dreaming about the next one.

We noticed the same thing about the crowds on Saturday. We were at AK and it was packed. In the future, I might plan Saturday as a resort day.

We were at AKL the exact same days as you! We loved it, I was almost sad to leave it to go the the parks each day! It was our family's first WDW trip and I am already dreaming about the next one.

We noticed the same thing about the crowds on Saturday. We were at AK and it was packed. In the future, I might plan Saturday as a resort day.

We felt the same way!!! The next time we stay there I want to plan a little more down time for the resort! at night I never wanted to go to bed because of the animals sleeping outside our balcony and it was just so cool!

I bet AK felt super hot if it was that crowded! we were there friday and it wasn't too bad crowd wise and I was dripping like crazy! haha always way hotter in that park! but still love it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter