• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just a FP+ Thought...Don't Have to Like My Opinion!

I have used the system and agree 100%! I actually experienced things that I had never done before and loved having my favorites already booked. It's a great system, and I'm excited to see where they take it.

I'm trying to go with an open mind about the new FP+ system for our annual June trip. We aren't a family that makes RD, never have, probably never will. We stay out late and sleep in. We know how to work the FP system and even getting to parks by 10:30 we're able to get the FPs we want 95% of the time. If we didn't get them on a certain day, we'd go back another day for a few hours in that park and head over to a different park later in the day. Now with the limit of 3 and tiered attractions, what's the point of having a park hopper ticket?? What's the point of staying on site ~ EMH? We could EASILY get 6-8 FP in a day, ride everything we wanted to several times, and never felt rushed. I'm not seeing the incentive of the "extras" we've paid for in the past ~ park hopper, Disney resort. There needs to be "perks" for those guests. If they want to tier the attractions, they need to tier by the level of resort you stay in and the kind of ticket you purchase ~ the more you pay, the more you play.

Like I said, I'm trying to go with an open mind, but we have 4 kids ranging in ages from 9-16 that know the FP system and can work it to the fullest. It's going to be a completely different vacation for us this year. This year will be the test of where we spend our thousands of dollars next summer.

But look at your photo with the princesses....that's all part of the WDW experience IMO!

So it must say something that a huge fan such as myself would be so unhappy with the new system.

We loved Disney because we could do it ALL. We could enjoy rides, characters, shows, parades....... the whole ball of wax. But that all takes a lot of time. And if I'm spending more of my time accomplishing one piece of that puzzle (the rides), the balance is gone. The time has to come from somewhere. It's even more important now that my princess is a teenager intent on taking multiple rides on the headliners. I loved that Disney was growing with us as she moved out of the little kid stuff and into the thrill rides. Like so many other kids her age, she wants to take repeat rides on her favorites. Now we can't even do each of her favorites once with fastpass, let alone twice. It's really becoming apparent that it's time for us to move over to US. And it does indeed make me sad.

I imagine a fair number of you thrilled with the new system have no kids or very young kids. When they become teens and thrill ride junkies you'll understand better.

I have used the system and agree 100%! I actually experienced things that I had never done before and loved having my favorites already booked. It's a great system, and I'm excited to see where they take it.

You know, I've been thinking about this. Every time I see a response from a member of the Dis team, be it a moderator here or a podcast member, it's overwhelming positive with no criticism. So, I have to ask myself why this is? Why does no one, who works for a travel agency that specializes in Disney vacations, have anything at all negative to say about a system that could possibly anger people enough to cancel their vacations, and therefore lose money? Is this just a coincidence?

I hope the system works as well for you as it did for us...as I said we used it in late Oct/Nov and will be utilizing it again in March! That said any day in Disney is looking good to us...tired of this cold tundra weather in the northeast. :cool1:

You know, I've been thinking about this. Every time I see a response from a member of the Dis team, be it a moderator here or a podcast member, it's overwhelming positive with no criticism. So, I have to ask myself why this is? Why does no one, who works for a travel agency that specializes in Disney vacations, have anything at all negative to say about a system that could possibly anger people enough to cancel their vacations, and therefore lose money? Is this just a coincidence?

Not entirely true. If you listened to the most recent DIS podcast, you'll find that many of them are quite concerned about FP+. Kevin in particular sounded very unenthusiastic about the system and he IS a travel agent with Dreams Unlimited.

Here's a thing that so many on this board forget. (because most of this board... I would assume, go to Disney more than once)

A lot of families, Disney world is a once in a lifetime trip. So, I don't see them spending upwards of $5-7 thousand dollars to "leisurely" stroll through Disneyworld. Heck, the very first time I went to Disneyworld, I went through that trip like a demon on fire. I honestly thought it was going to be the only time I was ever going to be able to go. So I wanted to go on EVERY ride, experience EVERY show, and soak in EVERY detail. Which is just not possible to do on a normal week long vacation.

And so I can understand the frustration some have w/the new fast pass system. But I also believe a Disneyworld vacation HAS TO BE RESEARCHED and people need to put time and effort into the planning process when they go. It just boils my hide when people go to Disneyworld on a whim, no planning, busiest time of the year, and then b*tch and moan how awful the place is. (slap up side the head)

I am so grateful that I am now at a point of my life where we can go every other year. :) So the fast pass system doesn't affect me as much, since I know I'll be back. (and we always go during the slow season)

Just to be clear, I have no stake in Disney other than being a big a fan...I do believe that there are certain ages when your children would rather enjoy US OR busch Gardens. Etc. Regardless of FP+....

I just have been so amazed with people commenting about a system they never tried!

So that's why I'm waiting until everything is sorted out. I've seen some positive reviews, and some negative.

When basic things happen, like door locks fail to open, or tickets don't show up, that gives me pause.

FP+/MDE... well, those rely on Disney IT to work right. Their customer-facing websites have always been glitchy, and MDE tests I've run have been slow on my smartphone (even on a local WiFi connection).

I'll wait, thank you, until there are no more failure reports coming in. I don't expect everyone will be happy with it, but I do expect it to work reliably.

So that's why I'm waiting until everything is sorted out. I've seen some positive reviews, and some negative.

When basic things happen, like door locks fail to open, or tickets don't show up, that gives me pause.

FP+/MDE... well, those rely on Disney IT to work right. Their customer-facing websites have always been glitchy, and MDE tests I've run have been slow on my smartphone (even on a local WiFi connection).

I'll wait, thank you, until there are no more failure reports coming in. I don't expect everyone will be happy with it, but I do expect it to work reliably.

Yeah..... putting IT in charge of all the door locks seems...... ill-advised at best. And we have all heard how that's working out for them. I'd love to see the total bill for room discounts from guest recovery so far.

Larry, you really should escape west like many of us infidels have been doing. It's all the rage. My door key worked every. single. time.

Ah yes..... definitely living the good life.

You pay admission to the beach? Of course the room costs money. But at Disney we pay for the room AND park admission. Our beach vacations are always tons cheaper. I think Disney is hoping for an all-inclusive model. And they are hoping you forget just how much you paid to walk through the gates every day.

I'm not going to beach for the day...too far. I always price total cost for vacations and divide by days. So to go to beach means we need a room...house, whatever. It costs.

Not entirely true. If you listened to the most recent DIS podcast, you'll find that many of them are quite concerned about FP+. Kevin in particular sounded very unenthusiastic about the system and he IS a travel agent with Dreams Unlimited.

I find it a bit offensive to claim that I am satisfied with Disney and its FP+ system because of my connections with The DIS.

As noted in Jennasis' post above, there are podcasters (and bloggers, agents, moderators, etc.) who have concerns with the system. For me, it works, and I enjoyed using it very much last month. For others, they worry about it taking away spontaneity or it being so glitchy.

My comments are based on my experiences in the parks and opinions resulting from them. So far, FP+ has been nothing but wonderful for me; it's unfortunate that many are having trouble using it, but I have not experienced that.

I have no issue giving Disney the negative criticism when I see fit (you'll hear others associated with The DIS do the same on the podcast or in blogs). Last year I wrote a blog outlining my disgust for the current bus system and its flaws. More recently, I have discussed and written about the decline in cast member guest service in the parks. In-between I discussed my concern for replacing Main Street Bakery with a Starbucks. Insinuating that my opinions are clouded based on what I do here is truly unjust. This is a discussion forum where all are free to share their thoughts - positive and negative.

I agree..new system should work reliably...my experience again in Oct/Nov was really good...I was able to change fast passes day before and day of and was happy. Hoping it works equally as well now that it is rolled out to many more visitors!

I find it a bit offensive to claim that I am satisfied with Disney because of my connections with The DIS.

As noted in Jennasis' post above, there are podcasters (and bloggers, agents, moderators, etc.) who have concerns with the system. For me, it works, and I enjoyed using it very much last month. For others, they worry about it taking away spontaneity or it being so glitchy.

My comments are based on my experiences in the parks and opinions resulting from them. So far, FP+ has been nothing but wonderful for me; it's unfortunate that many are having trouble using it, but I have not experienced that.

I have no issue giving Disney the negative criticism when I see fit (you'll hear others associated with The DIS do the same on the podcast or in blogs). Last year I wrote a blog outlining my disgust for the current bus system and its flaws. More recently, I have discussed and written about the decline in cast member guest service in the parks. Insinuating that my opinions are clouded based on what I do here is truly unjust. This is a discussion forum where all are free to share their thoughts - positive and negative.

Ok, then. No offense intended, I just always find situations curious when it's all sunshine and rainbows. It's similar to how I never trust people that I meet who are always smiling and happy.

I am so annoyed with all this FP+ bashing!! It is obvious you don't like it, but why go on and on and on about it. Why are you on this site if you would rather be at the beach. It sounds like you have nothing good to say so why are you here?!?! Go to Universal I don't care......... less people for me to worry about. I am tired of people clogging up with boards with junk. I use to go on here to get me excited for my trip not bring me down. I am excited to use FP+, don't try ruining it for everyone. I myself don't understand completely how its going to work, but the beauty in that is that it's not my problem!! Sorry you're so negative, I hope you can look at the glass half full.........

Sorry smiley and happy that would be me...after two rough years with long family hospitalizations, I am a glass half full gal and any day in Disney brings a smile to my face....almost sorry I started this thread!

Try FP+...you may actually like it!

Ok, then. No offense intended, I just always find situations curious when it's all sunshine and rainbows. It's similar to how I never trust people that I meet who are always smiling and happy.

You won't find all sunshine and rainbows on the podcast. That's one of the reasons I like it more than some other podcasts. The DIS podcasters aren't afraid to express both the positive and the negative. I can think of one podcast in particular that never posts anything negative. Ever. I can't really trust those opinions for similar reasons as you stated.

As for me, I was able to experience FP+ both in November and December. Apart for some minor glitches, it worked well for me. I do have friends who have had some problems that required Disney IT tech support to help fix, and others who used 6 FP in a day who were NOT happy with this new system. So while it worked for me, who doesn't tour the parks the way the more "commando" style others prefer, I can understand exactly why many others don't like it.

I expect Disney to tweak the system as this continues to move forward, and maybe they will solve some of the issues that turn people off for now, like the lack of park hopping. I believe they will, or many people won't buy the park hopper option on their theme park passes going forward. That seems logical.

I'm not going to beach for the day...too far. I always price total cost for vacations and divide by days. So to go to beach means we need a room...house, whatever. It costs.

But that's my point. At Disney you have to add the price of admissions to the price of lodging and food.

There are no additional admission costs at the beach. Well, in all fairness it does cost $2 to park when I want to drive down to the pier instead of staying on that gorgeous shell-strewn beach right in front of our condo. :cool2:

We're really not comparing apples to apples here...a beach vacation doesn't include attractions, shows, theming, parades, fireworks and more...

You might be plesantly surprised how the new system may work for you....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter