• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jungle Book: Alive with Magic

I guess you haven't seen the movie Finding Nemo.

Not the whole movie. I have heard that the show is like a summarized version.

I mentioned Nemo because it is IMO the worst show I've ever seen in a Disney park, and for me, it is the measuring stick of terribleness for all live theme park shows.

Some people just don't care for Broadway-caliber shows, I guess. The composers of Finding Nemo are Tony winners, the puppetry is amazing, the story is right from the movie, and the cast is great. But I'm sure no one will agree with me because I actually liked the Jungle Book show! Yes, JB is flawed, but for the amount of time they had to put it together I thought it was well worth watching.

I guess you haven't seen the movie Finding Nemo.

If you like live music and dancing, you'll probably enjoy it.. If your expecting a disney stage show, skip it.

I actually think the best seat is outside of the theater standing on the bridge near everest and they tape off a viewing area that is never crowded when it starts (but quickly becomes crowded when others discover you can see and hear from there)

Yes, reports say it's a walk on during the show (like you may be the only person on the train during the late show)

That is what I am hoping in a couple weeks! :cool1: I've been on it in the dark before and it's great.

Not the whole movie. I have heard that the show is like a summarized version.

I mentioned Nemo because it is IMO the worst show I've ever seen in a Disney park, and for me, it is the measuring stick of terribleness for all live theme park shows.
You more enjoyed sitting on the floor watching the Disney Jr puppets?

Disney Jr is the sort of thing you only do for your preschool kid. (Where you spend most of the time looking at your child)
I thought Finding Nemo was one of those things ... But found it more entertaining than that.

JB was not good - and that's being kind. If you're there anyway and want to give it a try - it's not torturous but it's not good either. When we went (early June) the sound was bad and the water projections were not that clear. I thought it was a mess and really sort of felt thrown together. I had more fun riding EE at night and taking the safari at night. yes, it's dark and you can't see a lot on the nighttime version, but it's still very cool. I liked the sounds and just the feeling of being there at night. Unless you're just done with everything else - I would skip JB.

My issues with it are how ridiculous and preposterous the storyline is. And also how terrible the music is.
So.....ummmm.... what Disney animated film story line isn't ridiculous and preposterous?!

Toys coming alive and journey across the city? Nope

Woodland animals being summoned and helping a young girl clean while her pumpkin is being turned into a coach? Nope

A wooden puppet coming to life as a real boy with his nose growing? Nope

A mouse having a pet dog? Nope

A dinosaur taking in a small human caveman that was called dibs on by naming him? Nope

I think your Disney movie storyline expectations may be slightly out of line.

IDK...a storyline in which one of the main characters is trying to get flushed down the toilet to make his way back into the sea seems more preposterous to me than other Disney tales.

In any event, I seriously disliked the Nemo show. After seeing a show on the Travel Channel about it, I expected to be impressed with the puppets, but they did nothing for me.

If the songs weren't so horrible, I might have been OK with it. But honestly, the best things I can say about the Nemo show are that the theater was air-conditioned and the seats weren't uncomfortable.

I don't know that Nemo is boring. My issues with it are how ridiculous and preposterous the storyline is. And also how terrible the music is.

I like Disney shows in general. Festival of the Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, various musical shows I've seen throughout the years. I really liked the Tarzan show that was on the same site as Nemo. I never flat out hated a Disney show in the parks...until I saw Nemo. The worst IMO, so if JB is better, it may be worth seeing. :)

This is going to sound strange, but... If you hated Nemo, maybe you'll like JB. I am not a "show" person but darn it if I don't start to cry every time I hear the music "That's my Dad..." LOL. Love that show. I would suspect it's a difference in style/preferences, perhaps?

Nemo is much better but Nemo isn't at all boring. It's incredibly entertaining.
If you find Nemo boring then I'd probably suggest not going to any show on property, at any park.

I'm not a fan of the Nemo Live musical (love Finding Nemo in general though) and I enjoy most of the other shows on property. :o

I was sad about missing this show since I arrive on the 7th, but after reading this thread I feel better. :p

OK, one more saying that Jungle Book is a waste of time. I found it boring. Basically, they sing a few songs from the movie, and have some people randomly dancing around, plus some projections on giant water screens. There were fire dancers on the last song, which were moderately more entertaining (but less impressive than other fire dancers I've seen in other shows...). The rest of my family liked it a little more and said it was OK. If you have nothing else to do, or just want a preview of the water screens from Rivers of Light, then go ahead and watch it, but I would really skip it. Spend your time watching the Tree of Life "shows" - they are much better, in my opinion. I've heard that Everest is great at that time, also (but don't know first hand).

I've seen Nemo twice (the first time, years ago, the show was cut short due to a malfunction with Crush about 2/3 of the way through). Nemo was, to that point, my least favorite of the live shows in the parks, also, but Jungle Book was worse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter