• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jungle Book: Alive with Magic

I wouldn't waste a FP+ and stand in the loooooooong line to be packed into the FP+ theater when you could go on EE, then casually stroll to the standby theater (enter by Finding Nemo) and enjoy the show with much more personal space around you.

The show isn't better than EE at night, I found it interesting enough to see once and look at a few of the future Rivers of Light elements

I saw it last week with low expectations due to all the negative feedback, and I liked it much more than I expected to. The biggest issue it had was that the water effect just doesn't work well, and I found myself not paying any attention to it since I already had a rough idea of the story. The music, dancing, drums, fire dancers and costumes were wonderful. I wasn't expecting live singers, and that was a very nice touch. We even recognized one of them from the Festival of the Lion King show we had seen earlier. There are not a lot of special effects, but it's a quality show.

I would not in my right mind spend any money on a package to see this nor would I waste a FP+ on it, especially because you can't make a fourth FP+ until after the show. If you have absolutely nothing left to do, then I'd recommend it if the line's short. It's pretty boring in my opinion, but if you want to try it, go ahead. It won't be around for much longer. By Disney standards though, I wouldn't consider it a quality show.

I saw this back in June with an open mind, because I never like to compare shows by watching videos of them before I see it. I saw this show, and I remember leaving very upset. I would rather enjoy more Tree of Life shows, or ride Expedition Everest several times, because that ride is now my new favorite ride to go on at night out of every ride at WDW. If you want to experience this before it leaves in a couple weeks, I wouldn't wait more than 15 minutes for this show. I would also see the 2nd show because there was no one at that show for what I could see on the other side of the lake, and you could literally walk in. Animal Kingdom at night is a great experience though. Don't let our bad reviews take away from something you want to see. Everyone has a different taste, and I hope you have a great trip with whatever decision you decide to make.

I'm a Disney apologist but I thought this show was awful. The show doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. To me, it isn't worth wasting a fastpass on.

The only reason why we saw this show last Monday was because I was using a dining credit and had dinner at Tusker House so I had the option to choose the reservation with the show fast pass as an option. We will most likely return to WDW not on the DDP, and I would not waste a FP or pay additional $ for a dining package for the show. I'd say it's worth it to go if you have not experienced watching any other Disney show at all in AK, but want to partake in a show to say you did something else besides ride rides and look at animals.

We were at AK on Fri night and kept cracking jokes about JB: Alive but Tragic. (We saw it in May.)

The dancers try hard. The water screen is a hot mess and the music is hit or miss. Mostly, the audience around us just looked confused.

If you have time to kill, it's not going to hurt... but walking past the FP line at 9:40 (the 9:00 show had been cancelled) just made me sad. Folks were giving up their last 90 minutes of their evening for that... we felt like we should warn them that they were about to be underwhelmed.

The main question I have for those who have seen it is this: Is the Jungle Book show more entertaining than the Nemo Musical show?

If yes, it may be worth taking the time to see. If no, well, I don't think it could be possible to produce a show less entertaining and more stupid than Nemo, so don't waste your time.

Honestly, I find watching paint dry on a wall more entertaining then the Nemo show, so how bad can Jungle Book magic be in comparison?

The main question I have for those who have seen it is this: Is the Jungle Book show more entertaining than the Nemo Musical show?

If yes, it may be worth taking the time to see. If no, well, I don't think it could be possible to produce a show less entertaining and more stupid than Nemo, so don't waste your time.

Honestly, I find watching paint dry on a wall more entertaining then the Nemo show, so how bad can Jungle Book magic be in comparison?
Nemo is much better but Nemo isn't at all boring. It's incredibly entertaining.
If you find Nemo boring then I'd probably suggest not going to any show on property, at any park.

I don't know that Nemo is boring. My issues with it are how ridiculous and preposterous the storyline is. And also how terrible the music is.

I like Disney shows in general. Festival of the Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, various musical shows I've seen throughout the years. I really liked the Tarzan show that was on the same site as Nemo. I never flat out hated a Disney show in the parks...until I saw Nemo. The worst IMO, so if JB is better, it may be worth seeing. :)

Nemo is much better but Nemo isn't at all boring. It's incredibly entertaining.
If you find Nemo boring then I'd probably suggest not going to any show on property, at any park.

Nemo is the only show in all of WDW that I do not like. I find it incredibly boring. The songs are not good.

Agreed with not liking Nemo... I fell asleep. ^^;; I generally like all the other shows and may even tear up a little at some. Jungle Book wasn't very good IMO - the singers and dancers were all fine but there isn't any explanation for why they are singing and dancing with movie clips behind them. It just is. If I hadn't been blocked in I think we would have moved on to something else... I was adamant on seeing it since I had been looking forward to RoL but in hindsight I really wish we'd have gone over to HS for the Star Wars fireworks instead.

OK. I usually adore Disney musicals, but it sounds like my time could be better spent just wandering the park. If I go it'll be last minute and I'll sit somewhere I can easily get out of!

I don't know that Nemo is boring. My issues with it are how ridiculous and preposterous the storyline is. And also how terrible the music is.

I like Disney shows in general. Festival of the Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, various musical shows I've seen throughout the years. I really liked the Tarzan show that was on the same site as Nemo. I never flat out hated a Disney show in the parks...until I saw Nemo. The worst IMO, so if JB is better, it may be worth seeing. :)
I guess you haven't seen the movie Finding Nemo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter