June or August?

Kids for Disney

Earning My Ears
We have booked June 2-11, 2017, but I am thinking of changing our dates to August 11-20.

I have checked crowd calendars and they are all a little different. What is your experience? Would our dates in June or August be less busy?

Thanks for your help!

I haven't been in August, but we have been twice in about that time frame in June. I don't find it to be overly crowded, although the crowds definitely will be bigger towards the end of the trip. The benefit of June is that it is slightly less hot. I don't know where you are coming from, but that might factor into your decision as well.

We have to visit in August and the main issue is managing the heat and humidity.

How old are your children and is what is the weather like where you live? We're from the UK and so humidity isn't something we're used to.

We are from Ohio! We have been the first of July. It is hot, but my family does okay with the heat and humidity. My kids are 11, 13, 15, so they are a little older.

Given the choice, I'd love to do June but it's just not possible as it is still term time in the UK and OH is a teacher - I can take the children out of school but not him...
The humidity in August is such a killer. We never come away with any good family photos due to my frizzy "Florida" hair. Even US straighteners can't cope.

Mrs. Incredible, get some skinny serum. Helps tame the frizz. It's by Paul Mitchell, but the generic from Sally Beauty works for me.

I say August! June is incredibly busy and hot. Yes August is hot, but where you live will be hot too so your body doesn't feel it as much as they will in June.

We've been in June before and didn't mind the heat or crowds at that time... We are used to pretty ridiculous humidity, though. We're attempting July this year and I'm hoping it goes well! I understand not being able to go during other times - July is our only option as I am a teacher and our daughter has another family vacation to go on during the summer. I bet either time will be magical, but I lean a little more towards June. :)

June is typically not as hot or humid as August. Plus, your June dates not all kids are out on summer break yet. A lot of families go in August as an end of summer trip before school starts.

Early June, before most US schools let out will be less crowded and probably better weather. Plus Pandora will have just opened so it won't (fingers crossed) have a bunch of broken effects yet. I say stick with June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter