June 5, 2016 - Magic Goes to England, Ireland, Scotland and France

Hi Faith and Pete,
I think we have been on more than one cruise together. It will be great cruising with you again, too!
I was looking over the list again and i think I've come up with about 10 families/couples we have sailed with.
Thank you everyone for letting us join in the FE! Limited time means I don't get to get crafty so I think Im going to try to bring a bit of Arizona on board. But i have to be a bit careful with that too as I do not want anything to melt!
Starting to get excited, sometimes it doesn't seem real!

Rita - we've got enough FE gifts, too, so we've added your cabin to the list. I have two boys, ages almost 19 and almost 20. Do you think you DD will be interested in participating in the 18-20s activities that DCL will try to coordinate? This is our first time sailing on DCL since they aged out of the youth programs, so it will be a different experience for them.
HI! I was speaking with DD and she would be pleased to meet up with your boys.My son would probably hang with them too. The kids seem to be at that difficult age where they dont like to drink, they have out grown the clubs but still love the cruises.

Hi I am not on this sailing but will come to see the Magic when in Invergordon on the 8th
We live in Inverness and have been on the Magic twice
Say Hi to Bojan Server and Rohan Room Host if you come across them - they are great staff
Any questions please feel free to ask

Hi I am not on this sailing but will come to see the Magic when in Invergordon on the 8th
We live in Inverness and have been on the Magic twice
Say Hi to Bojan Server and Rohan Room Host if you come across them - they are great staff
Any questions please feel free to ask

That is awesome! This is our first time on the Magic.

We will have an hour and a half of free time in Inverness on our tour. Is there a place you would recommend to eat that is quick and child friendly? We will have a 5 and a VERY active 1 year old.

Thank you!

BadPink Tink- What would you suggest in Central Dublin as a place to eat that is quick? If the weather is cooperating, I would love to go to the grocery store and but some food and have a picnic at a park.
Thank you again for ALL your help!

BadPink Tink- What would you suggest in Central Dublin as a place to eat that is quick? If the weather is cooperating, I would love to go to the grocery store and but some food and have a picnic at a park.
Thank you again for ALL your help!

There is a grocery store on Grafton Street and a park at the top of Grafton Street. About half way up Grafton Street is a department store called Marks and Spencers. They have a food hall in the basement, when you go in the store ask the security or shop assistants for the food hall. When you exit the store, continue up the street, past The Disney Store and you will see the park.

There are plenty of eating places in Inverness ranging from McDonalds on the high Street near the Town House
There are plenty of nicer restaurants along the river that do lunch time menus if you want to sit down
The Mustard Seed http://mustardseedrestaurant.co.uk
The Kitchen http://www.kitchenrestaurant.co.uk
Riva http://www.rivarestaurant.co.uk
Cafe 1 http://www.cafe1.net/index/early-bird-menu
Alternatively
There is The Castle Street Restaurant popular with locals or Bella Pasta and Zizzis which are chains restaurants
https://www.zizzi.co.uk/lunchmenu
Or Tesco and Marks and Spencer have meal deals sandwich and a drink combo both are pretty central and if the weather is good you can sit along the river

And if you have time you could walk the Ness Islands
http://www.explore-inverness.com/what-to-do/outdoors/ness-island-walk/

Last edited:
I'm still new to the DisBoards scene. Is there a place/time on board for us to meet? Has anyone seen Navigator for TA or 1st Europe cruise (I think there is a 7 night before ours)? DS wonders about movie line-up for Buena Vista.

PS-- I'm reading a great book, "The Guernsey Literary Potato Peel Society." Haven't finished but it's a NYT bestseller about Guernsey post-WW2. Good stuff so far....

Trip is so close!!!

Last edited:
Just saw this now, regarding the tram from Dublin port to the citycentre
https://www.luas.ie/lcc-rlti-summer2016/

Luas Red Line stops from Abbey Street to The Point will be closed until the end of July.During this temporary closure Luas Red Line services are operating to / from Jervis stop and a replacement bus service is running.

The replacement bus service is running from Bachelor’s Walk close to Jervis Stop to Castleforbes Road close to The Point Stop and back from Mayor Street Upper close to The Point Stop to Crampton Quay close to Jervis Stop serving stops along the Quays. The bus stops are located a short walking distance from the closed Luas stops.

You don’t need a ticket for the replacement bus.

Just saw this now, regarding the tram from Dublin port to the citycentre
https://www.luas.ie/lcc-rlti-summer2016/

Luas Red Line stops from Abbey Street to The Point will be closed until the end of July.During this temporary closure Luas Red Line services are operating to / from Jervis stop and a replacement bus service is running.

The replacement bus service is running from Bachelor’s Walk close to Jervis Stop to Castleforbes Road close to The Point Stop and back from Mayor Street Upper close to The Point Stop to Crampton Quay close to Jervis Stop serving stops along the Quays. The bus stops are located a short walking distance from the closed Luas stops.

You don’t need a ticket for the replacement bus.

Hi BadPinkTink,
Thanks for all of your Dublin advice. My son and I are doing a short excursion (Zoological Museum and Book of Kells) till 12:00pm. We were going to stay in Dublin and have lunch and walk around on our own. Is the above mentioned tram the one you would recommend to get back to port? How easy is it to get a cab? Thanks for any help!
Casacoco

Hi BadPinkTink,
Thanks for all of your Dublin advice. My son and I are doing a short excursion (Zoological Museum and Book of Kells) till 12:00pm. We were going to stay in Dublin and have lunch and walk around on our own. Is the above mentioned tram the one you would recommend to get back to port? How easy is it to get a cab? Thanks for any help!
Casacoco

The tram would be the easiest way but you would need to check the link and familiarise yourself with the replacement bus route. Its about a 20 minute walk from the last tram stop to the ship. Im not sure how good your son is with walking. I have done the walk, its just a long road into the port area, its a busy road with lots of port traffic.

You might find it better to get a taxi back. Taxis are all over the place, they have a green stripe on the side of the car and have a taxi sign on the roof. You can hail one of these on the street and they will take you almost to the ship. It will be metered and Im not sure of the cost but depending on traffic and how far from the ship, it could be up to €20

The tram would be the easiest way but you would need to check the link and familiarise yourself with the replacement bus route. Its about a 20 minute walk from the last tram stop to the ship. Im not sure how good your son is with walking. I have done the walk, its just a long road into the port area, its a busy road with lots of port traffic.

You might find it better to get a taxi back. Taxis are all over the place, they have a green stripe on the side of the car and have a taxi sign on the roof. You can hail one of these on the street and they will take you almost to the ship. It will be metered and Im not sure of the cost but depending on traffic and how far from the ship, it could be up to €20

Thank you! A taxi it is:)

Hi Everyone,
Is anyone familiar with Peters Port? Are you going to do an excursion to one of the islands? if so, which one? stay in Peters Port?
Thanks for any insight.

Hi everyone - lots of questions in the last few days - and we don't have much longer until we sail!
A Meet and Greet is being organized for sailaway day but the location is still TBD - someone is getting DCL to designate a space for us to gather - many of us are on multiple sites with enough overlap that the more the merrier! I'll post (or someone will) when we get the exact location.

For those of you who live in the various port areas where we're going, I would love to have a chance to say Hey - if you plan to come near to see the ship or have a place in town where you might be to "meet and greet", please let us know! We're so appreciative of the local assistance in planning and would love a chance to say so in person! Maybe make a DIS Boards sign or if there's a spot you'll be and a time frame you'll be there, that would be cool.

Rita, yeah, my boys love DCL but have aged out of the youth programs so are a little nervous about what all there will be to do on sea days - but honestly they could sleep the day away and not miss out too much on sea days whereas before the sea days were so full of activity we never saw them. Also they might actually come back to the cabin early on the nights before we have to get up for an early excursion! But they are definitely planning to check out the 1820 group and I think they will come (or at least one of them will) to the Meet and Greet the first day. I'm so excited to be sailing with all adults - it's going to take me some transition to remember they aren't kids!

Casacoco, we plan to do a DCL excursion in the morning just to see the main area and then wing the afternoon in Guernsey. Although I do want to see a chocolate cow!

Oh, that reminds me, for the locals - I like to bring back treats for my workmates, candies, sweets, etc., from places I've been. My rule is that they need to be local/regional/known in the area - any suggestions for things from your area?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter