June 2022 Direct sales

The new tower will presumably have studios. And it may well have a grand villa. That's more than enough.
For you that’s more than enough.

Some buyers might be really attracted to the idea of being able to book a Bungalow at 11 months.

And some buyers might be really attracted to be able to book PVB or Poly Tower at 11 months.

For example, I definitely will buy Poly Tower if that allows me to book Poly Tower and PVB at 11 months. They are sure to be different experiences, and I think it would be so cool to be able to book either at 11 months.

To each their own.

Do you guys think the room mix at PVB2 will determine if it'll be same association or not if that info is available before the association announcement? Do you think a tower without studios will:
1. indicate same association?
2. sell well if separate association?
I can’t imagine building without studios. it would eliminate having any lock offs and they would have to build all dedicated 1 and 2 bedrooms,

Does not seem likely However, if there were no studios at all? Then I think they would have decided same association.

I do not think It would sell as well without them. IMO, the decision will be made strictly based on whether they want to keep the restrictions in place for the long game.

If they want to keep those in play, then it will be a new association. If they decide it’s a strategy to be ended, then there is really no reason to make it new,

I know there are some who think maybe they will go back to them after Poly tower, but I think that could backfire and people may simply not believe things won’t ever be restricted again from resale.

RIV is selling okay with restrictions. Poly tower has something RIV does not,,,being right there near MK.

That alone could make them less important to buyers. Now, the point on the bungalows. Being able to market them as part of the resort might come in play? Will they think that will drive sales so much it’s worth abandoning restrictions ? I don’t think so,

The bungalows can be discussed in the same light they discuss all the other options one can trade to by buying DVC. Now, they won’t be able to picture them in printed materials…that could be seen as deceptive,

So, it is going to come down to where this is headed I have shared..I will be shocked to see it the same association. But, if it is, then I think we have a really good chance to see them removed from RIV as well.

For you that’s more than enough.

Some buyers might be really attracted to the idea of being able to book a Bungalow at 11 months.

And some buyers might be really attracted to be able to book PVB or Poly Tower at 11 months.

For example, I definitely will buy Poly Tower if that allows me to book Poly Tower and PVB at 11 months. They are sure to be different experiences, and I think it would be so cool to be able to book either at 11 months.

To each their own.

And there are some of who don’t want that option, like me.

But, you are correct that they will have to decide which is better for their goals…restrictions to stay the course with direct vs resale differences, or having PvB as part of the marketing.

Do you guys think the room mix at PVB2 will determine if it'll be same association or not if that info is available before the association announcement? Do you think a tower without studios will:
1. indicate same association?
2. sell well if separate association?
I don't believe the mix of room types in the Tower or the current association will make a difference in the decision as to whether the Tower will become part of PVB1 or a new, stand-alone association. I tend to think that decision has already been made (new association) but they are buying time to make the announcement in case they change course.

I also think the Tower will have studios and a healthy mix of accommodations, and it will sell very well.

Yikes... direct promos went way down... I mean, previous promos were pretty good, but still.... will be so interesting to see what happens with July/Aug sales.

What's the difference between the promos, I just got the email but haven't had a chance to do all the math.n

If I’m reading the point add on tool correctly 300 points at VGF is now 191/ point versus 172/point at RIV for existing owners. I don’t recall it being that large of a spread before, but maybe I’m wrong. Seems like a substantial price difference.

Last edited:
The number of such buyers--those who would be swayed by the presence of a bungalow but not by a grand villa--is marginal. At best.

In exchange for attracting that set of buyers, DVD would be further deferring the time at which they no longer have to sell unrestricted WDW contracts.

I don't see it. It's not impossible but it sure seems unlikely.

As a non-PVB owner potentially interested in adding Poly Tower points, I would rather they not be in the same association. I have no interest in the bungalows, they're too point heavy for not being a grand villa and you have to deal with the noise and lack of privacy from the ferries running all day. I would assume the point charts for Poly Tower will already be on par with something like RIV and would not want them trying to reallocate bungalow points by making the new rooms higher cost. Plus, PVB studios are easily bookable at the 7 month mark for the times of the year that I travel.
I think Poly tower point charts will be the highest point charts to date. They will definitely be higher than Riviera because of the location. I believe they will be higher than current Grand Floridian. This will be new construction, and have fantastic views.

I think Poly tower point charts will be the highest point charts to date. They will definitely be higher than Riviera because of the location. I believe they will be higher than current Grand Floridian. This will be new construction, and have fantastic views.
Do you think it’ll have a smaller % of standard view rooms than VGF?

Do you think it’ll have a smaller % of standard view rooms than VGF?
Yes, I think there will be fewer standard view rooms. It’s possible they will have 2-person studios. I also think the deluxe studios will be smaller than in the longhouses and the points for those deluxe studios will be at least as much as current poly and likely higher.

Don't disgaree with you there. I was suggesting that if Poly Tower and PVB are in the same association, DVC may want to try and reallocate points to lower the bungalows and make those already high point rooms even higher in the future.

Don't disgaree with you there. I was suggesting that if Poly Tower and PVB are in the same association, DVC may want to try and reallocate points to lower the bungalows and make those already high point rooms even higher in the future.
Could be! Hopefully not 🙂

The jury is out on whether why can legally do that. Some read the rules that the shifts must stay point neutral by each unit type and not resort.

My research seems to only point to what is required for sale. But that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t apply. I am just not sure.

DVC has reallocated across the resort at SSR with treehouses and creating SV and PV sections so they obviously believe it was within the rules. However , it’s never been challenged.

People are more in tune to what DVC does now so that level of change could see owners fight it.

But, I don’t think the decision will be to shift points. DVD does things for pretty much one reason…sales..and making people want to buy direct and buy resale.

It’s why they have done what they have done with membership perks and restrictions.

The jury is out on whether why can legally do that. Some read the rules that the shifts must stay point neutral by each unit type and not resort.

My research seems to only point to what is required for sale. But that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t apply. I am just not sure.

DVC has reallocated across the resort at SSR with treehouses and creating SV and PV sections so they obviously believe it was within the rules. However , it’s never been challenged.

People are more in tune to what DVC does now so that level of change could see owners fight it.

But, I don’t think the decision will be to shift points. DVD does things for pretty much one reason…sales..and making people want to buy direct and buy resale.

It’s why they have done what they have done with membership perks and restrictions.
Yea, I was basing my assumption on what was done with the treehouses. But you're right, probably thinking too far ahead here. DVC is focused on sales, I'm sure they're in no rush to reallocate bungalows anyway as I'm assuming they're making money renting those out as cash stays all while owners pay to maintain them. Not a bad deal for them!

Interesting that Disney is decreasing incentives at the same time that direct sales are softening. They must be really confident in their product heading into a recession.

This way they can change it back to what it was before (or even better) and it'll look like a even better deal. Recession is here but might get uglier in the fall.

Yes, I think there will be fewer standard view rooms. It’s possible they will have 2-person studios. I also think the deluxe studios will be smaller than in the longhouses and the points for those deluxe studios will be at least as much as current poly and likely higher.
I agree with your assessment- the tower studio was a success at RR so they will continue it. I predict the new towers will be a very similar layout and room offerings as RR just new colors and art to call it themed. There is economy in repeating the same design with a themed shell.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter