• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 2017 Disneyland Check In!!!

Our goal is always to carry into a park as little as we possibly can. Usually that is a small cross-body purse/bag for me, DS18 has a waist pack and DH carries a small "net" drawstring bag (Its designed as a "backpack" style, but he usually just slings it over a shoulder) with a couple bottles of water. Once we have drunk the water, it gets stuffed into either my or DS18's bag. That is it - if it doesn't fit in there, it doesn't go to the park!

I always wonder what on earth people need that requires every member of their party to wear a backpack! (This is WDW - I have no idea if it is as prevalent at DLR) Doesn't it just tire everyone out to be hauling all that around?

Personally, I just with the people with backpacks would be aware of their surroundings and that their "back" sticks out a foot or more behind them. I can't count the number of times I've been hit with heavy backpacks as people swing around in line (or the pre-show holding areas, or on busses!) to look at something or talk to someone! :eek:

I also wonder what people are bringing when they have multiple large backpacks. We have a small backpack that we put in the stroller. It has diapers, wipes, an extra outfit, sunscreen. I wear a Disneyland fanny pack with my phone, camera, and small items like chapstick and medication. We put water bottles in the stroller. Before our son, if we brought a backpack it would just have sunscreen or extra socks if it was going to be rainy. We'd put it in a locker though.

We have a trip June 18-22. It will be myself and my boyfriend, each of my kids (DS27, DD24, and DS19) and a plus 1 for each kid. 8 of us in a 2BR at VGC, so somewhat crowded.

• Joining! Travelling the last week of June.
any feedback on what is the impact of maxpass to normal availability? I understand here isn't wifi in the parks, not great for international travelers without data roaming

• Joining! Travelling the last week of June.
any feedback on what is the impact of maxpass to normal availability? I understand here isn't wifi in the parks, not great for international travelers without data roaming

So far nothing but assumptions. :) The thread below has probably the most information (and speculation, complaints, etc). I expect either that will resurface when there's new information or a new thread will spin up.

Disneyland to introduce MaxPass (New Fastpass & New Fastpass Attractions) - Now with Poll

Another source I found for MaxPass is a site called Disneyland Daily (.com). On that site, look for a page called, "A FASTPASS Guide for Disneyland and California Adventure + MaxPass Coming Soon." She's been keeping the latest information on MaxPass in her MaxPass section, on that page (the latest being the FP machines going up in front of Toy Story Mania). Apparently she's in the parks pretty regularly and promises updates when it is implemented.

Like I said earlier, though, I think if you're watching the boards, MaxPass going live or announced info will likely be easy to spot. The link I posted earlier blew up in a matter of hours, after the initial announcement was made.

Took a small planning break to plan a mini trip to WDW. They announced that "Wishes" will be replaced soon, and it about broke my heart into thousands of pieces. My husband and I were married and the Grand Floridian, and watched the fireworks right after on the Grand 1 yacht. It seems every important thing that's happened in my life, that fireworks show soon followed it. :love: So, I HAD to get down there pretty quickly and watch it one last time. :sad: Looks like we will be driving there on Thursday. Anyway, kind of works out, because I was able to get a reservation at BOG for this weekend, and can grab the elusive cup thats been hard to get. LOL.

Disneyland Trip: I booked the room last August, booked flights the morning Southwest released them (and good thing because its been nearly double ever since,) reserved the rental car with Enterprise! Was able to use a coupon code for that, since hubby is attending E3 while there. Purchased our Disneyland Tix from lmtc. About the only thing I'm slacking on, is food. I'm usually very specific, and have choices narrowed down and picked for each day. Just haven't gotten around to that yet. Crazy enough. Guess I'll be laying in bed doing that tonight, LOL!

I will be taking my first trip to Disneyland this June before we head off to Aulani for a week. We will be in Disneyland from June 12th-June 16th staying at VGC in a 2 bedroom villa. I noticed it says the 14th is a " grad night" does that mean the parks will close earlier for those not grads or just that it will be way more busy than usual? Thanks!

Took a small planning break to plan a mini trip to WDW. They announced that "Wishes" will be replaced soon, and it about broke my heart.
/
Do they have fireworks during the week at WDW? Headed there a week from tomorrow. I don't spend as much time planning for Florida, I have family that booked all of the fast passes. -I thought wishes was the fireworks show that just came back to Disneyland in February. If so, I saw it in the rain and it was great! I hope you enjoy your trip down memory lane

So excited staying at the HI express on Manchester June 25-30. 1st trip to DLR! Thinking 4 day hopper passes but maybe 5 day arriving around noon on the the 25th but considering just Downtown Disney for the 25th. Flying into and out of SNA thinking of using Lanskys but uber maybe much cheaper? Anyone with experience with either?

Do they have fireworks during the week at WDW?

Yes. All of the parks are well away from regular "civilization" so fireworks run every night. I'm sure there are some extenuating circumstances someone can reference where they were cancelled, but I've never seen them cancelled either.

Do they have fireworks during the week at WDW? Headed there a week from tomorrow. I don't spend as much time planning for Florida, I have family that booked all of the fast passes. -I thought wishes was the fireworks show that just came back to Disneyland in February. If so, I saw it in the rain and it was great! I hope you enjoy your trip down memory lane

Yes, every night unless there's a special event. There will be a new fireworks show coming to replace Wishes. I think "Remember Dreams Come True" is the name of the show that came back to DL in Feb 2017. Wishes is good but I am looking forward to the change. I like the special event fireworks and am looking forward to "Happily Ever After" (I think that's what it's called )

So excited staying at the HI express on Manchester June 25-30. 1st trip to DLR! Thinking 4 day hopper passes but maybe 5 day arriving around noon on the the 25th but considering just Downtown Disney for the 25th. Flying into and out of SNA thinking of using Lanskys but uber maybe much cheaper? Anyone with experience with either?

I've never used Lansky but I think they're around $100 for roundtrip transportation to SNA our UBERs were ~$18 each way and thus WAY cheaper than taking a car service. HTH

I will be taking my first trip to Disneyland this June before we head off to Aulani for a week. We will be in Disneyland from June 12th-June 16th staying at VGC in a 2 bedroom villa. I noticed it says the 14th is a " grad night" does that mean the parks will close earlier for those not grads or just that it will be way more busy than usual? Thanks!

The parks do not close early for Grad Nights. The grads get a one day park hopper and arrive as a school anytime throughout the day. Then at 10PM when DCA closes to the public they host a party just for the grads. At that time many guests will hop over to DL. DL tends to be more crowded on those days as the Grads might choose to spend the earlier part of their day there since they get the night at DCA.

I am thinking of using Lanskys. DLPrepSchool recommends them and I have found so much good info there so I figure this will be a good option. More expensive than Uber but less expensive than missing a flight.

I am thinking of using Lanskys. DLPrepSchool recommends them and I have found so much good info there so I figure this will be a good option. More expensive than Uber but less expensive than missing a flight.
Used Lansky on my last trip. They were excellent. Our next trip, we're going sans kids, so we're just doing Lyft since it's so much cheaper. But with kids, I'd go for Lansky again in a heartbeat.

We had flight issues, and had to change our flight home from SNA to LAX, called and asked if he could change us and I'd pay the difference, he told me $20 would work, but it was very easy.

Good Evening! We are heading out to Disneyland from 6/1-6/7! Part time staying at the La Quinta Suites and half the trip at Disneyland Hotel! This is our first time at a Disneyland property Hotel!

I am getting a little nervous about Grad Nights!Does anyone have experience with them? I also was wondering how the crowds look early June?

Good Evening! We are heading out to Disneyland from 6/1-6/7! Part time staying at the La Quinta Suites and half the trip at Disneyland Hotel! This is our first time at a Disneyland property Hotel!

I am getting a little nervous about Grad Nights!Does anyone have experience with them? I also was wondering how the crowds look early June?

Crowds in early June are hard to gauge. On the one hand most vacationers are still in school. On the other hand some CA schools are out and many local schools have end of the year events at the parks (not just grad nights). In general I would say it is less busy than the same day of the week in July, but much more busy than the first week of May. Grad Nights are not horrible. They just mean lots of teenagers, and other school groups, in the parks. Many of the teens will hang out at DIsneyland during the day since the party is in DCA at night. So you may want to plan your days so that you are spending most of the day at DCA on a grad party night. That's not always possible though. Keep in mind most high schools will not arrive at park opening, so you'll still have that advantage if you can get there for rope drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter