• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June 2017 Discounts

Hi - I didn't know the yacht club was scheduling a closure - we have a room booked there the end of June - do you know when? Thank you!

According to WDWinfo they should be wrapping up June 23. SO if you are there that week it really should be done. They are redoing the rooms. The convention construction begins in August. I believe Captain's grill is closed until the fall though.

I thought we had the discounts this morning.........the MDE went into STITCH MODE!:-) for about 45 mins. But alas...........nothing.:oops:

I feel like a detective from the 60's working a stakeout :P

Doug :goofy:

Ha!! I did,the same thing here. Used four different devices to be sure. Was just convinced they were out and I couldn't get the page to load!

One long stakeout this past week.

Joining in on the June code watch!! Really hoping for a code to make my June 15-17 Poly stay hurt a bit less!
If the price is right for July or August, would love to book 4 or 5 nights at Beach or Yacht Club too!

Where are the discounts? Weren't they out around March 14 last year?
In 2016 the summer discount was released on March 22nd for Disney Visa Card holders, and on March 23rd for the general public. I've used that discount for the past 5 years. Good luck, keep watching....

In 2016 the summer discount was released on March 22nd for Disney Visa Card holders, and on March 23rd for the general public. I've used that discount for the past 5 years. Good luck, keep watching....

I should know this, but don't think I actually do....How will I know when the discount is released for Disney Visa holders? Besides following this thread, which I clearly am daily! Although, since I would love to combine the Disney discount with an Orbitz code, I may have to wait for the general release anyway.

I am thinking March 30 th may be the day. I think they may want

Yes and the AP codes were released end of Feb. Looks like last year was an anomaly. We are most likely looking at end of March for AP codes and April for the others. I hope I am wrong and they are all any day now but I just don't think that is the case.

I should know this, but don't think I actually do....How will I know when the discount is released for Disney Visa holders? Besides following this thread, which I clearly am daily! Although, since I would love to combine the Disney discount with an Orbitz code, I may have to wait for the general release anyway.
Besides stalking this thread, you wont know until it comes out. Check the WDW page every morning also. But here you will know when its coming, the Disney Visa Card holders will post it when they get the offer. Then typically, the following day its available to the public. At least its been that way for the past several years. Calling Disney is usles, I've tried that.

Last edited:
Besides stalking this thread, you wont know until it comes out. Check the WDW page every morning also. But here you will know when its coming, the Disney Visa Card holders will post it when they get the offer. Then typically, the following day its available to the public. At least its been that way for the past several years. Calling Disney is usles, I've tried that.

you can also try the Disney Rewards website: https://disneyrewards.com/ They can sometimes post these discounts under the "limited time offers" section.

They did not do any disney visa discounts for the late spring/early summer...just fyi. Obviously we have no idea what they will do for late summer.

Question lovely June watchers: I have never done a discount booking before but have been waiting along since fall...when the discount does finally come, when I call reservations how do you usually approach applying the discount? I already have the reservation at Pop, do I say I'd like to apply the discount first OR should I call saying I am trying to book a new reservation WITH the discount first?

Question lovely June watchers: I have never done a discount booking before but have been waiting along since fall...when the discount does finally come, when I call reservations how do you usually approach applying the discount? I already have the reservation at Pop, do I say I'd like to apply the discount first OR should I call saying I am trying to book a new reservation WITH the discount first?
Exactly, just ask to have the summer offer applied to your reservation. In some cases you may have to change your room category because that's how the offer is structured. But it's that simple.

According to WDWinfo they should be wrapping up June 23. SO if you are there that week it really should be done. They are redoing the rooms. The convention construction begins in August. I believe Captain's grill is closed until the fall though.
Thank you!

They did not do any disney visa discounts for the late spring/early summer...just fyi. Obviously we have no idea what they will do for late summer.

I got an incredible discount at the GF
July 10-14 2016. I'd consider that pretty early summer. Maybe not though??

Really hoping for more of the same this year...released ASAP!

I got an incredible discount at the GF
July 10-14 2016. I'd consider that pretty early summer. Maybe not though??

Really hoping for more of the same this year...released ASAP!
I'm talking this year. The discounts released this year up to June 10 did not include a Disney visa discount (2016 did have one) and the general public one was less than last year. Only the AP one was very good this year for late spring.

And yes, July is probably early spring generally speaking but Disney terms summer season starting around Memorial Day, I think. Sorry if that was confusing.

I'm talking this year. The discounts released this year up to June 10 did not include a Disney visa discount (2016 did have one) and the general public one was less than last year. Only the AP one was very good this year for late spring.

And yes, July is probably early spring generally speaking but Disney terms summer season starting around Memorial Day, I think. Sorry if that was confusing.

Ohhhh, now I gotcha :) Ugh still hoping that was an anomaly and the summer 2017 discounts are released to Disney Visa cardholders before the general public!

With the pandora fast passes opening tomorrow and Pandora summer EMH for onsite guests, i bet they drag their feet a bit with a discount and see if this fills rooms up. I hope I am wrong but...............

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter