June 2017 Discounts

TA just released exclusive rates - if I switch from CSR to POR or POFQ I'll save $480....now I just have to decide which one! I'm thinking POFQ will be best for my family - I like the idea of a smaller resort - and we've never stayed there before.
I do not think POFQ is included if it is the same TA I have.

Last year, discounts were released Dec 27th for early June, but about 3 months later for later June. For 2017, we rented points so we just switched to a studio at WL today for 8 nights 6/3-6/11/2017. I bought tickets from Parksavers in July (7 day hoppers), and we are skipping the dining plan this year, but I will put what the dining plan would have cost onto a Disney gift card, so we will still book a TS a day.

Crossing fingers for a room discount mid- June!! Made a ressie already, now we wait....

Crossing fingers for a room discount mid- June!! Made a ressie already, now we wait....
Historically speaking, those discounts are released around March (I think the end of but it could be mid). I think the ones released at the end of Dec usually go through 6/10ish.

Once a discount is released, what time can you start calling or making reservations on the Internet? 7am? Or earlier/later? Thanks much.

Once a discount is released, what time can you start calling or making reservations on the Internet? 7am? Or earlier/later? Thanks much.

Depends on when it hits the website. During the free dining watch last april, I booked at around 5:30 am Eastern. There was a free dining discount and a room discount and both were released at the same time. Even if you miss the initial day/time it does seem to stabilize after a few days, once some TA holds expire and people cancel bookings they don't want.

waiting to discounts too. I waited and successfully booked (the first day) under the Winter Discount. Now I have changed dates because I got cold feet about getting to FL and back for a short trip after HS exams and in January with possible winter weather... Sigh... Changed to summer. Good news is that I added 3 days and we won't have to rush. Bad news is now we have to wait until June :( and I need another good rate.
Hoping we hear soon.

waiting to discounts too. I waited and successfully booked (the first day) under the Winter Discount. Now I have changed dates because I got cold feet about getting to FL and back for a short trip after HS exams and in January with possible winter weather... Sigh... Changed to summer. Good news is that I added 3 days and we won't have to rush. Bad news is now we have to wait until June :( and I need another good rate.
Hoping we hear soon.

I am like you. I originally planned to go in early January but decided to change to summer as well to avoid possible issues with traveling in winter weather. I agree the plus side is that in the summer, I can extend my trip and also the parks have extended hours.

We go next week and I'm hoping to book a bounce back for June! 20% off POFQ would be awesome as it is always excluded from regular discounts!

I am like you. I originally planned to go in early January but decided to change to summer as well to avoid possible issues with traveling in winter weather. I agree the plus side is that in the summer, I can extend my trip and also the parks have extended hours.
What a coincidence! yesterday I could make my ADRs for my trip. I will say that availability was less than booking for January, especially for Pre Park Adrs. :guilty: I was looking forward to those January (non) crowds, but the extra days should make up for it.
We will go back to our normal summer plan of RD every day and then fleeing from the crowds by 1:00

My DD & I are planning a graduation trip for her June 3-10 looking at MODs but if a discount puts us in a DELUXE for about what MOD full price I will jump. Thought about renting points again but I do not have my flights booked so I want to keep it flexible for booking those.
I have Disney Visa & Annual pass so I am hoping something comes out for one of those.

My DD & I are planning a graduation trip for her June 3-10 looking at MODs but if a discount puts us in a DELUXE for about what MOD full price I will jump. Thought about renting points again but I do not have my flights booked so I want to keep it flexible for booking those.
I have Disney Visa & Annual pass so I am hoping something comes out for one of those.

Ours is a graduation celebration too

Does anyone know when annual pass RO rates might be released? Planning on buying Premier (DL & WDW) passes at Christmas but only coming to Florida in June, so since I don't have AP yet I can't check AP rates.

I don't want to violate DIS rules, but I am wondering if Agency exclusive deals are no longer a thing. The TA I used last year deleted their agency exclusive deals recently. Wondering if Disney no longer allows travel agencies to block off groups of rooms like they used to.

Last edited:
't want to violate DIS rules, but I am wondering if Agency exclusive deals are no longer a thing. The TA I used last year deleted their agency exclusive deals recently. Wondering if Disney no longer allows travel agencies to block off groups of rooms like they used to.

I got an agency exclusive through the TA I used for this trip.

I don't want to violate DIS rules, but I am wondering if Agency exclusive deals are no longer a thing. The TA I used last year deleted their agency exclusive deals recently. Wondering if Disney no longer allows travel agencies to block off groups of rooms like they used to.
I just booked one 2 weeks ago for August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter