June 2013 pin code watch !

We had no reservations, nor had I been online plugging in trips on their website.

I've seen some posts that state the pin wasn't that much less than the summer discount, but pricing it out for deluxe, it was a lot less. The email gave no details, just click the link and start booking to see your savings. It was also good for room only or packages.

My MIL got a pin, and she's going with us when we go in June. Our TA said it wasn't a set discount, but moderates were at least $250 less and deluxe I think were at least $350 less (than rack rate I'm assuming) on a four-night or more package. So our trip from June 20-26 with 2 rooms at POR riverside now is $760 less than rack rate. The pin was about $350-400 cheaper than the summer promo. My MIL actually had 2 standing reservations when she got the pin, one for June and another for the fall some time. So don't give up hope!!

My MIL got a pin, and she's going with us when we go in June. Our TA said it wasn't a set discount, but moderates were at least $250 less and deluxe I think were at least $350 less (than rack rate I'm assuming) on a four-night or more package. So our trip from June 20-26 with 2 rooms at POR riverside now is $760 less than rack rate. The pin was about $350-400 cheaper than the summer promo. My MIL actually had 2 standing reservations when she got the pin, one for June and another for the fall some time. So don't give up hope!!

Good to know!:thumbsup2

I can't believe they haven't released any pins.

When I called a few days ago to make resort and date changes I asked about free dining pins. The CM said she hadn't heard anything and hadn't seen any herself :sad: Still so anxious about staying at POR for the first time!

We went ahead and changed to a Lion King room and it saved us almost $500. We would have preferred Nemo but then again $500 is a lot when you are spending so much on a trip. I called and they said they rarely discount Nemo rooms because they are the first rooms to book. We decided that our resort room is not what we are really going for and someone else told me the Nemo rooms by the pool are loud with commotion so maybe this will be better (I will tell myself that at least).

Well we got no pin code and couldn't get the GP summer offer due to lack of Nemo rooms :( here's to wishing the next 70 days brings us something good :)

I still can't figure out if it's better to upgrade to deluxe hotel for the 30% discount we are at music as of now or if free dinning comes out take that but we would pay the difference and do the one table one counter one snack since free I read is usually qs we are first timers staying sept21-27 just trying to be ready to make that call lol.

I still can't figure out if it's better to upgrade to deluxe hotel for the 30% discount we are at music as of now or if free dinning comes out take that but we would pay the difference and do the one table one counter one snack since free I read is usually qs we are first timers staying sept21-27 just trying to be ready to make that call lol.

Often the percentage discount is better than the free dining deal when staying deluxe since you're paying rack rate for the room. You're not going to spend less at a deluxe than at a value if that's what you're getting at though.

Okay I need advice from you who have been before. We are currently booked for Art of Animation in June. Thinking about moving our dates so we can get the current promotion, but Fort Wilderness is cheaper. We are a family of 6 (2 adults, kids ages 14, 11, 7, 6). Fort Wilderness looks nice and I like the full size kitchen but is it really isolated from Disney?

If we change our dates and go with Fort Wilderness we save $700.

You may alredy have found your answer but... No Fort Wilderness is not isolated from Disney. As far as MAgic Kingdom is concerned it is closer than any of the value resorts. Its like you are inside the Magic Kingdom area even more so. You can see the fire works from MK down on the beach and watch the night parade on the water. pixiedust:

What we like about Fort Wilderness is the layed back atmosphere :beach: once you are out of the theme parks. We also enjoy taking the boat over to Magic Kingdom instead of the bus. What some people don't like is taking the internal bus(Fort has bus that runs inside the fort to get you from place to place inside the campground because it is a big campground) to the Marina, then they have to catch a the boat to MK for example, Or to catch a bus to the front of the campground to catch another bus to Hollywood studios for example. We usually camp close to marina to walk to the boat launch and drive our vehicle down to the parking at the front of the campground to catch other bus or just drive :drive: to the theme park. Some rent or bring a golf cart, or bring bikes to get around the Fort!

Fort Wilderness perks is that you have your own outdoor space, the pools have water slides, you have grills, ability to have full kithchen (depending on your camper or renting the cabins), lots of outdoor activities , fishing, biking, boating, play grounds, roasting marshmallows at outdoor movies with chipmunks attending/singing show on outdoor stage. :cool1:

On the other hand...I have stayed at Pop Century(not AOA) and we loved over there too. Even though I missed not having my full kithcen, It was a nice break, not having to cook, clean up, wash towels :laundy:! LOL! The resort made us feel like we were still in Disney but we were actually further from Mk than when we stayed at the Fort!

I guess I just like it all and thats what makes it so hard for me to decide sometimes! LOL! I've never had a bad Disney Vacation no matter if I've ended up at a Disney hotel or took our camper to Fort Wilderness! :cheer2:

We're 33 days out, how soon should we expect our Mickey Mail?! So anxious I ca hardly stand it!:banana:

We are 25 days out. None of my kids have ever been to Disney. Hubby and I went on our honey 19 years ago. We haven't told the kids yet. We have a plan for this Saturday to surprise them with it. I can hardly contain myself! We haven't told anyone locally. Our families know but live 1000 miles away. I can't wait to be able to tell people. We booked last July so this is a very long kept secret!:cheer2:

We're 33 days out, how soon should we expect our Mickey Mail?! So anxious I ca hardly stand it!:banana:

When are you going? What do you get in your mickey mail?

We leave June 23, one month from today!!! We got a booklet with all of our itinerary details, vouchers/coupons for all the stuff included in the magic your way package, vouchers for magical express, cute Mickey luggage tags, and our magical express yellow luggage tags.

If I saw correctly you leave the day after us so you should get yours ANY DAY NOW!

We are 25 days out. None of my kids have ever been to Disney. Hubby and I went on our honey 19 years ago. We haven't told the kids yet. We have a plan for this Saturday to surprise them with it. I can hardly contain myself! We haven't told anyone locally. Our families know but live 1000 miles away. I can't wait to be able to tell people. We booked last July so this is a very long kept secret!:cheer2:

We've (well my hubby has, but not in 18 years) never been to Disney - it's DH30, me, and DD12. She has NO CLUE that we are going and we aren't telling her until we are on our way to the airport or at the airport. We haven't quite decided that yet. Our families know and they know to keep their traps shut! :rotfl:

We leave June 23, one month from today!!! We got a booklet with all of our itinerary details, vouchers/coupons for all the stuff included in the magic your way package, vouchers for magical express, cute Mickey luggage tags, and our magical express yellow luggage tags.

If I saw correctly you leave the day after us so you should get yours ANY DAY NOW!

QUOTE]

Yes! We leave the 24th!! Thanks! I'm anxious to get it!! Just ordered PP+ yesterday so I'm excited to get that too! It's finally coming together! :cool1: Where are you staying?

QUOTE]

Yes! We leave the 24th!! Thanks! I'm anxious to get it!! Just ordered PP+ yesterday so I'm excited to get that too! It's finally coming together! :cool1: Where are you staying?

We are staying at POR - how about you?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter