June 2012 Car Rental Discounts/Codes

For those who already have a reservation, check the rates again. Mine went down significantly from what I'd looked at 6 months ago. Our trip is 23 June - 8 July, and I was able to snag a total price of $337.98 for a full-sized car for those 15 days. ($110 a week + $15 for the extra day.) Even while I was online checking prices, last night, I saw it drop another $20 a week. (I had to start over again because I'd put the wrong pick-up time. I wanted the car an hour earlier than I'd originally put in the search. I don't think it should have been the search itself changing the price, because I was wanting to have the car even longer. In the 15-20 minutes between that first search and the second search, the quote for 3 of the car companies had dropped. The lowest offers went from $129 to $110 per week.) I think it was Dollar, Thrify, and Enterprise that were at that price point. I went with Dollar.

We're doing a split stay, with most of the trip at Wilderness Lodge and a few days at Vero Beach. I was actually only going to book a car for the Vero portion and rely on Disney transportation for the rest. There was only about $100 difference between the two prices, though. (4 days with a WDW pick-up and return vs. 15 days with an airport pick-up and return.) That was too good to pass up so I booked the car for the whole 15 days. :cool1:

We are going the same days and have a rate of $202 all in for a full size at Budget. Go to costco.com and book there! Rates are still the same as of 1 hr ago!

We are going the same days and have a rate of $202 all in for a full size at Budget. Go to costco.com and book there! Rates are still the same as of 1 hr ago!

Thank you just saved $50 from my Alamo rental with Budget/Costco 6/19 - 7/9 Full size $255 incl tax $154.20 before the tax. I like Alamo since you can pick your car and use the kiosk but I signed up for Budget Fast break and you skip the regular line. For $50 savings I'll skip picking out my car. Anyone know what Budget has for full size, they say Impala on their website. Anyone use fastbreak? Tks again!

Costco looks like a great deal. I'm no longer a member, but I saw a rate for my minivan that was $50 less than what I booked through Hotwire, but it only lasted a day or so. I'm still bummed I missed it since I would have gotten a free membership to cover me for the time, but oh well. Can't get every deal every time.

I have been checking Budget rates on minivans since I already have one booked for 6/21-6/30 and for the past few days they aren't even showing any minivans available to rent (their rate last week was $724!). Does this mean I could show up and there won't be any minivans? Do they oversell like airlines do? We don't arrive til 3:00pm.

I have been checking Budget rates on minivans since I already have one booked for 6/21-6/30 and for the past few days they aren't even showing any minivans available to rent (their rate last week was $724!). Does this mean I could show up and there won't be any minivans? Do they oversell like airlines do? We don't arrive til 3:00pm.
If you have a reservation, you should get a minivan.

A big agency like those in Orlando moves a lot of cars in a day.
There's always a chance there won't be a minivan when you arrive, but they will usually get one within an half hour or so as people are constantly returning vehicles. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but it's the nature of the business. I've had it happen many times. I always get the vehicle I want, they just don't always have it available immediately.

A big agency like those in Orlando moves a lot of cars in a day.
There's always a chance there won't be a minivan when you arrive, but they will usually get one within an half hour or so as people are constantly returning vehicles. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but it's the nature of the business. I've had it happen many times. I always get the vehicle I want, they just don't always have it available immediately.

TRUE when we arrived this past Feb there were no cars in the lot!!!! NOTHING. The lot was bare. We had to go over to National to get our car. So even though Alamo doesn't have a van doesn't mean you cant get one from National.

We ended up going with Alamo instead of Enterprise because of the self service kiosk which I thought would simplify things. But, it turned out that no one was at the counter when we arrived so we didn't use it. We had a full size car reserved for $132. When we went out to the garage to choose the car, there was a full size SUV in the full size car row. We asked to be sure that it was ok to take it and they said sure! It was great. What a deal. When I looked at the prices of the SUV rentals I couldn't believe how much more it would have cost to reserve one!! We pre-paid the gas which made it easy when it was time to return it.

So, make sure you walk the whole way down the aisle to see what is available, you might get a free upgrade too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter