June 15 - June 22 2013 Eastern Fantasy

Hi everyone! My family and I will be joining you on this trip--we can't wait!! We are new to the discussion board and wanted to join so my 13 yr old daughter -tinkSA5, can meet some kids her age to hang out with in Edge. This is our 4th Disney cruise (first time on the Fantasy and first 7 nighter) and she really wants to experience the kids activities this time. I know she will really appreciate hearing from other kids that will be on board. Looking forward to meeting you on the ship!:yay:

I just started a thread on the Teen Disney forum for our cruise for anyone who wants to chat!!:-)

To Neriberi and all you gamers out there, DH says he's not really interested in playing Settlers of Catan while onboard, but would enjoy a game of Letters from Whitechapel, if anyone's familiar with that one...

Never played that one before, but we're always open to new games. It looks pretty intense. We got into the habit of bringing Settlers and Puerto Rico with us on vacation because we're not really night scene people and our little one doesn't like staying in the kids clubs, so we play after she falls asleep. We might set it up on one of the days at sea, if anyone's interested.

I just started a thread on the Teen Disney forum for our cruise for anyone who wants to chat!!:-)

Hi Olive! I'm Alyssa, nice to meet you!:cool1: I'm 14, so I'm going to be at the Vibe, but I read online that 14 yr olds can still go to Edge, so we can still hang out on the ship! Anyway, I'd love to chat, but can you post the link? I can't seem to find the forum. :sad2:

Welcome new cruisers!

GBBTomorrow, my daughter's roommate when she was an intern at Disney was a vet tech intern at Animal Kingdom. I am not sure if this gives my daughter any extra insight into how to be one of the animal show people at AK, but if nothing else my DD will have a bit of info on AK.

Interestingly enough, when my DD was 12 and we were at AK, she started talking to a woman that was holding a tarantula at the front gate. My DD learned that she was an Entomologist at Disney, which was surprising to my DD because she thought only males liked insects and arachnids as much as she did!

From talking to this woman, my DD learned about the Disney college program, and set her sights to become a part of it once in college. In fact, when we were visiting colleges and talking to professors in the Entomology departments, one of the things she wanted to know was if they were involved with the Disney college program! When one of the professors mentioned his close ties to a department head at the Internship program, well that sealed it, my DD chose that college!

The department head was actually someone my DD spoke to a couple years before, during another trip to Disney, when she decided she had to further investigate what all this "Entomology at Disney" was about. She took the coincidences as a sign from God, and off she went to her chosen college, and then to Disney. She thrived, and loved it, and is considering going back once in graduate school. With the right personality, it is a wonderful experience, and looks great for future employers!

Neriberi, my family is not into the Settlers of Catan, but it does look interesting! Hopefully you find someone like-minded to discuss it with! We are more Hobbit/LOTR fans, and I plan on finding Bobbi James to discuss the pleasing-ness (yes, I made up a word!) of certain dwarves, elves and men, oh and the books too, yes, the books too. ;)

Nine more weeks? Yippee!

We can't wait to meet your daughter. Promise me if we bug her too much you'll tell us to shove off! Sounds like she's a neat young woman.

Thanks for the info!

Hi Olive! I'm Alyssa, nice to meet you!:cool1: I'm 14, so I'm going to be at the Vibe, but I read online that 14 yr olds can still go to Edge, so we can still hang out on the ship! Anyway, I'd love to chat, but can you post the link? I can't seem to find the forum. :sad2:

Hey Alyssa!!:) I'll be turning 14 a few weeks after the cruise, and i think i can do the the Vibe, too!!:yay::goodvibes

Here's the link to the thread:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3095766

Good morning fellow cruisers. Another month has gone by.
We now have only

months to go to the Fantasy. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hi All!

I got confirmation today that my request for a private function was received with a very positive tone about the possibility of accommodating us! :thumbsup2 The woman suggested, however, that we change the time from 3:00 to 2:45 or earlier, as she was concerned about us making the 3:45 muster drill. I still think 3:00 should be fine, as the plan is just to say hi and put faces with names. We won't be engaging in any structured activity or anything, will we? I think any earlier might be pushing it at the other end. Anyone else have any opinions about this? :confused3

So excited to his the two month mark today!! :yay:

Well, my family shall step foot upon the ship as early as possible:cool1:, therefore 2:45 works for us, but considering some people might have later flights or be delayed, I think 3:00 is a better choice. As far as I know, we still don't need the life vests for the muster drill, so it isn't as if anyone has to go back to the room to retrieve them.

Or, perhaps we could have some people show up at 2:45 so DCL is happy, but with the hope that everyone that would like to say hello and put names to faces be there by 3:00? Either way, I am sure we can make it work. I know I am looking forward to getting to know everyone! :)

Hello!

I switched from the DCL Wonder sailing to Alaska in July to this cruise. I am super excited!:banana:
I am traveling with my 21 year old daughter, 5 year old daughter, my friend, Jaime, her mom and 5 year old daughter. Our girls can't wait to visit BBB.

Hope to meet many of you :)

~Karrie

*Oooops, how do I get rid of my Alaskan cruise ticker?? lol wish I was able to go on both, that sure would be nice, lol

Hi All!

I got confirmation today that my request for a private function was received with a very positive tone about the possibility of accommodating us! :thumbsup2 The woman suggested, however, that we change the time from 3:00 to 2:45 or earlier, as she was concerned about us making the 3:45 muster drill. I still think 3:00 should be fine, as the plan is just to say hi and put faces with names. We won't be engaging in any structured activity or anything, will we? I think any earlier might be pushing it at the other end. Anyone else have any opinions about this? :confused3

So excited to his the two month mark today!! :yay:

:cool1: I agree that we can say 2:45 and if those can make it at that time, great! 3:00-3:45 is a little tight, especially if people actually come a little later than that. It may be hard for my 13 year old DD to stop talking! :laughing:

Bobbi,

2:45 is good for me and my family. Thanks again for taking the lead on this!

We are good with 2:45 as well. Hope to have made reservations the the mixology classes, have lunch and a spin on aquaduck before that. :banana:

Hello Everyone,
I am 21 years old and am traveling with my mom, little sister her friend and her daughter. I am excited to experience my first Disney Cruise. However, I hope it's not too difficult to find or meet people my age.

Is there anyone else that is 21 and would like to meet?;)

CANT WAIT!!!

xoxo
Alyssa

Hello!

I switched from the DCL Wonder sailing to Alaska in July to this cruise. I am super excited!:banana:
I am traveling with my 21 year old daughter, 5 year old daughter, my friend, Jaime, her mom and 5 year old daughter. Our girls can't wait to visit BBB.

Hope to meet many of you :)

~Karrie

*Oooops, how do I get rid of my Alaskan cruise ticker?? lol wish I was able to go on both, that sure would be nice, lol

Welcome. What a change from Alaska! Although I think an Alaskan cruise would be beautiful, I like my vacation weather to be warm. Summers here can be cool at times and I like the warm weather. The Easter Caribbean is our favorite itinerary.

Did you get rid of your Alaska ticker? You should be able to get rid of it by click on UserCP in the blue bar above. Just click on edit signature an delete the ticker from your signature. You might want to move your Eastern Caribbean ticker to your signature as it appears you copied it into the post itself as it showed up when I replied to your post.

I know many of you already made your plans for St. Thomas day but just in case anyone wants to join us Stand Up Paddle Boarding I contacted VIP paddle (after a lot of research of different places) and got this response.

We actually offer pickup from Havensight, where your ship will be docking, via our dingy. That way you will not have to worry about a taxi or the ferry. We can head back to the ship whenever you are ready and make sure you don't miss the ship. What time will your ship be docking?

We normally meet at 10am at Fat Turtle Restaurant in Yacht Haven Grande. It's less than a 5 minute walk from where your ship docks. Please let me know if that time works for you, otherwise we can adjust earlier or later, it's totally up to you.

Please let me know if you would like to make a reservation and I will send you an invoice via paypal. We require a 30% deposit to hold a reservation and the remainder can be payed on the morning of the excursion. (Our excursion rate is 79.00 per person)

Their website is http://www.vipaddleclub.com/ to check out more info.

We plan on meeting them at 10 and getting back before 2:15. For those of you with kiddos, the children's rate is lower I think $59. I follow them on facebook and it looks like a lot of fun! If you are interested feel free to join in:) As you can probably tell, my DH nor I have had any experience with SUP but it is something I always wanted to do.
I look forward to meeting you all on the 15th! :cool1:

Hello. This will be our second cruise. We went same month (June) last year for our first cruise going on the Western Caribbean and LOVED it. We signed up for this cruise while still on the last cruise. It will be me (I am 50 yrs old), DS who is 15, DD who just turned 13, and my mom, Grandma, who is...well....in her 70's. I am a widow so no DH....

We traveled last year and will again this year with my best friend who moved from Maryland (where I live) to just outside Disney World as she LOVES everything Disney. I am becoming that way too, I think! Nothing wrong with that!

My friend will have her DD who is also 15 like my son....in fact their birthdays are one day apart!

We will be having adjoining cabins for this Cruise and we are on the 8th deck.

I am trying to understand the FE. I have a picture of one and will show my DD it to see if she wants to work with me to make one. I think I will make one for my friend too! We saw a lot of things on some people's doors last June and I want to get in on more of that kind of activity to enhance the Disney Cruise Experience!!

My friend lives in Windemere, FL which of course is very close to Disney! We will be flying to FL on 13 June and stay in her house until 15 June. We will drive to the dock from her house on 15 June.....

I am only on page 40 of the posts so I am behind on where everyone's plans are...but I wanted to introduce myself!

Hello. This will be our second cruise. We went same month (June) last year for our first cruise going on the Western Caribbean and LOVED it. We signed up for this cruise while still on the last cruise. It will be me (I am 50 yrs old), DS who is 15, DD who just turned 13, and my mom, Grandma, who is...well....in her 70's. I am a widow so no DH....

We traveled last year and will again this year with my best friend who moved from Maryland (where I live) to just outside Disney World as she LOVES everything Disney. I am becoming that way too, I think! Nothing wrong with that!

My friend will have her DD who is also 15 like my son....in fact their birthdays are one day apart!

We will be having adjoining cabins for this Cruise and we are on the 8th deck.

I am trying to understand the FE. I have a picture of one and will show my DD it to see if she wants to work with me to make one. I think I will make one for my friend too! We saw a lot of things on some people's doors last June and I want to get in on more of that kind of activity to enhance the Disney Cruise Experience!!

My friend lives in Windemere, FL which of course is very close to Disney! We will be flying to FL on 13 June and stay in her house until 15 June. We will drive to the dock from her house on 15 June.....

I am only on page 40 of the posts so I am behind on where everyone's plans are...but I wanted to introduce myself!

:welcome: aboard the Father's Day Eastern Fantasy. We were on the 6/23/12 Western last year if this was the cruise you were on last year. For the FE sorry but the join up close date was 3 weeks ago. This cutoff is traditionally done to give participants time to gather and make their FE gifts. Please feel free to also join our FE page as well. The link is in the first post of this thread. If you have any questions reagarding this cruise please do not hesitiate to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter