July No Buy--Let the sizzlin' summer savings begin!!

1st - No buy day #1
2nd - No buy day #2
3rd - $4 parking at natural area, $22 waterproofing renewal for raincoats.
4th - No buy day #3
5th - No buy day #4
6th - $14 - Ebay for shorts (I didn't think I'd win - they're $45 shorts at Dicks, Academy and Bass Pro.)
7th - $22 - lunch for myself and two other ladies at work because I lost the fitness challenge this month. $20 - Goodwill (No comment. I fell off the wagon and feel no guilt.)

That's nothing compared to me yesterday. My instant pot was $99:teeth::scared::rolleyes2. Now to make SURE I use it, lol.

1st - No buy day #1
2nd - No buy day #2
4th - No buy day #3
5th - No buy day #4
6th - $14 - Ebay for shorts (I didn't think I'd win - they're $45 shorts at Dicks, Academy and Bass Pro.)
7th - $22 - lunch for myself and two other ladies at work because I lost the fitness challenge this month. $20 - Goodwill (No comment. I fell off the wagon and feel no guilt.)
8th - $18 - Diet cinnamon rolls, $7 Egg Foo Yung for lunch
9th (planned) $90 - perm
10th (planned) $4 parking fee

Ok, please tell me about DIET cinnamon rolls, as to me, the two simply do not go hand in hand, let's l.

July
1- No buy #1
2- Bought $25 gift card to Domino's for my daughter who is a poor grad student (studying fish:fish:)
3 - No buy #2
4 - No buy #3
5 - $8.55 for Taco Bell....first day teaching my summer classes.
6 - No buy #4
7 - No buy #5
8 - No buy #6

6/20

You're doing fantastic!!!!

4th- $50 parking fee & dinner
5th - no buy #1
6th - $23.72 care package for DH's trip (out of town until Sunday :()
7th - no buy #2
8th - no buy #3
9th - $25 2 dozen cookies

Calling it for today. I ordered 2 dozen fresh baked cookies to be delivered. Yes, I could have baked cookies myself, but I wanted to treat the boys. They are really missing their dad and so am I :(

Ok, please tell me about DIET cinnamon rolls, as to me, the two simply do not go hand in hand, let's l.

A local cafe makes Weight Watcher/diet cinnamon rolls. No joke. They fill a display case with them each morning and when they are sold out, they are out. Each roll is about the size of my hands wrapped into fists around each other and iced. They are 4 points under the current plan.

I have no idea how they make them, but the point values have been verified.

1st - No buy day #1
2nd - No buy day #2
4th - No buy day #3
5th - No buy day #4
8th - $18 - Diet cinnamon rolls, $7 Egg Foo Yung for lunch
9th $90 - perm
10th (planned) $4 parking fee

I may start not counting my parking fee. I don't count my Weight Watcher bill and this is as necessary for me to keep my weight down as that is. (I hike about 7 miles with a +/- 980 foot elevation change on the weekends when I can. It burns through a multitude of food sins.)

Yesterday I worked and spent nothing.

Today we decided to do a picnic lunch at work so I stopped at the grocery on my way in for fried chicken. On the way home I went to the dollar tree and cvs

7/1- $21.66 pizza and $25.60 Drugstore
7/2- $0
7/3- $0
7/4- $4.05 breakfast on the was to work and $34.66 Walmart
7/5- $0
7/6- $0
7/7- $10 co-pay, $3.94 drinks at McDonald's, and $210.56 Target
7/8- $0
7/9- $21 Giant eagle, $24.78 dollar tree, and $19.77 CVS

JULY:

1- No buy #1!!
2- No buy #2!
3- Well not a no buy day. We went to Marshalls and I found a bathroom shelf, for above the toilet. I've been looking for one I like and score!!!! It was only $16.99. Went to dinner, but used a gift card, but got coffee, $6.53. (Which I never do, so it was a treat for us!!! )
4- I can call this one now, lol, were not going anywhere today and we have leftovers from yesterday, lol. No buy #3!!! I will report if this does change, but very doubtful!
5- Able to call this one early. Staying home! #4
6- No buy #5. Went to dinner and out with my daughter, but she bought dinner!! Yes, I'm spoiled. And it was fun to go to a nice/trendy restaurant that the boys would have hated, lol.
7- No buy #6
8- Well I took meat out of the freezer, but than I bought an instant pot, as our rice cooker died, (it was $10 7 years ago at a black Friday sale, as well as the crock of my crock pot getting broken in our move, so this one pressure, slow, rice, Brown's and sautees!
9- I am amazed! I went grocery shopping and got crickets, cricket food, ear cleaner for our Wolfie,, groceries and nothing else!!!! All necessities!! I love my grandmunchkins, but it was much easier to get a no buy day alone, lol. No buy #7!!
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-
17-
18-
19-
20-
21-
22-
23-
24-
25-
26-
27-
28-
29-
30-

My July goal is 20 no buy days.

5th - no buy #1
7th - no buy #2
8th - no buy #3

Calling it for today. I ordered 2 dozen fresh baked cookies to be delivered. Yes, I could have baked cookies myself, but I wanted to treat the boys. They are really missing their dad and so am I :(

That's awesome!! You're such a wonderful Mom!!! When my son in law used to deploy, it was so hard on my oldest grandmunchkin. The youngest was a baby and then only 1 year old, but I know how difficult it was for them, as well as my daughter. (((((HUGS))))) And it's Sunday!!!! :yay:

A local cafe makes Weight Watcher/diet cinnamon rolls. No joke. They fill a display case with them each morning and when they are sold out, they are out. Each roll is about the size of my hands wrapped into fists around each other and iced. They are 4 points under the current plan.

I have no idea how they make them, but the point values have been verified.

Oh my, those sound amazing!!!! With your weekend hikes, I bet you could eat two!!!!!:flower3:

July
1- No Spend
2- No Spend
3- No Spend
4- No Spend
5- Spend--ordered in pizza as my children were returned to me earlier than expected after they were on vacation this weekend $32
6- No buy
7- No buy
8- No buy
9- $3 coffee's while coupon shopping and chinese for dinner as I got home late and had a guest $40
10- Breakfast out with all the kids $24

"]

JULY:

1- No buy #1!!
2- No buy #2!
3- Well not a no buy day. We went to Marshalls and I found a bathroom shelf, for above the toilet. I've been looking for one I like and score!!!! It was only $16.99. Went to dinner, but used a gift card, but got coffee, $6.53. (Which I never do, so it was a treat for us!!! )
4- I can call this one now, lol, were not going anywhere today and we have leftovers from yesterday, lol. No buy #3!!! I will report if this does change, but very doubtful!
5- Able to call this one early. Staying home! #4
6- No buy #5. Went to dinner and out with my daughter, but she bought dinner!! Yes, I'm spoiled. And it was fun to go to a nice/trendy restaurant that the boys would have hated, lol.
7- No buy #6
8- Well I took meat out of the freezer, but than I bought an instant pot, as our rice cooker died, (it was $10 7 years ago at a black Friday sale, as well as the crock of my crock pot getting broken in our move, so this one pressure, slow, rice, Brown's and sautees!
9- I am amazed! I went grocery shopping and got crickets, cricket food, ear cleaner for our Wolfie,, groceries and nothing else!!!! All necessities!! I love my grandmunchkins, but it was much easier to get a no buy day alone, lol. No buy #7!!
10- Yay, stayed home and enjoyed looking at instant pot recipes, so no buy #8!!
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-
17-
18-
19-
20-
21-
22-
23-
24-
25-
26-
27-
28-
29-
30-

My July goal is 20 no buy days.

5th - no buy #1
7th - no buy #2
8th - no buy #3
10th - no buy #4

Stayed home all day. Hubby still isn't back yet :(

Anyone else nervous about prime day on Tuesday??? I didn't buy anything last year, but I'm afraid I might this time. I'm planning on checking out the deals at least :/

That's awesome!! You're such a wonderful Mom!!! When my son in law used to deploy, it was so hard on my oldest grandmunchkin. The youngest was a baby and then only 1 year old, but I know how difficult it was for them, as well as my daughter. (((((HUGS))))) And it's Sunday!!!! :yay:

I can only imagine how tough that would be. Five minutes after he left, the boys were asking for him. They simply don't understand. Almost 9pm, and he's still not back :(

5th - no buy #1
7th - no buy #2
8th - no buy #3
10th - no buy #4

Anyone else nervous about prime day on Tuesday??? I didn't buy anything last year, but I'm afraid I might this time. I'm planning on checking out the deals at least :/

I am a little, but we have been doing so well with our budget using YNAB. Every time I am tempted to spend, I just look at the categories and realize that if I spent anything it would take away from things that I value more, like our upcoming vacation. That said, I spent $350 last year on a Roomba vacuum and I love that thing!

Last edited:
Catching up now and I think we have been doing really well! We went to visit my grandparents this weekend and lots of aunts and cousins were also visiting. It was great and we didn't spend any money except gas and one night's hotel, which was all budgeted beforehand. And on top of it all, I made another $200 between selling items on eBay and a class action lawsuit check. So I decided that a little bit of that could go towards a discounted movie theatre gift card to use over the next two months.

July
1- Spend - $17 for Culver's while driving to parent's house
2- No Spend #1
3- No Spend #2
4- No Spend #3
5- Spend - $13 for pens for DH
6- No Spend #4
7- No Spend #5
8- No Spend #6
9- No Spend #7
10- Spend - $19 on a $24 movie theatre gift card

7/20

5th - no buy #1
7th - no buy #2
8th - no buy #3
10th - no buy #4

I am! It's my grandmunchkins birthday next month so I'm hoping to find him something. Have you heard from your husband? Is everything ok? My daughter lost her seat on her flight home at 7 this morning, but she got on tonight and should be landing in an hour.

Jen I'm glad you had a fun AND profitable weekend!!!!!

5th - no buy #1
7th - no buy #2
8th - no buy #3
10th - no buy #4

What is prime day Tuesday?

July
1- No buy #1
2- Bought $25 gift card to Domino's for my daughter who is a poor grad student (studying fish:fish:)
3 - No buy #2
4 - No buy #3
5 - $8.55 for Taco Bell....first day teaching my summer classes.
6 - No buy #4
7 - No buy #5
8 - No buy #6
9 - No buy #7
10 - No buy #8

8/20

What is prime day Tuesday?

https://www.amazon.com/primeday

ETA:
Prime Day is a one-day only global shopping event exclusively for Prime members. On Tuesday, July 12, the second annual Prime Day will be the biggest global Amazon event ever. Members in the U.S. can shop starting at midnight PT, with new deals starting as often as every five minutes throughout the day.

With 100,000 deals exclusively for Prime members, across nearly all departments and product categories in ten countries, there will be something for everyone. In fact on the first annual Prime Day in 2015, worldwide members ordered 398 items per second, exceeding Black Friday records at the time.

JULY:

It is sooo much easier to have a no buy day when you're alone, but isn't it nice having the grandmunchkins? My youngest niece was in our town last year for college and while she was a bit draining on the pocketbook (she was on a really, really tight budget and I like to spoil. . .:rolleyes1) I so enjoyed having her company. She changed majors and is at a 2 year school (much easier on the overall pocketbook and it has a better program for her major.) for a year, then will switch to a 3rd school, so it's all good, but I miss her!

https://www.amazon.com/primeday

ETA:
Prime Day is a one-day only global shopping event exclusively for Prime members. On Tuesday, July 12, the second annual Prime Day will be the biggest global Amazon event ever. Members in the U.S. can shop starting at midnight PT, with new deals starting as often as every five minutes throughout the day.

With 100,000 deals exclusively for Prime members, across nearly all departments and product categories in ten countries, there will be something for everyone. In fact on the first annual Prime Day in 2015, worldwide members ordered 398 items per second, exceeding Black Friday records at the time.

I do not even want to discuss last years Prime Day. They offered 20% off of Warehouse Deals. I went a little crazy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter