July No Buy--Let the sizzlin' summer savings begin!!

Yesterday I worked until 5:30pm and then ran to the grocery store as our plans changed. It was rainy and miserable here so instead of going to the local fair for food and fireworks we stayed home.

I am already calling today. Trying to clean out a room in the house each week. This week is the den.

7/1- $21.66 pizza and $25.60 Drugstore
7/2- $0
7/3- $0
7/4- $4.05 breakfast on the was to work and $34.66 Walmart
7/5- $0

I'm posting early to cut out any attacks of "I wanna go shopping"

1st - No buy day #1
2nd - No buy day #2
3rd - $4 parking at natural area, $22 waterproofing renewal for raincoats.
4th - No buy day #3
5th - No buy day #4

JULY:
I was going to pay for the Hallmark channel on Swagbucks, but my daughter bought it for me, so win-win! No buy day and get the Hallmark channel to watch at night, or anytime, lol. Oh and another win. I got SB for the purchase!

I love the Hallmark Channel! Congrats on the gift and the SB. :)

Yesterday I worked until 5:30pm and then ran to the grocery store as our plans changed. It was rainy and miserable here so instead of going to the local fair for food and fireworks we stayed home.

I am already calling today. Trying to clean out a room in the house each week. This week is the den.

We stayed home yesterday and watched it rain too. It was thoroughly nasty, hot and muggy after the rain finished! Congrats on tacking the cleaning out of a room. That is a major undertaking!

We had planned a camping trip for this weekend, but ended up going to my parent's house instead because their dog is not doing well and we wanted a chance to say goodbye. Well, he seems to be doing a bit better, but his mobility is limited so it is only a matter of time. We had a great weekend overall and it was fun hanging out with my dad.

And today, DH needed more of his favorite pens, so we grabbed some while out grocery shopping.

July
1- Spend - $17 for Culver's while driving to parent's house
2- No Spend #1
3- No Spend #2
4- No Spend #3
5- Spend - $13 for pens for DH

3/20

Well I am not doing so well on reporting but so far doing pretty well on my goal! My goal is at least 20 no buy days...

July
1- No Spend
2- No Spend
3- No Spend
4- No Spend
5- Spend--ordered in pizza as my children were returned to me earlier than expected after they were on vacation this weekend $32

1st - No buy day #1
2nd - No buy day #2
4th - No buy day #3
5th - No buy day #4
6th - $14 - Ebay for shorts (I didn't think I'd win - they're $45 shorts at Dicks, Academy and Bass Pro.)

I love the Hallmark Channel! Congrats on the gift and the SB. :)

We stayed home yesterday and watched it rain too. It was thoroughly nasty, hot and muggy after the rain finished! Congrats on tacking the cleaning out of a room. That is a major undertaking!

I binge watched last night, lol. I'm enjoying it already!!!!

1st - No buy day #1
2nd - No buy day #2
4th - No buy day #3
5th - No buy day #4
6th - $14 - Ebay for shorts (I didn't think I'd win - they're $45 shorts at Dicks, Academy and Bass Pro.)

It's funny, the auctions I really want to win, I don't always have the luck to win, but the ones I'm on the fence with, I win easily, lol.

New month, new chance to rock the No Buy days!

I'm going to track all non essential spending this month, which means gasoline and groceries will no longer count for me.

Looking to surpass 20 days this month (maybe 22??), but summers can be difficult...so fingers crossed I can do it!

July
1-spend--ice cream run on Canada Day!!
2-No Buy #1
3-No Buy #2
4-No Buy #3
5-Spend--ordered pizza for dinner
6-Spend--toooo hot to run errands without a small ice cream treat!
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-
17-
18-
19-
20-
21-
22-
23-
24-
25-
26-
27-
28-
29-
30-
31-

3/22

Well yesterday I got all but the closet cleaned out in the den. It always amazes me how much stuff is packed into rooms, lol.

Today was a work day and I took my lunch so nothing spent. The upside to it being hot is I have no desire to go anywhere after work. I come straight home to my air conditioner, lol

7/2- $0
7/3- $0
7/5- $0
7/6- $0

Stayed home all day so no buying

July
1- No buy #1
2- Bought $25 gift card to Domino's for my daughter who is a poor grad student (studying fish:fish:)
3 - No buy #2
4 - No buy #3
5 - $8.55 for Taco Bell....first day teaching my summer classes.
6 - No buy #4

4/20

1st - No buy day #1
2nd - No buy day #2
4th - No buy day #3
5th - No buy day #4
7th - $22 - lunch for myself and two other ladies at work because I lost the fitness challenge this month. $20 - Goodwill (No comment. I fell off the wagon and feel no guilt.)

Last edited:
JULY:

1- No buy #1!!
2- No buy #2!
3- Well not a no buy day. We went to Marshalls and I found a bathroom shelf, for above the toilet. I've been looking for one I like and score!!!! It was only $16.99. Went to dinner, but used a gift card, but got coffee, $6.53. (Which I never do, so it was a treat for us!!! )
4- I can call this one now, lol, were not going anywhere today and we have leftovers from yesterday, lol. No buy #3!!! I will report if this does change, but very doubtful!
5- Able to call this one early. Staying home! #4
6- No buy #5. Went to dinner and out with my daughter, but she bought dinner!! Yes, I'm spoiled. And it was fun to go to a nice/trendy restaurant that the boys would have hated, lol.
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-
17-
18-
19-
20-
21-
22-
23-
24-
25-
26-
27-
28-
29-
30-

My July goal is 20 no buy days.

Oh, and I got another $50 Disney GC with my SB rewards!!!!

Today I worked a short shift and then took my mom to the doctor. We then shopped at Target. Her window ac unit broke for her bedroom so we replaced that and then got some groceries and health items.

7/2- $0
7/3- $0
7/5- $0
7/6- $0
7/7- $10 co-pay, $3.94 drinks at McDonald's, and $210.56 Target

1st - No buy day #1
2nd - No buy day #2
4th - No buy day #3
5th - No buy day #4
7th - $22 - lunch for myself and two other ladies at work because I lost the fitness challenge this month. $20 - Goodwill (No comment. I fell off the wagon and feel no guilt.)
8th - $18 - Diet cinnamon rolls, $7 Egg Foo Yung for lunch
9th (planned) $90 - perm
10th (planned) $4 parking fee

Last edited:
JULY:

1- No buy #1!!
2- No buy #2!
3- Well not a no buy day. We went to Marshalls and I found a bathroom shelf, for above the toilet. I've been looking for one I like and score!!!! It was only $16.99. Went to dinner, but used a gift card, but got coffee, $6.53. (Which I never do, so it was a treat for us!!! )
4- I can call this one now, lol, were not going anywhere today and we have leftovers from yesterday, lol. No buy #3!!! I will report if this does change, but very doubtful!
5- Able to call this one early. Staying home! #4
6- No buy #5. Went to dinner and out with my daughter, but she bought dinner!! Yes, I'm spoiled. And it was fun to go to a nice/trendy restaurant that the boys would have hated, lol.
7- No buy #6
8- Well I took meat out of the freezer, but than I bought an instant pot, as our rice cooker died, (it was $10 7 years ago at a black Friday sale, as well as the crock of my crock pot getting broken in our move, so this one pressure, slow, rice, Brown's and sautees!
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-
14-
15-
16-
17-
18-
19-
20-
21-
22-
23-
24-
25-
26-
27-
28-
29-
30-

My July goal is 20 no buy days.

July
1- No buy #1
2- Bought $25 gift card to Domino's for my daughter who is a poor grad student (studying fish:fish:)
3 - No buy #2
4 - No buy #3
5 - $8.55 for Taco Bell....first day teaching my summer classes.
6 - No buy #4
7 - No buy #5
8 - No buy #6

6/20

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter