July 4th Idea

CaoilinnsMom

Mouseketeer
Going during the week of July 4th 2023. Any tips, ideas, or little known things going on during that week? Thanks in advance!

These are for on the 4th itself:

They usually have a concert in the fantasyland theatre with different military divisions bands.
World of color will have a pre tag with fireworks
Disneyland may or may not show the 4th of July fireworks show

Crowd level predictions are all over the place -- none of the crowd-prediction websites agree; seeing everything from 5/10 to 10/10 DO NOT GO. Anyone been there over the actual 4th who can report back on what the crowd is like? Will it make much difference that the 4th is a Wednesday, not a "shoulder"/long-weekend day?

We've never been in summer, much less over what we would have thought would be a packed holiday -- October, which was chill in our first few years, has been hip-to-hip, elbow-to-elbow in full boiling rage mode these last few years (and yet, we're booked for then too ...).

Was there July 2, 3,and 4th last year. Saturday ans Sunday were not at all bad crowd-wise, though it was warm. Took cooling towel, drank lots of water and it was fine.

4th was slightly more crowded. I believe most passes were blocked, single day ticket for 4th was pretty high. Initially thought I was only going on the weekend so I had to buy single day ticket, was about $150 I think.

I was pleasantly surprised at crowd level because I was expecting wall to wall.

We're going at the end of the week (7th - 9th). Most crowd calendars consistently show the weekend crowd levels to be okay. Hope those predictions come true this year.

Last edited:
Crowd level predictions are all over the place -- none of the crowd-prediction websites agree; seeing everything from 5/10 to 10/10 DO NOT GO. Anyone been there over the actual 4th who can report back on what the crowd is like? Will it make much difference that the 4th is a Wednesday, not a "shoulder"/long-weekend day?

We've never been in summer, much less over what we would have thought would be a packed holiday -- October, which was chill in our first few years, has been hip-to-hip, elbow-to-elbow in full boiling rage mode these last few years (and yet, we're booked for then too ...).
The 4th is a Tuesday this year. We'll actually be in Universal on that day and then traveling to Anaheim on Wednesday (the 5th).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter