July 3rd in parks

LeslieG

DIS Veteran
I remember reading somewhere that July 4th is a 10 for crowd level in the parks, but I'm wondering about July 3rd. Should I anticipate it being just as bad?

Generally the week of 4th of July is crowded but nothing comes close to MK on the 4th.

I will be there for the third year in a row this year. 25 days and counting!

I am interested too. I am planning MK on the 3rd. and HS on the 4th. Have the parks ever closed to on site guests. TY

I am interested too. I am planning MK on the 3rd. and HS on the 4th. Have the parks ever closed to on site guests. TY

If you go to the MK on July 4, and go back to your hotel at midday, there is a good chance that you will not get back into the MK on the afternoon of the 4th.

We visited during 4th of July a couple of years ago. Based on advice found on these boards, we went to MK on the 3rd for the fireworks and did Epcot on the 4th (we love Illuminations and we wanted a picture with the characters in their patriotic outfits). We heard rumors that MK closed to maybe Phase I early in the day on the 4th but were never able to confirm it. MK on the 3rd was very busy but manageable. We did stake out our spot probably 1.5-2 hours in advance for the fireworks but only because we wanted to be on Main Street near the castle so that we could see the perimeter fireworks better. This year may be different as the 4th falls on a Friday which could entice more local people to visit since it is a three day weekend.

MK can close should they hit capacity. That has happened multiple times in the past few years so if you really want to be in MK for the 4th get their early and plan on staying there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter