July 2016

Aliceacc

DIS Veteran
Is it possible that there's not already a thread for July 2016?

We booked the other day-- a week in mid July. It will be the 5 of us. We don't really need an excuse to go, but we will be celebrating my son's high school graduation.

We're hoping for the Beach Club. But I let our travel agent know that I'll be happy to switch to any Deluxe that can accommodate all 5 of us if it saves us significant money. (Last year she switched us from the Beach Club to the Yacht Club and saved us $1000 when the Visa Card discounts came up. So cool.)

We're getting the DDP and parkhoppers. I know that neither works for everyone. But after several trips to WDW, we've realized that both work best for us.

One of these days we'll start talking about ADRs, though we have until February to really talk about that. We tend to do mostly dinners, and have several "must do's": Be Our Guest, Coral Reef, Cape May, possibly Le Cellier.

Anyone else making plans for July??

ME! Just booked our first split stay: 3 nights Poly/7 nights Beach Club!!! We stayed at the Beach Club this past July but never stayed at the Poly.

July! We check in at Boardwalk Villas July 25 and stay until August 4th!!! It's me, DH and our sons (ages 11 and 9 when we go). My parents, sister and brother-in-law, nieces (ages 15 and 12 when we go) and nephew (age 2 when we go) are joining us for the first 4 days. They're staying at Old Key West. DH and I are DVC members since 2008 and we're staying in a 1-bedroom at BWV. We got a discounted reservation through DVC member services for the rest of the family and they ar staying in a 2-bedroom at OKW. That was the only resort with discounted cash reservations for a 2BR for DVC members.

We would have been going anyway, but we will also be celebrating my son's graduation from elementary school. Planning on one day each at DHS and AK, two days each at MK and Epcot, and one day at Universal Studios with the purchase of the express pass so we can do as much as possible. I already calculated a preliminary budget including probably ADRs, the drive down from Brooklyn, NY including gas, tolls, food and hotel stops, all park tickets which we will buy soon, etc. We will purchase the Tables in Wonderland card, as we eat mainly table service but not enough meals for the deluxe dining plan to be worth it. DH and I also like to have an adult beverage with our dinner when on vacation, and the TIW card discount covers alcoholic beverages as well. You have to be. Florida resident, or DVC member or AP holder in order to qualify to buy the TIW card. It fits best into our family's plans.

Can't wait to go! But I love all the planning along the way, the anticipation of going and just looking forward to it all, even if it is still 10 months away! :)

DH and I just started talking about a July 2016 trip. It will be the four of us me, DH son(5), son (4). We are only going in July to celebrate our sons 4th birthday. We have celebrated our older sons birthday at Disney twice in December when the weather is more forgiving. So its only fair the little man gets a Disney celebration too. We have not been to WDW in July since 2004 when it was just the two of us. We will go Deluxe choice TBD. Plenty of time to brainstorm a plan.

Is it possible that there's not already a thread for July 2016?

Strange, I could not find a July 2016 thread either. Does this mean we can give this thread an "official" title?
Our July dates are not firm, but we are definitely hoping for the last two weeks.
We usually go in July or August, but this past year
we changed over to April thinking we would escape the summer heat and humidity. Well, the joke was on us. Every day was scorching hot, with wet and wild T storms every afternoon.
That said, we decided to return to the predictably hot month of July; at least we know what we're in for!:rotfl:

Strange, I could not find a July 2016 thread either. Does this mean we can give this thread an "official" title?
Our July dates are not firm, but we are definitely hoping for the last two weeks.
We usually go in July or August, but this past year
we changed over to April thinking we would escape the summer heat and humidity. Well, the joke was on us. Every day was scorching hot, with wet and wild T storms every afternoon.
That said, we decided to return to the predictably hot month of July; at least we know what we're in for!:rotfl:

I love it! We always expect terribly humid weather and also to get caught in a thunderstorm at MK. Every single time I've been to WDW in the summer, I've hit a bad thunderstorm at MK. it never fails. We always spend two days at MK. If we don't get caught in a thunderstorm the first day there, we know it's coming the next time!

That said, we've been at WDW before when it was actually hotter back home (Brooklyn, NY)! However in July 2014, it was super hot at WDW and the heat index was over 100. We were there 10 days and only went to the pool once, on a day off from the parks, in the morning and it was still crazy hot. Afternoon breaks were spent relaxing in the air conditioned villa taking a nap the heat really knocked us out last year. Other past trips, it was hot but bearable enough to go to the pool during some of our afternoon breaks and have fun there. Either way, we always look forward to our hot July Disney vacations. It's Disney so no weather is gonna destroy the happy times! :)

We are booked July 5th-16th. Plane tickets bought, not made room reservations yet. Probably Swan/Dolphin
Scared of the heat and crowds.
Went this year at the end of April and the weather was beautiful!

SO excited!! We are booked at CBR for July 2nd - 9th. DM, DD (12 turning 13 while at Disney) and DD 10.

Getting closer to my ADR date for our July trip! Can't wait until July 8 when we are boarding our plane for a week of fun and memories!

Still dithering on whether we should even think about a WDW trip a month before college tuition sets in.

I'm playing with ADRs. We'll book them, but keep an eye on the deadlines for cancellations.

Once we know where my son will be attending college, and the final price tag, we'll have a better idea of how feasible Disney is.

My ADR day is coming up on Sunday and I keep playing with the idea of so we want to keep the dining plan or go OPP. So many decisions! For right now I think we are going to keep the dining plan and book the meals we want. We let all 3 kiddos chose and meal and so far we have a Chef Mickey, Sci Fi Dine, and CRT. Now trying to decide if I want to try and make CRT an 8am meal to try and get some good shots of Main Street and the Castle or a little latter and do rope drop then breakfast. I may try for 8am as my kids are so hungry right away in the morning. So now to choose 3 more meals!

:dogdance:Just booked the BWV for July! But, I can't start planning any dining because my window is not open yet...:(

Maybe I'll buy my tickets before they go up in price...but trying to decide if I should add the water parks and more option.

Overall, I am so excited and it's only January!

My ADR date is January 27th and I haven't finalized everything yet! I've never "procrastinated" this much before, just been so busy lately. :)

My ADR day is tomorrow and I am still trying to decide what I want to book! So many options!

Great ADR day! I was able to get everything I wanted including 8am ADR's for Crystal Palace and one for CRT and then was able to get an 8am one for Akershus! Scored a BOG dinner and a couple other ADR's we wanted. The online system worked great for me this morning and was able to do my 180 + 10 with no problems! Hope that everyone else is able to get their ADR's and as easy as I was able too. Now I just have to keep settled on our resort! Discounts can't come out soon enough for me! I would really like to jump up to a Deluxe resort if possible!

I just did my ADRs, got BOG right away for dinner, can't believe it
the only problem is I don't seem to be able to book the fantastic dinning package, keep getting an error

I just did my ADRs, got BOG right away for dinner, can't believe it
the only problem is I don't seem to be able to book the fantastic dinning package, keep getting an error
Fantastic for you about BOG! I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one because it's for 11 of us so I have to actually wait until 7am to call for that ADR.

Good luck with your search bangzoom6877! Hopefully you can get right through and get what you need!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter