July 2016

In case anyone has not seen, July hours were updated (a little). Basically MK open until 11 pm on July 1-2 and AK open until 11 all month. DHS still showing an 8:30 close, and MK still has 10 pm for all other nights.

Thats hardly anything, so maybe everyone is right about this July being oddly low..! We'll see very soon!

Thats hardly anything, so maybe everyone is right about this July being oddly low..! We'll see very soon!

I am hoping it is not going to remain that way. The new Star Wars fireworks are supposed to be 9:45 pm (I think?) so DHS should be 10 pm close not 8:30 I would think?

Not that I would not love lower crowds, but we get a LOT done in those pm hours when it is cooler!

We just booked last week for July 7th to July 13th. Staying at VWL on the 7th and 8th then moving to Kidani Villas for rest of trip. Could not believe we were able to get all of our ADR's and FP+ with no problems. We've never booked a trip so last minute but the cheap airfare and room availability was just to good to pass up!!

Anyone know when they changed the final payment from 45 days to 30 days. I am 47 days out and looked on MDE to make sure I made my final payment and it indicated was due by June 30.

:wave:HI everyone!
Just booked a trip for July 17-23 at POP Century!:woohoo:
Is anyone else staying at POP then? Hope everyone has a wonderful vacation!:disrocks:

Just a heads-up... I was checking DME and saw that my dates in July have (some) updated hours.

AK still showing it is open until 11 every day.

MK is now also open until 11 pm on all but one of my nights (Sunday was 10 pm for some reason?). There was also a random day where it was open at 8 am and closing at 11.

Epcot is still closing at 9.

DHS has moved from 8:30-9:00 closings now. This is even for days (through July 9th) where the dessert party has opened for reservations and is supposed to have fireworks/projection show starting at 9:15.

None of this has been updated on the actual travel agent calendar (from what I can see) or confirmed by any of the blogging sites- just appearing the website when I check park hours for my plans...

Just a heads-up... I was checking DME and saw that my dates in July have (some) updated hours.

AK still showing it is open until 11 every day.

MK is now also open until 11 pm on all but one of my nights (Sunday was 10 pm for some reason?). There was also a random day where it was open at 8 am and closing at 11.

Epcot is still closing at 9.

DHS has moved from 8:30-9:00 closings now. This is even for days (through July 9th) where the dessert party has opened for reservations and is supposed to have fireworks/projection show starting at 9:15.

None of this has been updated on the actual travel agent calendar (from what I can see) or confirmed by any of the blogging sites- just appearing the website when I check park hours for my plans...

Thanks for this!

The MK day opening at 8am, is this EMH hours?

The only thing I noticed other than the extended AK hours is they added morning EMH on one of our days. Unfortunately its a day we can't take advantage of it! We love morning EMH. I just don't see why HS hours have not extended yet...

Someone started a thread saying the hours were updated last night- this was what I saw when I looked. I did write to Disney to complain about the lack of hours/the amount of time it was taking for updates. I have been playing phone tag with the person who is supposed to be responding to my concerns- I will post what the response is when I get to speak to her. I'm hoping that there are more updates for DHS (at least until 10), and maybe a few nights of midnight at MK- and maybe they are not finished and that is why none of the usual outlets have posted about updated hours. So frustrating it is all taking this long!

As for the 8 am opening day, no it was not an EMH day. Just a change to an 8 am opening...

Last edited:
So I heard back. Apparently the rationale for DHS closing at 9 is that they have closed so many things in the park that you can accomplish all you want a lot faster so they don't need to keep it open later. Not sure how I feel about that reasoning...

Anyone have any advice as to how early we'd want to show up to a Voices of America show on the 4th for a decent view? TIA!!!

So I heard back. Apparently the rationale for DHS closing at 9 is that they have closed so many things in the park that you can accomplish all you want a lot faster so they don't need to keep it open later. Not sure how I feel about that reasoning...

I don't agree with it due to the park hopper option... sure if I had gotten there when it opened we'd be done, but what if you are hopping from another park..? Its still a really busy time of year.

I don't agree with it due to the park hopper option... sure if I had gotten there when it opened we'd be done, but what if you are hopping from another park..? Its still a really busy time of year.

Yes. We always hop on our trips. We are rope drop/ afternoon break/ hop to close a park people. And we always go in summer. It is too darn hot midday!! So the earlier park hours are really affecting our plans- we are routinely out until 11 or midnight on our trips. That is not really an option this trip- at least not so far. And it makes me sad- and frustrated that I can't do what I have done in the past.

I am not really buying the CM's reasoning in this. I think she just had to say something to "justify" the lack of hours/late updates other than cost cutting or Shanghai.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter