Jorge/George Gomez ~ Owners & renters.. stay FAR away from him!

kksmom92

Mouseketeer
I should of posted this sooner and I really hope no one on here got scammed by this person, but whatever you do, stay away from Fineline Villas or FLV Orlando Fineline Villas.

Long story short... the guys who runs those (Jorge Gomez) will take your money and give you bogus codes to get into the condo/house. When you get there and punch them in, they won't work! We were going to rent from him this past Feb, but thankfully VRBO informed us that it wasn't legit right before we were going to send him the balance. We ended up canceling and he said we would mail our deposit back, but it's been 6 months and nothing yet.

According to ripoff Reports He has been scamming people since 2004. I just wish I would of seen that website before I mailed him our deposit.

If you want to hear from a couple more of his victims, you can read about it here on my blog.

Edited to add:
If you have a condo/house that you rent out, beware as well because he will call you to see if he can put his renters in your place and then won't pay you either.

2nd edit to add... I just wanted to share that on my blog today I had a Janet write that she also was scammed by George, but with a last name of Edwards! So now he is changing his name!

She also owned a villa he was suppose to be renting out for his tenents for 5 weeks and never paid!

So be aware of a Jorge Gomez, George Gomez, and now a George Edwards!

3rd update!! Just found out Mr. Gomez started ANOTHER website so stay away from Vacation Villages 4 rent as well!

So stay away from the following websites....

http://www.finelinevillas.com/
http://flvorlando.com/
http://www.vacationvillages4rent.com/

4th update!! The above websites are no longer, but I did find him tonight on Craigslist. Right now he is going after owners, so if you are an owner.. BEWARE!!! That and he is now selling Personalized Nutritional Supplements.

5th update!! I just got the following comment on my blog and wanted to share! (at least I saved 1 person from a major headache)

I am a villa owner and have recently been contacted by a George Gomez. Here is the contact info. GEORGE GOMEZ
DIRECTOR OF SALES AND MARKETING
HOME FLORIDA REALTY, INC.
19705 SOUTH DIXIE HIGHWAY
MIAMI, FL. 33157
786-416-2989
He used this email ymorales@homefloridarealty.com

Thank you so much for your warnings. He wanted to rent out our villa and it sounds like we would never have been paid. It is very important to us that our guests have a great vacation and I research anyone we deal with. Hopefully other vacationers and villa owners will read and heed your warnings. I feel so badly for people who have had their vacations ruined and villa owners who also have been scammed.

I should of posted this sooner and I really hope no one on here got scammed by this person, but whatever you do, stay away from Fineline Villas or FLV Orlando Fineline Villas.

Long story short... the guys who runs those (Jorge Gomez) will take your money and give you bogus codes to get into the condo/house. When you get there and punch them in, they won't work! We were going to rent from him this past Feb, but thankfully VRBO informed us that it wasn't legit right before we were going to send him the balance. We ended up canceling and he said we would mail our deposit back, but it's been 6 months and nothing yet.

According to ripoff Reports He has been scamming people since 2004. I just wish I would of seen that website before I mailed him our deposit.

If you want to hear from a couple more of his victims, you can read about it here on my blog.

Edited to add: If you have a condo/house that you rent out, beware as well because he will call you to see if he can put his renters in your place and then won't pay you either.

Thanks, I pasted your post on the TripAdvisor Orlando forum.

Cool!! Thank you so much! I just don't want anyone else getting scammed by this guy. I've talked to 3 different people who have gotten scammed (renters & condo owners) and the one knows of quite a few other people!

What really stinks is we filed a complaint with the Miami Dade Police since that's where he lives, attorney general's office, US Postal service because we had sent our check via the mail, Orlando Fraud Unit and I don't remember who else, but we get one of the two responses.. 1. There is nothing we can do or 2. Jorge isn't cooperating so there is nothing they can do. It just stinks this guy keeps getting away with this!

I am sorry you had to go through this. I remember trying to help a guest in 2004 who had booked through George / Jorge. There are also several management companies who were scammed by him through a previous company.

You could also file a complaint with the BBB - some potential guests may check the BBB for a report before booking and you could prevent someone else from getting caught by this guy.

You could also try making a report to the Central Florida Property Managers Association http://www.cfpma.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=4&club_id=87925. I don't think they can do anything directly, but if George / Jorge tries to contact them or one of their members, they can be aware that he is 'back in business'.

I will pass your information onto anyone I can (owners, management companies etc) and hopefully we can prevent other people being scammed.

-Kay

I just wanted to share that on my blog today I had a Janet write that she also was scammed by George, but with a last name of Edwards! So now he is changing his name!

She also owned a villa he was suppose to be renting out for his tenents for 5 weeks and never paid!

So be aware of a Jorge Gomez, George Gomez, and now a George Edwards!

Just wanted to bump this to the top as I added another update in the origional post as Mr. Gomez started ANOTHER website!!

If you have ever been scammed by this guy or you know of someone who has... can you please PM me your name and number? My husband is trying to get as many names together as we can because he will be calling the atty General's office to prove there is a pattern and they need to go after him!

Just bumping because I added more in my OP. I hope you don't mind.. I just don't want anyone else getting scammed by him.

If you (or anyone you know) has been scammed by him, just let me know and I'll give you the lead detective's phone number as they are looking for more victims!

Way to be proactive about this!!
Most people would let it go and chalk it up to experience, rather than trying to do something to stop the guy.
:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts