Jobs

thron606

Disney Freak
Okay so I recently turned fifteen and I need money. So I go out at give a few applications but they say you have to be sixteen. I felt like an idiot and now I was wondering if anyone knows places that actually hire at fifteen?

If you want my honest opinion, see if you can make money doing odd jobs around the house or mowing lawns or something until you're 16. When I was 15 I had the same mindset as you, but now that I have a job, I realized it's not all that much fun, and you usually get a job with better pay/are able to work more hours once you turn 16. I know that doesn't really answer your question..I guess try supermarkets/fast food restaurants?

Yeah that's what everyone tells me to do but the thing that sucks is there's like 6 other people my age in the neighborhood that do those things. Thanks for the advice though!

i'm actually picking up my workers permet tomorrow! i have an appointment with the manager of this toy store by my house. they hire at 15 with a workers permit! look for little mom and pop single standing stores.

Usually fast food joints hire at 14.
Some random convenience stores do too.

I got my job at 15, however the chain exists only within Canada.

I know for a fact that there are places where I live (North Carolina, USA), that start at 14. Chick Fil-A's the biggest, most well known one with the best chance of having one near you, but there are also two or three grocery stores, so maybe look into that?

I know it's against the law where I live to hire someone under 16. :confused3

I doubt anyone will hire you at fifteen. Not when so many people are out of work and they can hire older people. Plus, having a job is a lot of work especially when you have to balance school as well.

My advice is for you to wait a year. In the meantime do odd jobs for people in your neighborhood, babysit, or ask your parents what you can do for pay.

Try local bussinesses would be my best bet. I tried to get a job at 15 and none of the big chain's hired till you were 16. I just got my first job a couple of weeks ago and I'm 16 and I got it from a local restraunt. I didn't apply at any chains since I would prefer to go local since that normally means better quality, also the bussinesses tend to have nicer employees and such and are willing to hire anyone nice with a good attitude who wants to work.

I'm pretty sure grocery stores hire 15 year olds as cart pushers and baggers. Next year they would probably move you up to cashier.

I've had this trouble too, i sent in letters and applications in March hoping to get a little summer job in like B&B's, Hotels & Café's and no luck, about a week ago i sent in a letter to a hotel, and i have an interview on friday:woohoo:

i am too 15, and there is some places that a 15 year old can legally work where i live such as Hotels, B&B's, Cafés, Shops etc.
however there are some places taking on under-age children, quite a few people i know who are 12 & 13, they've got jobs waitressing and that, and we can't figure out how they've done it illegaly

Good Luck:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter