Joann's -not thrilled

Disney Ontario

Ontario Disney
:mad: Hi. Yesterday we made the hour and half long trip shopping to Buffalo, usually my thrill was going to Joann's. Well I ended up a two and it was like they were empty/ running on low with scrapbooking supplies. Our last couple trips were like this, I even went online to find all the great deals and to make my shopping list. Well I think I ended up with a pack of paper and a paw punch. NOT TO HAPPY.:sad2:

:mad: Hi. Yesterday we made the hour and half long trip shopping to Buffalo, usually my thrill was going to Joann's. Well I ended up a two and it was like they were empty/ running on low with scrapbooking supplies. Our last couple trips were like this, I even went online to find all the great deals and to make my shopping list. Well I think I ended up with a pack of paper and a paw punch. NOT TO HAPPY.:sad2:

I have had bad customer service issues the past 4 or 5 times I have called my JoAnn's. I called looking for a cart; one time I was on hold for 10 minutes before I called back and had to wait again. Then yesterday, I called to see if they got a shipment and the worker first told me right off the bat that they didn't have it. Then she when to check and argued with me that no JoAnn's stores carry that cart...I beg to differ an employee and my buddies here on the DIS have told me otherwise! :upsidedow

They seem to be put out already and it is just the start of the holiday season...they have a long way to go!

I'm sure part of it is the fact that there is a big sale this weekend. I bet they are working hard to get stock out ASAP for Black Friday. Or, maybe they decided to wait until Wednesday to really stock up?

I don't have problems at my store, but I think it's because I know them all by name at this point ;)

I'm sure part of it is the fact that there is a big sale this weekend. I bet they are working hard to get stock out ASAP for Black Friday. Or, maybe they decided to wait until Wednesday to really stock up?

I don't have problems at my store, but I think it's because I know them all by name at this point ;)

Maybe that is the key...I need to shop more! You think DH will buy that line?! :rotfl:

I love my Joanns too, when I was there a couple weeks ago buying some Disney stuff I saw and didn't have the got all excited, she's a Disney freak too!!! would go there instead of Mikes anyday!

Next time you go to Buffalo, you might want to visit the LSS - I think it's Buffalo Stamp and Scrap- on Maple - street? Avenue? .

Even though it's not their fault, Joann's is not my friend this week.

On November 3rd, I ordered a bunch of DCWV pads from them at 75% off. Their Fed Ex shipper managed to lose the package. Joann's did refund my money, but of course they don't have the pads at that price anymore.

I am still hoping that the box is eventually found and sent to me. It was a great deal!

The JoAnn's close to me carries a few of the older carts and than has a ring nearby with cards for the newer carts so you can place orders. If I wanted to order a cart I would go online and order it. I once called a Super Store over 1/2 hour away to check on a cart ...they told me they had it ... when I got there they told me they didn't. I've given up on that one.

I love my JoAnn's :) Everyone there is very friendly & helpful!

I'm with WDWMickey - ours is great. They have tons of individual sheets of paper. Most of the other box stores in our area (Michaels, Hobby Lobby) tend to sell more of the paper stacks or packages of paper. And our fabric department is very helpful.

We too head across the border and visit JoAnn's...I usually don't have too much luck at the JoAnn's on Military Road because they are a smaller store...but I always have great luck finding tons of scrapbook stuff at the larger JoAnn's etc in Amherst, near the Boulevard Mall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter