• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jingle Bell Jingle BAM Show at DHS with Dessert Party Details POST 8

Where is the wheelchair viewing section for those in the general public for JBJB? How soon do you need to line up? There are two of us in wheelchairs?
Also, are family members allowed to accompany you? Thank you so much!
As of now, and the same went for the SWaGS show, there isn't a wheelchair only area in the general viewing. For the best spot in general viewing you must grab a spot at least an hour before, during the busy holiday season, it needs to be more

Enjoyed the dessert party tonight & would do it again given the chance. It was inside Disney Junior due to rain during setup time. Favorites for my family were the meatballs (which we wrapped inside the flatbread), the cranberry pineapple punch, antipasto salad, peppermint chocolate cupcakes, and the spiced nut mix. No complaints about the other items, these were just our faves. Headed out to the viewing area 5 minutes before showtime & enjoyed the back of that area. We thought the gingerbread 3D glasses were lots of fun & really added to the fireworks... so 2 thumbs up from my family:)

DH and I attended the dessert party on 12/3 (party of the crazy group!) and we really enjoyed it Our only complaint was that we wanted it to be longer. It was our 2nd to last day and we were exhausted so we enjoyed having a seat for a while. I loved the gingerbread drinks and DH got a few different drinks. I also really liked the spinach dip, frostbites, chocolate cupcake, and rice krispie treats. I actually didn't even try everything because I got full.

We both really liked the show too. At times it was a lot to look at and I didn't know where to look. We stayed at the dessert party pretty late and wandered out to hang out near the back of the roped off area and that was just fine.

I am a little bummed that our picture with Santa Goofy was way too dark. I didn't think to turn the flash on and the CM who took my phone to take the picture didn't tell me they turned out bad. I probably could've caught up with them and requested another picture, but I didn't. That was just a little perk to us of booking the party, so not a huge deal.

I like the new set up, and in particular the location of the bar. I went the first night and in hindsight, it *was* tricky trying to maneuver around the space. But, it wasn't something I was particularly concerned about that night. The most difficult thing that night was how dark it was.

Disney listening to guests and then actually implementing changes really bolsters my "faith" in them. It can be so frustrating to offer constructive feedback and then to see no changes at all - like it fell on deaf ears.

Disney listening to guests and then actually implementing changes really bolsters my "faith" in them. It can be so frustrating to offer constructive feedback and then to see no changes at all - like it fell on deaf ears.
That's why you and all of us, as the guests, should email Disney when things are not up to standards and when things go above and beyond standard. A lot of people think that "there's no point in email them or contacting them, it won't change anything" but I have seen them do something about it, maybe not all the time and not for everything, but they do
Look at the fact that they are bringing SWaGS back, I'm sure it's a combination of marketing and of them listening to the guests and giving them another show to watch during the busy holiday season.

Last edited:
Absolutely! I did email them about JBJB and a couple of other things from our trip - both positive and "constructive" - and I received a phone call back to let me know my email had been received, read, and directed to appropriate persons. The CM was able to address/offer an explanation about one of my concerns himself, too. Very satisfying to know I was "heard" and even better to see changes, even if it wasn't based on my specific feedback.

OMG I just realized that the SWaGS show will be going on during the JBJB dessert party starting next Friday. That will be interesting for sure. @FastPasser have you guys had any discussion on that?
It also won't sit well with people that don't know, seeing an entire section roped off and no one using the space held for the JBJB dessert party people later

OMG I just realized that the SWaGS show will be going on during the JBJB dessert party starting next Friday. That will be interesting for sure. @FastPasser have you guys had any discussion on that?
It also won't sit well with people that don't know, seeing an entire section roped off and no one using the space held for the JBJB dessert party people later
Next Friday is the day we are attending the JBJB dessert party, so since they announced that A Galactic Spectacular was coming back that day, I've been curious how it will be handled. I would assume that since JBJB is at 7:45 and A Galactic Spectacular is at 10:30, they will just clear everything out as soon as JBJB is over; it seems there should be enough time. I am pretty surprised they haven't figured out a way to have both dessert parties in the same night, but so far I don't see anything for the Galactic Spectacular dessert party; maybe it's just too late to do that now or logistically too difficult to pull off? I am also wondering if Galactic Spectacular that night may be more lightly attended since it's such a late-announced, second show for that night...?

Friday and Saturday are late but starting on Sunday the SWaGS show is at 6:15pm until Dec 30th
Hmm, I didn't look at anything past the 12/16 date I am going initially. But, looking at 12/18 and beyond, at least for the next 3-4 days that I checked, A Galactic Spectacular is at 6:15, and JBJB is at 9:00, which still seems to be plenty of time to get the area cleared out and set up for the JBJB party in between...?

Hmm, I didn't look at anything past the 12/16 date I am going initially. But, looking at 12/18 and beyond, at least for the next 3-4 days that I checked, A Galactic Spectacular is at 6:15, and JBJB is at 9:00, which still seems to be plenty of time to get the area cleared out and set up for the JBJB party in between...?
D'oh!! I'm out of it today, you are right.

Next Friday is the day we are attending the JBJB dessert party, so since they announced that A Galactic Spectacular was coming back that day, I've been curious how it will be handled. I would assume that since JBJB is at 7:45 and A Galactic Spectacular is at 10:30, they will just clear everything out as soon as JBJB is over; it seems there should be enough time. I am pretty surprised they haven't figured out a way to have both dessert parties in the same night, but so far I don't see anything for the Galactic Spectacular dessert party; maybe it's just too late to do that now or logistically too difficult to pull off? I am also wondering if Galactic Spectacular that night may be more lightly attended since it's such a late-announced, second show for that night...?
me too. I was hoping for a SWAGS dessert party and would cancel the JBJB one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter