Jiko & Sanaa - ADR's Needed at Off Times?

lucyem

DIS Veteran
In mid October I will be staying at AKL with my 5 yr old. I would like to try Jiko or Sanaa. Is it possible to walk up without an ADR at odd times? Like at opening for Jiko in the evening or 3pm for Sanaa. My 5 yr old keeps my life unscheduled :lmao:

In mid October I will be staying at AKL with my 5 yr old. I would like to try Jiko or Sanaa. Is it possible to walk up without an ADR at odd times? Like at opening for Jiko in the evening or 3pm for Sanaa. My 5 yr old keeps my life unscheduled :lmao:

I had lots of luck with Sanaa but none with Jiko or Boma - both of these were packed at all times when I was there last week. I ate at Sanaa twice, once at 2:40 PM for a late lunch, and at 6 PM one evening with no more than a 10 minute wait either time.

The food was also fantastic!

We just got back from AKL last week. Jiko opens at 5:30 PM and is not open for lunch. We had a 5:30 PM reservation, and a walk-up couple checked in front of me, and was seated before we left the restaurant. As for Sanaa, it is a smaller restaurant, but not sure about times. One option may be to try the concierge desk and have them make a reservation. Around 2, we were able to make a 6:30 PM reservation for Sanaa the same day.

I would think Jiko at opening may be a safe bet.

I had an 11:30 reservation at Sanaa last month and it was pretty empty, although you won't get a window seat without a reservation (the first several reservations are guaranteed a window). I don't think Sanaa ever really fills up, from what I've heard.

Both of them are in my Top 5.

My DH, DD, DGS, and I had dinner at Sanaa on May 29 and had a wonderful meal. When we arrived at the restaurant it was about 1/2 full but by the time we finished, the entire restaurant was packed and there were people waiting to be seated. I don't know if it was just because it was a holiday weekend or not but they seemed to be doing a brisk business the night we were there. This was the second time we have eaten there and we have been pleased both times and the restaurant was full both times. Seeing the animals right outside the window while we were eating was a definite plus! Kids of all ages were enchanted with seeing them there. We will definitely dine there again. It was a wonderful dining experience on both occasions!

Thanks for the replies! It sounds like we should be OK just walking up at an off time. Probably more likely for Sanaa which is good since I know my son would enjoy it more. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter