"Jetlag" on the EBTA -- how bad was it?

:lmao:

I missed the pool incident as well, but I got the recap from Emily and then saw photographic proof :rotfl:

lilpooh108, don't give up on the idea of the EBTA. It was such an amazing cruise that we're hoping to do it again. But it is hard for some of us more than others. I truly see the lure of the WBTA, but we can't do it. And that's ok. I'm completely fine doing another EBTA (next year's is only 12 days, btw). You should book it, we're a fun bunch!

Actually, I should say those others are a fun bunch. We didn't really join in the group stuff, we just stuck to ourselves. And still had a total blast.

Ooooh....I really want to. I rebooked an 11A on the EBTA w/the 20% off discount for 2014 and it is such a good deal.

It will be nice to find a fun bunch! It's probably just me & my daughters next year on the EBTA and so I'd love to participate in some group things in order to have conversations that don't entirely revolve around princesses. :rotfl:

If you are looking for a cruise that you get to enjoy the ship without constantly thinking about how many days till I disembark, and you stay on board and enjoy a whole host of things such as chocolate tasting etc where you can just enjoy the company of adults for an hour or so. You can take a night off, turn in early, read a book, watch some movies and generally chill at the best cruise per dollar per night rate on DCL. It's fun for all, you will always remember these cruises above others and your kids get to see some different cultures, priceless.

Ooooh....I really want to. I rebooked an 11A on the EBTA w/the 20% off discount for 2014 and it is such a good deal.

It will be nice to find a fun bunch! It's probably just me & my daughters next year on the EBTA and so I'd love to participate in some group things in order to have conversations that don't entirely revolve around princesses. :rotfl:
I was shocked at what a great deal it was! We're trying to figure out our budget so we can do it again. I'm sad it's only 12 day :sad:. It'll still be a blast though.

We had some organizers on our meet thread who were just amazing! They really got a lot of activities going. My family and I only participated in a few. But there was a TON of stuff we could have done.

I hope you can make it.

If you can't, I'll tell you that the WBTA group seems even more involved. They didn't have the 20% off for that cruise, I guess it's selling remarkably well, and it doesn't work for our schedule. However, if it did, I'd love that one. The group of folks going on it seems pretty amazing.

If you are looking for a cruise that you get to enjoy the ship without constantly thinking about how many days till I disembark, and you stay on board and enjoy a whole host of things such as chocolate tasting etc where you can just enjoy the company of adults for an hour or so. You can take a night off, turn in early, read a book, watch some movies and generally chill at the best cruise per dollar per night rate on DCL. It's fun for all, you will always remember these cruises above others and your kids get to see some different cultures.
Excellent post!

We LOVED Madiera. So did our kids. Looking forward to going back next year and to seeing Malaga.

:lmao:

lilpooh108, don't give up on the idea of the EBTA. It was such an amazing cruise that we're hoping to do it again. But it is hard for some of us more than others. I truly see the lure of the WBTA, but we can't do it. And that's ok. I'm completely fine doing another EBTA (next year's is only 12 days, btw). You should book it, we're a fun bunch!

Actually, I should say those others are a fun bunch. We didn't really join in the group stuff, we just stuck to ourselves. And still had a total blast.

I agree don't give up yet. The relaxing sea days made it a bit easier for us to adapt. I let my girls sleep in for a bit and that helped them adjust. They also were quite the "night owls" with their friends so the extra sleep in the morning was needed.

We had an absolute blast on this cruise. Enjoyed meeting and chatting with many members of our meet thread. Great group of folks. We booked for next year too because I couldn't pass up the 20% off. Hopefully, it will work out with our schedule. :)

I agree don't give up yet. The relaxing sea days made it a bit easier for us to adapt. I let my girls sleep in for a bit and that helped them adjust. They also were quite the "night owls" with their friends so the extra sleep in the morning was needed.

We had an absolute blast on this cruise. Enjoyed meeting and chatting with many members of our meet thread. Great group of folks. We booked for next year too because I couldn't pass up the 20% off. Hopefully, it will work out with our schedule. :)

Thanks for the encouragement! The EBTA is the only one my oldest daughter can do....so we're leaning towards this one even though there are hardly any ports. Must think about it some more.

We did the Med this year and we were so busy that I REALLY missed being on the ship. We didn't do any activities at all.

I think it helps that I travel a lot for work and also do night work and day work in the same week so my body is use to adjusting to being out of whack. Plus, it was such a relaxing cruise.

I tried to stick to a schedule, however I got caught up by the party group which led to great fun and even better friends, however I did start to notice the time changes as I needed more recovery time. I got so "hacked off" with losing time each night I would pull the power cord from the alarm clock.

Emily (WVURunner) your just so fit, running everyday, us mere mortals found the time change ok to start with, but by day 4 it was bad. I bet I put more weight than your nephew, I weighed myself today a over the past 2 cruises, EBTA and a Med, I gained 16 pounds. I dont know how, but it's got to go. See you next year on deck 4.

Stevie-You in a party group? never!! I'll always remember you being "super happy" during adult flubber and I swore that poor kid's club officer crapped his pants when you made the comment to him!

And yes, sadly I am a mere mortal as I didn't run everyday, only ran 12 out of the 14 and I didn't even get a long run in and only went to one spin class. Hopefully next year I will be better! And I was always super impressed to see you on deck early in the AM. Br proud of the 16 lbs, that has to be a record! Our friend Jon gained 11 lbs on our 11 night Med cruise back in 2010.
So I did great with the weight, but the time changes were hard. StevenKay is right, WVURunner is better than us mere mortals (except when she's falling into the adult pool while fully dressed, then she's a mere mortal like the rest of us :lmao: )

In my defense, I did not fall! I was forcibly pushed into the adult pool by others who can not hold the booze as well as I can!

You guys are hilarious!

Lilpooh108, I absolutely agree with Stevie in that this is a sailing that is remarkable and memorable. Feeling relaxed (not rushed), completely unplugged, and having the opportunity to do so many activities was truly the best part of the cruise. I also love Europa so getting "dropped off" in Barcelona was a bonus.

Also, these guys I think are referring to the running club, which met on deck 4 every morning. I didn't participate in that, but I did go to the gym every day that wasn't a port day, and that was also fabulous. No rushing, plenty of time to fit it in. DH got a personal trainer, which worked out marvelously. He actually lost 15 lbs. on the cruise! Now mind you, he also went on a crazy diet (eating only grilled chicken or salmon, double veg, no starch for dinners). That was not smart or fun IMO, but it was what he chose to do and could do it because the environment was more controlled. Having all that extra time to spend with Andre really helped, though!

You guys are hilarious!

Lilpooh108, I absolutely agree with Stevie in that this is a sailing that is remarkable and memorable. Feeling relaxed (not rushed), completely unplugged, and having the opportunity to do so many activities was truly the best part of the cruise. I also love Europa so getting "dropped off" in Barcelona was a bonus.

Also, these guys I think are referring to the running club, which met on deck 4 every morning. I didn't participate in that, but I did go to the gym every day that wasn't a port day, and that was also fabulous. No rushing, plenty of time to fit it in. DH got a personal trainer, which worked out marvelously. He actually lost 15 lbs. on the cruise! Now mind you, he also went on a crazy diet (eating only grilled chicken or salmon, double veg, no starch for dinners). That was not smart or fun IMO, but it was what he chose to do and could do it because the environment was more controlled. Having all that extra time to spend with Andre really helped, though!

Running during the cruise! I will have to tell DH about this thread. He was supposed to start training for the Disneyland Half and let's just say, the cruise didn't help with that :laughing:

I can't believe your husband LOST 15 pounds on the cruise! I didn't gain this time only from all the walking we did in the ports, but losing... :faint:

kaseyC, some of my best times were just hanging out and talking to you :wave2:

Thanks for the encouragement! The EBTA is the only one my oldest daughter can do....so we're leaning towards this one even though there are hardly any ports. Must think about it some more.

We did the Med this year and we were so busy that I REALLY missed being on the ship. We didn't do any activities at all.
I had more fun on the EBTA than the Med cruise, for various reasons, but one of the reasons was getting to just hang out with my family and enjoy the slow pace of the sea days!

Stevie-You in a party group? never!! I'll always remember you being "super happy" during adult flubber and I swore that poor kid's club officer crapped his pants when you made the comment to him!

And yes, sadly I am a mere mortal as I didn't run everyday, only ran 12 out of the 14 and I didn't even get a long run in and only went to one spin class. Hopefully next year I will be better! And I was always super impressed to see you on deck early in the AM. Br proud of the 16 lbs, that has to be a record! Our friend Jon gained 11 lbs on our 11 night Med cruise back in 2010.
In my defense, I did not fall! I was forcibly pushed into the adult pool by others who can not hold the booze as well as I can!
What was Stevie's comment? :listen:

I'm still laughing about your retelling of the pool incident!

You guys are hilarious!

Your husband :worship:

My husband worked out a ton and still gained weight. I can't imagine what would have happened if he hadn't worked out! (My guy is a super athlete, but he's also got an eating disorder, he just can't stop eating :rotfl: Generally speaking, his tremendous workouts keep him super slim, but he was eating two dinners and three desserts most nights :faint: )

I had resisted booking a DisneyTransatlantic cruise because of the lack of ports. However, I ended up loving the recent EBTA due to the many activities onboard and the relaxed pace. Although this wasn't my all-time favorite cruise, it was my favorite for the onboard ship life. :)

Each of the 7 time changes was on a sea day, so they didn't have much of an effect on me. I still rolled out of bed ~ 7:15 most mornings to walk 2-3 miles around deck 4. I also took naps during the day to compensate for the time changes. However, I don't drink, and I wasn't part of the late-night party crowd. I stayed up for a few of the 10:15 p.m. adult shows (Magic 29's Broadway review, John Charles, and Viva Voce), but otherwise went to bed by 11 p.m.

I can't go on either Transatlantic in 2014, and I doubt DCL will return to Europe 3 years in a row (in 2015) - but I'd definitely book another Disney Transatlantic cruise!

Your husband :worship:

He did try very hard, but according to Andre's printout, he needs to lose 46 lbs. so he has a ways to go. He also gained some of it back in Barcelona and since coming home and working like crazy and not working out. I am not super fit by any means, but I exercise regularly and all that walking also helped. I lost one pound in our 3 1/2 weeks of travel so rock on!

I can't go on either Transatlantic in 2014, and I doubt DCL will return to Europe 3 years in a row (in 2015) - but I'd definitely book another Disney Transatlantic cruise!

Wait a sec, I thought they did the TA every year, because they do the Med cruises every year??? Or did I miss something? Haha. Please forgive me, prior to last year, we just did WDW and DLR twice a year, and I didn't know what I was missing on DCL!

Please tell me there will be more TAs!

Each of the 7 time changes was on a sea day, so they didn't have much of an effect on me.

Ok. Hold the boat. I'm terrible at math.

This entire time I thought that you lost one hour PER day. As in each day you dial back an hour. As in, I will lose 12 hours on the 12 night EBTA.

Is this not true? It's only the on the Sea Days? I'm from the West Coast and I get my time zones all confused when I hit Europe.

Well if that's true my DD can (and excuse me here) suck it up. OMG seriously? Cuz it's probably on at this point :rotfl:

Wait a sec, I thought they did the TA every year, because they do the Med cruises every year??? Or did I miss something? Haha. Please forgive me, prior to last year, we just did WDW and DLR twice a year, and I didn't know what I was missing on DCL!

DCL hasn't gone to Europe every year. They went in 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013, and will go in 2014. I don't think they will go for a 3rd year in a row in 2015, but I'd like to be wrong about that.

Ok. Hold the boat. I'm terrible at math.

This entire time I thought that you lost one hour PER day. As in each day you dial back an hour. As in, I will lose 12 hours on the 12 night EBTA.

Is this not true? It's only the on the Sea Days? I'm from the West Coast and I get my time zones all confused when I hit Europe.

Well if that's true my DD can (and excuse me here) suck it up. OMG seriously? Cuz it's probably on at this point :rotfl:

You lose an hour for every time zone you cross. Barcelona is 7 time zones ahead of Galveston (central time zone), so there were 7 time changes on the May TA - all on the nights preceding a sea day. In 2014, the EBTA will depart from FL, so there will be 6 days that you lose one hour.

You lose an hour for every time zone you cross. Barcelona is 7 time zones ahead of Galveston (central time zone), so there were 7 time changes on the May TA - all on the nights preceding a sea day. In 2014, the EBTA will depart from FL, so there will be 6 days that you lose one hour.

Yup. We lost 12 hours, because we are from Hawaii. From the west coast, you will lose 9, but two of them would've been flying to TX.

DCL hasn't gone to Europe every year. They went in 2007, 2010, 2011, 2013, and will go in 2014. I don't think they will go for a 3rd year in a row in 2015, but I'd like to be wrong about that.

Where did they go instead? More Caribbean/Bahamas? Yuck.

Thank you Nancy. I actually think 6 hours over 12 days is doable.

And I'm embarrassed to say that at one point in my life, I did attend college. It was a state school, but still. ;)

He did try very hard, but according to Andre's printout, he needs to lose 46 lbs. so he has a ways to go. He also gained some of it back in Barcelona and since coming home and working like crazy and not working out. I am not super fit by any means, but I exercise regularly and all that walking also helped. I lost one pound in our 3 1/2 weeks of travel so rock on!

DCL first did the Med in 2007. Since then the Magic has been home-ported in PC, NYC, and back to Barcelona a couple of times. But it's uncertain that the Med cruises will continue to be an every year occurrence.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter