Jet Blue Glitch?

Mousemommy1

DIS Veteran
I have been stalking airfare for my August trip for months....I have never waited so long to book. I am not sure if it's a glitch, but the airfare that has consistently been hovering around $2500 for the 5 of us, I booked today for $864.05!!! NON-STOP, ROUND-TRIP FROM BOS-MCO FOR FIVE PEOPLE!!!! That is insane. If you are looking for airfare still, I'd check out JB!

Probably not a glitch you just never know with airfare. I had been looking at July and it was holding steady at around $164 each way. When I finally booked my room I went back on JB to book and the flight down had gone up to $264. After two weeks it went back down to $164 and I booked, that may have been on a Monday as well. The next day it was back to $264.

I have been stalking airfare for my August trip for months....I have never waited so long to book. I am not sure if it's a glitch, but the airfare that has consistently been hovering around $2500 for the 5 of us, I booked today for $864.05!!! NON-STOP, ROUND-TRIP FROM BOS-MCO FOR FIVE PEOPLE!!!! That is insane. If you are looking for airfare still, I'd check out JB!

I saw it from BOS too, I just don't know if I want to book blue basic. Did you pay extra for seats? We are Mosiac so I can make changes for free, I would have to give that up with blue basic. Tough decision because I did get my seats at a good price, but not quite as good as what they are offering now.

Last edited:

I saw it from BOS too, I just don't know if I want to book blue basic. Did you pay extra for seats? We are Mosiac so I can make changes for free, I would have to give that up with blue basic. Tough decision because I did get my seats at a good price, but not quite as good as what they are offering now.

I did do Blue Basic and paid for the seats, but that only added $92, which is still under $1k and really cheap. I always do blue basic because DH is military and we don't pay baggage fees.

$92 for five is a good price. :thumbsup2 I was told it would be $25 each for seat assignments for May. I'm still toying with moving our trip by two weeks to take advantage of it. I'll be able to get back 10,000 points if I do it, but I really wanted to see Daughtry perform at Epcot. :rotfl2:

I ended up doing it. :rotfl:

The new flight down was 4400 less in points pp then my original one. So I used points instead of cash just in case I want an earlier flight, I can change it without penalty.

I booked Blue Basic with travel credits for the flight home. I liked the time so I shouldn't need to change it. Also the seats were just $11 each so I splurged. ;);)

So I ended up with still having $25 left in credit and got back 10K in points. I'll miss you Chris Daughtry. :rockband:

Last edited:

I ended up doing it. :rotfl:

The new flight down was 4400 less in points pp then my original one. So I used points instead of cash just in case I want an earlier flight, I can without penalty.

I booked Blue Basic with travel credits for the flight home. I liked the time so I shouldn't need to change it. Also the seats were just $11 each so I splurged. ;);)

So I ended up with still having $25 left in credit and got back 10K in points. I'll miss you Chris Daughtry. :rockband:

That's awesome - yeah the $92 for 5 seats for BOTH flights was nothing!! Glad you found a good deal!

I’m waiting for JB to open for November. We’ve strictly flow SW for years out of MHT because of the non stop flight SW doesn’t have out of Boston. I’d rebook with SW if the points dropped and the points would go back into my account. Can you do the same with JB? I have the JB Mastercard and will be booking using points I’ve only flow JB a few times and I’m not fully sure how their points system works.

$92 for five is a good price. :thumbsup2 I was told it would be $25 each for seat assignments for May. I'm still toying with moving our trip by two weeks to take advantage of it. I'll be able to get back 10,000 points if I do it, but I really wanted to see Daughtry perform at Epcot. :rotfl2:

I booked basic for June and the seat prices are different depending where you sit. Midway is cheaper and back is the cheapest. Our prices dca to mco ranged from $5 a seat to $8 a seat. Very affordable and the price was cheaper than the next level. Keeping in mind that you are the last to board so there will be very little to no overhead left. I have the Jetblue plus card so get free luggage

I booked basic for June and the seat prices are different depending where you sit. Midway is cheaper and back is the cheapest. Our prices dca to mco ranged from $5 a seat to $8 a seat. Very affordable and the price was cheaper than the next level. Keeping in mind that you are the last to board so there will be very little to no overhead left. I have the Jetblue plus card so get free luggage

I just picked the middle without knowing! I should've tried more options!

We have the free luggage too, but my husband was worried if he would still get the free alcohol with Mosaic and thankfully he does. That could've been a game changer. :drinking1

I just picked the middle without knowing! I should've tried more options!

We have the free luggage too, but my husband was worried if he would still get the free alcohol with Mosaic and thankfully he does. That could've been a game changer. :drinking1

👍🏻

I’m waiting for JB to open for November. We’ve strictly flow SW for years out of MHT because of the non stop flight SW doesn’t have out of Boston. I’d rebook with SW if the points dropped and the points would go back into my account. Can you do the same with JB? I have the JB Mastercard and will be booking using points I’ve only flow JB a few times and I’m not fully sure how their points system works.

They will rebook points but there is a cancelation fee. So now we have the Jetblue Plus card and put EVERYTHING on it, down to a cup of coffee. If you spend 50K a year you become Mosaic and can cancel for free. We travel a lot so it works for us. Also when I am less than 24 hours to my flight I can change to whatever flight I want even if it's significantly more expensive. It worked out well for us last month when our original flight was delayed for 3 hours. I just moved us to the next flight for free.

I'd expect to keep seeing airfare decline. The travel market is already seeing an impact from the coronavirus crisis in the U.S., and it's likely to get much worse. Airlines are panicking.

Airfare for the flight I'm watching has been exactly the same. Not fun when the nearest airport doesn't have a lot of competition to keep prices down.

I'd expect to keep seeing airfare decline. The travel market is already seeing an impact from the coronavirus crisis in the U.S., and it's likely to get much worse. Airlines are panicking.

I just booked a last min trip from BOS to MCO on points for next WED (not for Disney but IMO just as good though- heading to the NHRA Drag races in Gainesville). When I booked on Monday it was 13000 points or $179, yesterday it went down to 10,700 or $149. Today it dropped to 2700 points or $38 cash!!! It's the only day next week that has flights that cheap though.

We just booked jetBlue "Blue" from BOS to MCO in October for 4 people with 3 checked bags roundtrip for $811.20.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter