*Jessica & Jared* 06/17/08>Wedding PJ< *We're Back & Married!*

Jessbell34

Mouseketeer
Well, here I go... my attempt to start my Disney Wedding Planning Journal! I have read so many fabulous PJs and TRs, so I wanted to contribute to the club also! I am a little intimidated, but I will try to do my best!

Where is all started!

Jared and I met in 1999 while working at Kmart together. I would love to say it was love at first sight, but no! I was a senior in high school and he was attending a local community college. He just didn’t hit my radar, but I am pretty sure I hit his! My first impression of Jared was as "the thin, squirrelly, outgoing comedian guy that worked in the sporting goods department". I didn't pay much attention due to senior year activities, until I found him waiting for me by my car after work one evening, looking quite nervous... very out of his character. He asked me if I would like to go to see a movie with him that evening, and feeling his nervousness I said yes! Our first date was that very evening. He took me to see the great, new movie at the time: The Sixth Sense…. if that tells you anything! :happytv: After that night, I wasn’t too interested still, but I could tell he was. He called me frequently each week for the next few months, and we went on little dinner and movie dates every couple of weeks, but I wasn’t head-over-heels….yet! HE WAS! Then it happened! It was early January 2000, (our first date “The Sixth Sense” date had been in August 1999) and we were on one of our little friendly dates when we decided to go to Wal-Mart… don’t ask me why! We were playing around with the fun kids’ toys in the toy aisle and I came across a fabulous Eeyore Plush that sang a dreary song! :eeyore: I loved it so much that I was tickled to tears! Jared was very delighted by my obsession over this Eeyore and he referred to it frequently after that night. Before that he didn’t realize my passion for all things Disney, but he received a little taste that day. During our next date, he told me he had a present to give me and low-and-behold, it was the Dreary Eeyore that I fell in love with.
eeyore-standup.jpg

From that point on we had an obsession with Eeyore! Anytime we saw anything Eeyore we had to buy it… it got so bad that our families joined in. We developed quite a collection of Eeyore memorabilia over the next few months and then one Eeyore item caught my attention. On our first Christmas as a couple (2000), everyone close to us was aware of our sudden Eeyore thing, and they must have all shopped at the Disney Store that year because I received four of the same mini-Eeyore-snowglobe. Then I fell in love with Disney mini-snowglobes and to this day I now have over 300 of them. Yes, I have an overwhelming collection of Disney snowglobes. After all of this rambling… I promise I have a point. Disney has been a part of my life since I was a child, but it is a huge part of Jared’s and my relationship. :earsgirl: :earsboy: In 2003, we finally saved enough money to make our first trip to Walt Disney World…
DisneyPhotoImage8.jpg

We loved it so much we have been back every year since. He proposed to me at Disney World in August of 2005, one of the happiest days of my life. I was very surprised and caught off guard. He popped the question as we were flying around the Magic Kingdom on the back of Dumbo! :dumbo: Yes, he proposed to me while riding Dumbo the Flying Elephant!
100_0977.jpg

As we where imagining our wedding, we could not think of any place more perfect than to be married at Walt Disney World. :bride: :groom: So… in June 2008, Jared and I will be married at Disney’s Sea Breeze Point, witnessed by a small group of family and friends. I hope you enjoy reading about our wedding preparations throughout the next several months! I know it will be my Year of a Million Dreams!
DisneyPhotoImage36.jpg

Congrats to you! I am so excited to read your planning journal! Dumbo is one of my favorite characters! He chose a good proposal spot! Your pics are so cute too. Have fun with your planning!

Thank you girls for the replies... I am so excited to get more into my planning explanations! It will be a fun next few months!

Here is a small taste of my (our) Disney obsession!

100_4865.jpg
100_4862.jpg
100_4864.jpg

100_4863.jpg
100_4866.jpg
100_4869.jpg

100_4867.jpg

I know I've found my soul mate, when a man will put up with this! :scared:

Wedding Planning to come... I promise!

Here are the basic wedding ceremony/reception plans so far:

Wedding: Disney Escape Wedding

Wedding Date: June 17, 2008
Wedding Location: Sea Breeze Point – Disney’s Boardwalk Resort
Reception Lunch: Captain’s Grille – Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Wedding Coordinator: Kathleen Reynolds
Officiate: Reverend Tim Herring
Photography: Randy Chapman (Thanks to all the girls on Disboards)
Magic Kingdom Photo Session: Disney Photography
Hair/Make-up: Ana Rivera, Beaute Speciale (Thanks to all the girls on Disboards)
Wedding Dress: David’s Bridal
Maid-of-Honor Attire: David’s Bridal
Wedding Colors: Peridot Green and Pale Yellow
Floral: Tussy Mussy Bouquet and Boutonniere

Here is my Tussy Mussy Bouquet and Boutonniere:

tussymussy.jpg

Here is my Maid-of-Honor's Dress:

bridesmaid.jpg

Here is MY DRESS:

t9303dress.jpg

2007145.jpg

4thGrade056.jpg

YAY!! Welcome and Congratulations. Your dress is beautiful. I can't wait to see more.

I love your dating/engagement story...it's so sweet! I can't wait to hear more about your planning!

Wedding Week Events!
We are not planning to schedule a lot of wedding related get-togethers through the week of our wedding because we really want our guests to be able to enjoy the Disney Parks at their leisure. The only day that we are requiring our guests to be anywhere is the wedding day… for the ceremony and the reception lunch. I have debated and debated about planning fun things like the Epcot Dessert Party or a welcome dinner, but I finally decided against it. We are informing our guests about the parks we will be attending each day, but it will be up to them whether they will join us or not. I really want them to have a relaxing vacation with a wedding on the side. Many of our guests have never been to Walt Disney World and I want them to have as much time to experience it as possible.
I am very excited about our resorts and our honeymoon plans. We are staying at Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter. We have stayed at Riverside, but never French Quarter.

POFQ.jpg

We will be staying five nights at POFQ , through our wedding, and then we are leaving for our very first Disney Cruise! :sail: HURRAY! We are so excited!! We are taking a four-day, three-night cruise that will port at Nassau and Disney’s Castaway Cay.

Cruise.jpg

After our amazing cruise we will be returning to Walt Disney World for another four days and three nights! During our second round of Disney World we are staying at the resort of my dreams. I have always wanted to stay at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge and now I will get my chance! I think I am more excited about our stay at Wilderness more than anything else… except the wedding of course!

wilderness-lodge_lg.jpg

Jared and I are from Southwest Missouri and WE ARE driving to and from Disney! :drive: Yes… we are crazy, but we have done it every year since our first trip! Jared has never flown before and I haven’t since I was twelve, so we are more comfortable with the drive. Plus, we plan on transporting many, many items for the wedding, clothes to last us for two weeks, and room to spare for souvenirs. Driving is the best bet! So after our wonderfully long Disney vacation, we will still have a two day drive back home! WEEW!!:scared:

jessica, everything looks great! congrats! i think it's romantic that you're going to drive to and from wdw! take it from me, we checked a ton of baggage and had even more coming back (not the plan), driving almost would have been easier...

jessica, everything looks great! congrats! i think it's romantic that you're going to drive to and from wdw! take it from me, we checked a ton of baggage and had even more coming back (not the plan), driving almost would have been easier...

Thanks Caryn! I have been intently reading your PJ and now I am so excited to read your continuing TR! It sounds like you had a great start to your wedding trip! I can't wait to read more!

Jessica - Everything looks great! Your wedding is the day before mine :yay: (I think we did that in the June brides thread!) We are arriving at Disney the same day as you too!! I wish we were going on the cruise too, but no- not this time- you'll have to intrigue us with all the details!!

Looking forward to MORE!

You'll love WL, we stayed there last May. I think I might like it even better than the BC.

I am sorry it has been so long since I have posted, but I have accomplished quite a few wedding details within the past couple weeks. I had my phone appointment with Rosie from Disney’s Floral and Photography. I officially reported my wedding colors to her and we discussed my bouquet, Jared’s and my dad’s boutonniere and our Magic Kingdom Photo Session. I did decide on the Tussy Mussy Bouquet, like I reported above. Since my wedding colors are very similar to the pictured bouquet and boutonniere, we are not making many changes. The only difference between my bouquet and the one pictured is mine will have pale yellow roses instead of white. This will tie in my pale yellow, white and pale green colors. I also decided to switch the boutonnieres to a single pale yellow rose from the pictured Tussy Mussy version. I thought the roses would be more masculine for my groom and my dad.

tussymussy.jpg

The most exciting thing we discussed was our Magic Kingdom Photo Session. Since I am using Randy Chapman for my ceremony photography, I get to replace the original Disney Ceremony Photography with a Disney Photo Session. Jared and I of course decided on a Magic Kingdom Photo Session. We planned it for a morning on the second phase of our Walt Disney World trip. When we return from our Disney Cruise, after our family leaves, we will have more time to enjoy it. I am very excited. Now, I just have to think about what Jared and I should wear.
I also had my first planning session with my wedding coordinator, Kathleen Reynolds, yesterday. She cleared up a few questions I had about the limousine rides, the cake reception, and substituting three bottles of cider for the one bottle of fairytale cuvee. We aren’t really alcohol drinkers. I also found out from our conversation that I really don’t have too much more planning to do, which is a relief. That is another bonus about having an Disney Escape Wedding. They pretty much do everything for you.
Throughout the past few weeks I also created and made my wedding invitations. I was stressing out about this originally because I could not find any invitation kits that made 10-15 invitations. All I could find was expensive packages that made 50-100 invitations. I did not want to waste my money when I really only needed about twelve. I eventually found some scrapbook materials and made my own. I was quite proud of myself. I ended up making about 15 invitations for only 25 cents apiece. Better than fifty dollars for a kit that I would only use ten percent of.

100_4873a.jpg

I also made my maid-of-honor’s bouquet this weekend. I am praying it doesn’t look too tacky with my real flowers in my bouquet, but I just wanted my sister to be able to keep her bouquet. I also purchased little glass slippers from Hobby Lobby and decided to put wedding mints in mesh baggies and tie them in the slippers. I plan to hand these out to my guests at our reception lunch. I also found perfect little picture frames (I think they are suppose to be place-card holders, but I am using them as frames) that look like little Cinderella Coaches. I am going to put a picture of Jared and I in each one and give them to our guests along with the glass slippers. We are also doing the bubble thing instead of petals, because I don’t want to have to track down and pick up all the petals every throws. So bubbles are the way to go for us. I tied little yellow and green ribbons around one. Each of these items are in the picture I am posting.

goodies.jpg

Last, but not least is my newsletter. I sent each of my guests an introduction newsletter in September and today I created my second one. It will inform them of our daily itinerary, good deals on transportation, the Disney FASTPASS, The Year of a Million Dreams, Extra Magic Hours, Disney Property Transportation, and Disney’s PhotoPass. The majority of my guests have never been to Walt Disney World, so I am trying to inform them about all the goodies they may not know otherwise.

news-1.jpg

If anyone has any other ideas that I can send to my guests or information that I can tell them that I might be missing, please let me know. I want this event to be as smooth for my guests as possible.

Aww jessica I love everything!!! I love your dress,so gorgeous!!!

I have Kathleen as my planner as well,I love her!! We are using Tim Herring too!!!! And Randy of course :)

If you don't mind me asking,where did you get the layout for your newsletter,I am trying to work on mine and I have no idea where to start.

Aww jessica I love everything!!! I love your dress,so gorgeous!!!

I have Kathleen as my planner as well,I love her!! We are using Tim Herring too!!!! And Randy of course :)

If you don't mind me asking,where did you get the layout for your newsletter,I am trying to work on mine and I have no idea where to start.

Lynn.... I actually created my own newsletter layout through MSWord. I am an elementary teacher and send weekly newsletter to my students and parents. So, I just enhanced the one I created for school. If there is a way I can send it to you I will. Just let me know. Thank you for the wonderful comments. :rotfl: That is so neat that we have Kathleen, Randy, and Rev. Herring in common. Great minds think alike!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter