Jedi Training?

ajrwdwgirl

DIS Veteran
Hi there. I have a friend going to WDW next week and her son is interested in doing the Jedi Training but I have no clue how that works or if it is even still going. I read somewhere that it might be ending, but it looks like it is still on the entertainment schedule for December 18. I was thinking that she and her family would still have time to rope drop Slinky Dog and maybe do the other attractions in Toy Story land and still have luck signing up for Jedi. Would this be good advice for her? Thanks for any help. I don't travel to WDW with kids young enough to do this so I don't have any clue about it.

It is still an attraction.
Reports are that on an "average" attendance day, what you described should be possible.

To be "safer," I'd not ride anything but Slinky Dog, then go sign up for Jedi Training.

The child(ren) who will be participating must be with the adult doing the signing.

if you are planning to spend the day there and don't mind a late show then you should be able to spend some time at TSL and then sign up. TSL opening has taken a lot of the pressure off of jedi training and people are reporting finding open slots very late into the day.

The rumor it was going away was published last year or something and never came to fruition and then resurfaced here as if new a while back. I don't think it's closing any time soon.

It is still an attraction.
Reports are that on an "average" attendance day, what you described should be possible.

To be "safer," I'd not ride anything but Slinky Dog, then go sign up for Jedi Training.

The child(ren) who will be participating must be with the adult doing the signing.

if you are planning to spend the day there and don't mind a late show then you should be able to spend some time at TSL and then sign up. TSL opening has taken a lot of the pressure off of jedi training and people are reporting finding open slots very late into the day.

The rumor it was going away was published last year or something and never came to fruition and then resurfaced here as if new a while back. I don't think it's closing any time soon.

Thank you both for the feedback. I will pass along your advice to my friend. I know her son really wants to do this.

I would say if anything, it would close sometime next year to be moved into Galaxy's Edge, but with that opening delayed into late 2019, who knows. With its popularity, I doubt Disney would permanently close it anytime soon.

We were there the week after thanksgiving, and did something similar. DHS had Extra Magic Hours that morning and we rope dropped SDD and used FP+ for TSMM. We left TSL around 9:30, and the earliest Jedi Training was 4:15.

We did this last Saturday, December 8. We rope dropped Slinky Dog (got to park at 8:05, so could be in front of the line), rode Aliens with next to no wait and then used FP for Toy Story (scheduled from 9-10am). We were able to be at Jedi sign ups around 9:40. Choices left for many show times. We did the 1:40 show, but could have choosen earlier if we wanted. Just FYI, we could jump on Star Tours (which is right next door) with no wait after we signed up.

Good to hear that there are options even if we don't show up right away. DGD and friend want to do it in the spring and I'm thinking we will need to RD SDD since we will be off site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter