Jedi training question

jcdeberry

Mouseketeer
Hi all, we did Jedi Training last year in May. We got there before opening on an EMH day and when they dropped the rope, we walked quickly to the signup and still had a 40 minute wait. Am I correct that things are a little different this year? The day we are going is a non-emh day this year in May.

We got in 15 minutes before opening,(non emh day), went straight there, waited on line for 45 mins and got a late afternoon time slot. I suspect a lot of people came from the character breakfast at Hollywood and Vine. The line was longer than 3 years ago.

WOW, maybe we will skip this, I don't really want to drag four kids out of bed (night owls) to stand in line and get a late afternoon spot. A few yrs back we get there and were in the second show but that was just one child

I doubt the crowd resulted from H&V breakfast. H&V guests can sign up for Jedi training at 8:00 on a non-emh day before they go in and eat.

If you get to the gate by 8:15, you will be one of the first to sign up, and be well on your way to the rides in short order. If you arrive at the gate after 8:30, you will have a long wait to sign up. Josh at easywdw shows timed pre-opening crowd pictures and how they build up prior to opening.

So, if we are there by 8:15, where do we stand? Last year they let people in but roped everyone just inside until opening. We were in a mass of people. Do you suggest getting as close to front as possible on the left hand side?

Do you suggest getting as close to front as possible on the left hand side?
Yes. I most recently did this in November. Arrived about 8:15 and lined up at a turnstile toward the left (we were about 3rd family in line for that turnstile). They opened the gates around 8:45 and everyone proceeded to JTA sign ups. We waited less than 5 minutes to sign up and had our choice of time slots.

Josh mentioned that when people are let in, they hold them until opening but let Jedi training go to sign ups. Is that true? Does it put you at a disadvantage to tour rest of park? One I signup, which ride should I go to next-RNRC or TSM?

Josh mentioned that when people are let in, they hold them until opening but let Jedi training go to sign ups. Is that true? Does it put you at a disadvantage to tour rest of park? One I signup, which ride should I go to next-RNRC or TSM?
Josh is right :) If you get there early it will not put you at a disadvantage. We were able to sign up for JTA and still make it to the rope heading to TSMM before they let people into that area. I would get FP+ for one of those (TSMM or RNRC) then head to the other one at RD.

On spring break last month we arrived at 8, they let us in at 820, we were about 10th in line for Jedi Training sign-ups. It took just a few minutes and we had our pick of times. The line was really long behind us. Shockingly long lol We stood to the far left and once they were done with the breakfast people we hopped into that line.

Josh is right :) If you get there early it will not put you at a disadvantage. We were able to sign up for JTA and still make it to the rope heading to TSMM before they let people into that area. I would get FP+ for one of those (TSMM or RNRC) then heggead to the other one at RD

Last edited:
On spring break last month we arrived at 8, they let us in at 820, we were about 10th in line for Jedi Training sign-ups. It took just a few minutes and we had our pick of times. The line was really long behind us. Shockingly long lol We stood to the far left and once they were done with the breakfast people we hopped into that line.

So if we make a 8:15 am dining reservation we can get in, sign up and then go eat?

Dumb question...if you're coming from the resorts, what's the earliest bus you can take in most cases?

We were there last august by 815. We stood to the left and they let us in a bit early for signups. We had the 1030ish or 11 show. We were done signing up at 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter