Jedi Training on Early EMH Morning

Indecisive

Mouseketeer
Hi all. Sorry for another Jedi Training sign-up question. I took a look through some recent posts and couldn't find the current intel (although I am sure it is somewhere and I am just missing it!).

How have Jedi Training sign-ups been working recently on early EMH mornings? Can you sign up before/during EMH, or do you need to wait until the general park opening time?

Thank you!

Hi all. Sorry for another Jedi Training sign-up question. I took a look through some recent posts and couldn't find the current intel (although I am sure it is somewhere and I am just missing it!).

How have Jedi Training sign-ups been working recently on early EMH mornings? Can you sign up before/during EMH, or do you need to wait until the general park opening time?

Thank you!
You can sign up during EMH - it's a perk for onsite guests.

The Jedi Training sessions remain on their same schedule.

You can sign up during EMH - it's a perk for onsite guests.

The Jedi Training sessions remain on their same schedule.

Thank you! I know that when we were last there in 2014, there were no sign-ups during EMH, so it is good to know this has changed. Thanks!

Just a warning - we signed up for Jedi Training during EMH at the beginning of March and it was horrible! Everyone seemed to go right there and we waited over 30 minutes to sign up (vs. regular opening at rope drop we waited 10 minutes). Two days later we signed up before our PPO breakfast at Hollywood & Vine with no wait! Definitely the way to go if you can!

Just a warning - we signed up for Jedi Training during EMH at the beginning of March and it was horrible! Everyone seemed to go right there and we waited over 30 minutes to sign up (vs. regular opening at rope drop we waited 10 minutes). Two days later we signed up before our PPO breakfast at Hollywood & Vine with no wait! Definitely the way to go if you can!

Oh no! That's terrible! If you don't mind me asking, how far back from the turnstiles were you? I wonder if I could prevent this from happening by being there plenty early before EMH starts?

We were there 15 minutes before EMH started (intended to be there earlier but a new bus driver actually made a wrong turn out of Poly and delayed us by over 30 min - he had a bus full of Jedi trainees so it was stressful!) I would say 40+ back in the line from the point of entry. Plenty early would be fine I'm sure. I was just surprised how busy it was for the sign up since I thought I was being smart by choosing that day to begin with!

Oh no! That's terrible! If you don't mind me asking, how far back from the turnstiles were you? I wonder if I could prevent this from happening by being there plenty early before EMH starts?

We arrived about 30 minutes before EMH open and we were already 20+ back from the front of the line and even worse as we filed into the main boulevard. Lots of parents were stressed about making it to the sign-ups on time. I regretted not doing the pre-RD H&V breakfast like @Amv209614 recommended. That is a much easier and less stressful way to go. Thankfully, my DS5 told me he actually didn't want to do JTA when we went through the tapstiles so we hit TSM twice instead :-)

Thank you to all! This is helpful to know. My kids would *like* to do JTA, but it is not a must-do. Maybe I will ask them if they would rather hit the other EMH attractions first and then we can circle back to JTA before the general park opening to see how the line is and if there are slots available. If it does not work out, I think my kids would be okay with it. I don't think they want to spend so much of EMH in line for JTA, nor will they want to get to the park THAT crazy early before EMH. Thank you!

We have a PPO ADR at H&V, so we can sign up at JTA prior to checking in at the restaurant? Our reservation is for 8:40 am...what's the earliest time we'll be allowed through the gate? Originally I was going to send DH ahead with my DS while I checked in for breakfast, but if we can all go together to sign up, I'd probably feel less stressed out about it!

We have a PPO ADR at H&V, so we can sign up at JTA prior to checking in at the restaurant? Our reservation is for 8:40 am...what's the earliest time we'll be allowed through the gate? Originally I was going to send DH ahead with my DS while I checked in for breakfast, but if we can all go together to sign up, I'd probably feel less stressed out about it!
You could probably get there early, and send the hubby over to get in line. Just a heads up though, they want the child to be there for sign ups for a few questions. I guess they had some kids chicken out after their parents signed them up without their knowledge. Now the kid has to be present. Not the whole time in line, but for the signup.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter