Jedi training in February

javamoma

<font color=deeppink>Diz Kid for Life<br><font col
We will at DHS on a Tuesday in February that is not near a holiday or marathon weekend. How hard will it be to get a spot for my child to participate in Jedi training?

Same procedure as always, if you arrive at DHS 30 min. before opening time, and head directly to the JT sign-ups with the child, you will be OK.

On some days: the sign-ups can continue for an hour or more before being gone.
On other days: you snooze, you lose.

BTW, your countdown calendar in your post indicates that you will be "DISNEY BOUND" in JUNE.

Last edited:
It's important to remember that the number of spots for Jedi Training is a set number, and so actual crowd levels don't have a lot of impact on if you can get a spot or not. It can be a crowd level 2, but if it's a homeschool week and there's a horde of kids it could be harder than, say, a Dapper Day, which is really crowded, but may not have the same level of demand for a Jedi spot. (Maybe. Many kids are dapper. But my point is that crowd level doesn't necessarily describe crowd makeup.)

Get there really early. When we did it with my oldest it wasn't as well known and we signed up at 9:45 for an afternoon slot with no issues. Two weeks ago on an average crowd level day they only had waitlists by 9:30 and they sign up more kids now than they used to.

I have a 4 yr old that does know some of the Star Wars characters. If asked he says he loves Star Wars. Do you think it is something he would enjoy it would it be too advanced?

I have a 4 yr old that does know some of the Star Wars characters. If asked he says he loves Star Wars. Do you think it is something he would enjoy it would it be too advanced?
Most of the littler kids I saw doing Jedi Training seemed to be doing it because their parents were interested, not because they were really understanding what was going on.

My niece was 6 when she did Jedi Training. She does not care much for Star Wars but wanted to do it so she could tell her 4 year old brother (he was not with us on the trip) about it. My niece talked about the experience for quite some time afterwards. She had a lot of fun. Her 4 year old brother saw the video and pictures and he talks about it a lot too. He is impressed his sister fought Darth Vader. The actual stuff the kids did was not real advance. They taught the kids a simple combination to do when fighting the bad guys and they coached the kids when they were fighting the bad guys. I think a four year old would enjoy it. Plus, it's a free experience so even if they don't enjoy it, you didn't lose any money. The only thing I would caution is the kids go to the stage without their parents being on the stage with them. So, if your child is easily scared it may not be something for him. You could always sign up for a later show and watch an earlier show to see his interest in it.

Honestly, I think it depends on how brave the kid is, not how much they like Star Wars. There's a reason they don't let kids younger than 4 take part.
At 4 DS loved it, had a great time and was thrilled to fight Darth Vader. However, he wasn't at all afraid of him. DD at 4, on the other hand, was excited to sign up, had a great time in line with the other kids and training with the instructor, but took 1 look at Darth Vader and burst into tears and left the stage without fighting him.
Both kids would have said "I love Star Wars!" - but clearly they had different reactions. So if your son isn't afraid of the big man in black :darth:, then go for it. Just be ok with him backing out if he feels he needs to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter