• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jedi Training Academy??

All I can tell you is what my dd told me....she works there. This is what her trainer included in training. So, whether it might happen or not? Who knows. I can only go by what a CM tells me...that works there, not one in GS, or driving a bus!!!
I'm not saying she's lying, I'm saying that disney changes things all the time, so guests should not expect a fp when signing up for jt, I'm sure she would tell you and the guests the same thing

We just returned yesterday. My oldest wanted to do Jedi training. We got there right at Park opening, not sure what time they actually opened the park but it had to have been several minutes before we arrived. Her and my husband stood in line almost an hour. She got a time of 4:10. They did give them an anytime fast pass for use that day for 5 people.
Wow. Was the fastpass good for anything? I wonder if they do that just for people near the end of the line that have been waiting a long time? I don't think we've waited more than 20 minutes or so but we never got a fastpass ticket.

The fast pass was good for anything and for 5 people we are a family of 4 and asked if there were any single riders outside the ride before we went in who wanted to tag along on our fastpass and a teenage boy joined us. I have no idea when people got them. There were lots of people in line behind them. When they got in line it was almost all the way to the Indiana Jones entrance.

I'm not saying she's lying, I'm saying that disney changes things all the time, so guests should not expect a fp when signing up for jt, I'm sure she would tell you and the guests the same thing
As I said, only telling you what I was told. Here's the thing...yes, Disney can, and does, change things with little to no notice. For crying out loud, you could arrive there to find the entire show canceled for the day! As of this morning, handing out FPs to guests was sop. It is what it is. Yes, it can change. But people complained about having to spend too long in a sign up line, thereby missing valuable attraction time. So, Cm's have been told to offer FPs. That's what is happening right now. Yes, it could change.

As I said, only telling you what I was told. Here's the thing...yes, Disney can, and does, change things with little to no notice. For crying out loud, you could arrive there to find the entire show canceled for the day! As of this morning, handing out FPs to guests was sop. It is what it is. Yes, it can change. But people complained about having to spend too long in a sign up line, thereby missing valuable attraction time. So, Cm's have been told to offer FPs. That's what is happening right now. Yes, it could change.
It's just better not to assume that it's a sure thing, people will go expecting fp and if the cm are not doing guest recovery with them, they will have people complaining.

We were there in July, and I agree that everything was gone by 10. We were worried about FP scheduling, too, but got there early before our H&V ADR. We must have been one of the first to sign up, and we were able to grab the time that worked best for us.

Good luck!!

Did you have a PPO for H&V? We have an 8:00am ADR, wondering if we can go before, or once the park opens

It seems to change. I have heard that PPO guests were able to sign up before Park Opening, and then also read they were not, I have read that people were able to sign up while waiting for Rope Drop, but the most common experience seems to be walking with a CM to the sign up after rope drop and getting in line, standing in different areas to select which characters your children will fight and then being assigned your show time.

we did it over Labor Day weekend - rope drop on Saturday morning, got the first (10:10) show and they gave us an anytime fastpass for the 4 of us.

Have the early morning magic people been able to sign up early as well? We can't decide between that and our pre park adr at Hollywood and vine.

We did it last Monday. Park opened at 9, we were there by rope drop but not very early, and our choices were 1:10 or later. Waited about 30 min to sign up and they did give us a FP good for anything for up to 5 people. Used it on toy story.

We just did JTA on Wed with an 8am PPO res at H&V. We signed up before checking in at the restaurant, it took 2 minutes. We got the first show 10:10am and a FP

We just did JTA on Wed with an 8am PPO res at H&V. We signed up before checking in at the restaurant, it took 2 minutes. We got the first show 10:10am and a FP
We have an 8:15am PPO at H&V and I'm hoping this will work the same way for us! I booked all my FP for later so we could sign up for 10am Jedi Training show. So excited they let you sign up before breakfast. JT is the ONLY thing my 5yo wants to do this trip!

^^^Yes, we were so excited it worked out, it was DS1's (also 5!) most important thing to have happen on the trip! Good luck!

We also had a pre-park breakfast (8:10am) at H&V last Monday (9/19). We were able to sign up before the breakfast, waited for one family in front of us, and had our pick of show times (we picked 10:40). We had 6 in our party with 6 year old twins participating in JTA and received two anytime FPs. We used those on Star Tours and Toy Story Mania.

We also had a pre-park breakfast (8:10am) at H&V last Monday (9/19). We were able to sign up before the breakfast, waited for one family in front of us, and had our pick of show times (we picked 10:40). We had 6 in our party with 6 year old twins participating in JTA and received two anytime FPs. We used those on Star Tours and Toy Story Mania.

That's great they gave you 2 FP since you had 2 kids sign up. We will also have 2 signing up. What time did u arrive at the park and what time did they let you in? Thanks in advance!

That's great they gave you 2 FP since you had 2 kids sign up. We will also have 2 signing up. What time did u arrive at the park and what time did they let you in? Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure if we got two FP because we had two participating or because we had 6 in our party (FP was good for up to 5 people). When they gave us the FPs, they asked how many in our party and said they were giving out FPs because of how much time JTA takes up during the day. I can't remember our exact timing, but I think we got to the entrance around 7:45. We were all signed up and checked in for our breakfast reservation (8:10am) with extra time to spare.

I'm not sure if we got two FP because we had two participating or because we had 6 in our party (FP was good for up to 5 people). When they gave us the FPs, they asked how many in our party and said they were giving out FPs because of how much time JTA takes up during the day. I can't remember our exact timing, but I think we got to the entrance around 7:45. We were all signed up and checked in for our breakfast reservation (8:10am) with extra time to spare.

Ok...the party of 6 makes sense then we are a party of 6 but one is under 3...but I will be more than happy with just 1 FP!

Thanks for the info.

If you pick the 10:10 show then you have to arrive back at 9:40?

I assume you can sign up when DHS has early entry correct? Rope drop @ 8AM, the signup should be available at that time or is it 9AM?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter