• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jedi Training Academy

We were actually able to do this last week (on 2/1). I was shocked. We were signed up by 7:55 and then went to our breakfast. I had expected to have to rush through breakfast to get over there. I'm not sure if it was a one time deal or if it's the new normal.

So how did you sign up? Did you go over to the regular signup location? How did you know you could sign up early? DD wanted to do Jedi Training last year so we got the H&V 8 am reservation. She and I left H&V around 9:10 leaving DH and the baby to pay and finish up so that she could sign up. We stood in line and she would have made a show except she chickened out right as we got to the front. This year she says she is going to do it so I got the 8 am reservation again. I'm not so sure, but I want to be prepared just in case.

So how did you sign up? Did you go over to the regular signup location? How did you know you could sign up early? DD wanted to do Jedi Training last year so we got the H&V 8 am reservation. She and I left H&V around 9:10 leaving DH and the baby to pay and finish up so that she could sign up. We stood in line and she would have made a show except she chickened out right as we got to the front. This year she says she is going to do it so I got the 8 am reservation again. I'm not so sure, but I want to be prepared just in case.

Sign ups were in the usual location. When we showed up around 7:45-7:50 for our breakfast reservation, I just happened to look down the path past the restaurants and saw a girl holding up the JTA sign. Definitely wasn't expecting it. I was surprised to see her standing out in the middle of the path so I went over to her and asked her if sign ups were actually already happening and she said yes! So I went back, grabbed the boys, and we were maybe the 5th family to sign up. Done by 7:55 or so. I'd be curious to hear if any other recent breakfast-goers had the same experience, because it was a really great way to start the day. Hopefully it happens that way for you!

Sign ups were in the usual location. When we showed up around 7:45-7:50 for our breakfast reservation, I just happened to look down the path past the restaurants and saw a girl holding up the JTA sign. Definitely wasn't expecting it. I was surprised to see her standing out in the middle of the path so I went over to her and asked her if sign ups were actually already happening and she said yes! So I went back, grabbed the boys, and we were maybe the 5th family to sign up. Done by 7:55 or so. I'd be curious to hear if any other recent breakfast-goers had the same experience, because it was a really great way to start the day. Hopefully it happens that way for you!
There have also been some random reports of them allowing sign ups prior to the internal rope drop, between the time of the turnstile rope drop and time of the internal rope drop. So that folks were done with sign ups and able to move on to an internal rope to head to a ride. I was there in December and they were NOT allowing sign ups prior to the internal rope drop but someone else was there in December and they were on their day
Like the pre-breakfast sign up, they are random and so far inconsistent.

Good information to have. Thanks for sharing. I'll keep my eyes open for an early sign-up, but we won't expect it.

We were there last week, 2/2. (pin, no certificate) Had an 8:05 H&V with a 9am park opening. We didn't notice any sign-ups prior to breakfast, maybe we didn't walk down far enough. Around 8:30/8:45ish I saw MANY people briskly walking toward the sign-up area. So, that day they did let people in early to sign-up.

I need a strategy-
We are doing DHS on Princess Half Marathon Day, and it has Morning EMH at 8am. last year I came through the finish line at 8:10am. I expect a similar time this year...
But we really want our boys in on Jedi Training. What would be our best strategy? Have them go to DHS at 745am and hope to get in early for sign ups? and then ride back to Epcot? Or wait until I'm through then get there before 9am? It sounds like no matter what, it will sell out within 15 minutes of park opening...

When the kids line up in their lines, which one ends up being closer to the stage? My DD really wants to go against Darth Vader.

What would be our best strategy?
Send them to EMH to sign up and then meet you at Epcot.

Arriving at 9:00 or later puts you behind all the EMH guests and the offsite resort guests who will be waiting at the gates.

This would be wonderful for our family. I love the idea of being able to enjoy our character breakfast without rushing or having JTA sign-ups on my mind. This was one of the reasons we initially booked a later breakfast ADR at H&V; but I really would prefer the pre-park opening slot so that we have more flexibility with the scheduled JTA time slots.

If you are standing looking at the stage it's the line on the right hand side.
When they are lined up for their robe fitting it's the line closer to the lake

Thank you for this info, I will definitely keep this in mind. My DS7 and DD9 want to go up against Darth Vader, but I honestly think they would be happy just to participate once we actually get there since I didn't get around to signing them up for this on our last trip. :)

Send them to EMH to sign up and then meet you at Epcot.

Arriving at 9:00 or later puts you behind all the EMH guests and the offsite resort guests who will be waiting at the gates.

How early do you think they could show up and get in?

Grandparents are leaving on our DHS day. The park opens at 9am. If we don't get there til say 10am....any chances of still being able to sign up? We will be at park all day, as we are closing out the week with Fantasmic then the SW fireworks.

How early do you think they could show up and get in?
For an EMH, the park opens at the scheduled EMH time. They should arrive well before that time to be one of the first to enter and sign up.

On a regular day, the park opens 15-30 minutes early.

For an EMH, the park opens at the scheduled EMH time. They should arrive well before that time to be one of the first to enter and sign up.

On a regular day, the park opens 15-30 minutes early.

So he could technically show up around 7:30 and possibly be able to go ahead and get in and get a signed up?

So he could technically show up around 7:30 and possibly be able to go ahead and get in and get a signed up?
No, they would be one of the first people at the entrance gates. EMH begins as scheduled.

This will sound like a random question, but does the kid need their MagicBand to sign up? We're going to DHS our first day and we need to stop at Guest Services to get a DAS for DD. Can one of us take DS to sign up for JTA while the other one takes DD and the MagicBands to Guest Services?

This will sound like a random question, but does the kid need their MagicBand to sign up? We're going to DHS our first day and we need to stop at Guest Services to get a DAS for DD. Can one of us take DS to sign up for JTA while the other one takes DD and the MagicBands to Guest Services?
The child doesn't need a MagicBand to sign up for JTA. DS and an adult just need to be there to answer the CM's questions as part of the sign-up process.

Usually all people in the party need to be present for DAS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter