***January 2022 Thread*** - Kicking Off 2022 with WDW!

Has anyone been able to make Topolino's breakfast reservations for their trip? My ADR day is on Tuesday and that's the only one I'm worried about.
I got one for the last day of our 7 day trip, at the time I thought I wanted. Now in looking at things, I wish I'd tried for a different day, so I'm checking for cancelations to try to modify it.

Has anyone been able to make Topolino's breakfast reservations for their trip? My ADR day is on Tuesday and that's the only one I'm worried about.
I actually got 2 days for breakfast and one for dinner (since Riviera is our home resort) on our upcoming visit in mid January. One in the middle of our trip and one the last day. Not sure if I'll keep both but the times were not great and certainly none early on.

I just realized that it's 47 days until we arrive. Where did the time go?

I turn 45 11 days before we arrive. We'd planned on a different summer trip as the big whoopdidoo for my birthday (we went to Vancouver BC for my husband's a few years back) but for Reasons, it's not going to happen. I may spend some time trying to figure out how to upgrade this trip and call it good. Maybe.

Tomorrow is my 1st ADR day! Since it's a split stay, my 2nd day will be Friday. Yay for 2 days this week having my alarm set for 5:30am :sad1: lol

Here's my list of what I'm hoping to get, fingers crossed!

Sanaa lunch (arrival day) – Sat 1/29
Boma dinner – Mon 1/31
Oga’s – Tues 2/1
Space220 lunch – Wed 2/2 (Fri 2/4 as backup)
Boma breakfast (departure day) – Fri 2/4

I just realized that it's 47 days until we arrive. Where did the time go?

I turn 45 11 days before we arrive. We'd planned on a different summer trip as the big whoopdidoo for my birthday (we went to Vancouver BC for my husband's a few years back) but for Reasons, it's not going to happen. I may spend some time trying to figure out how to upgrade this trip and call it good. Maybe.

My countdown is 50 days today! I'm hitting a milestone this year also and that's why I planned my two trips to WDW. Neither is actually in June when my bday is though. The trip I'm doing that's actually closest to that is a cruise that got cancelled last year in July. Its just going to be lots of travel this year which I'm totally okay with.

Update since it was my ADR day! I managed to snag a Topolino's Terrace breakfast ADR for the day we leave (2/5). I was booking for 9 people but had to split the reservation into two. The times were very limited when I booked this AM.

Today was my 60 day ADR window also. Was able to book the ADRs we wanted:
- Homecomin'
- Sanaa
- Beaches and Cream
- Steakhouse 71

Seemed weird not booking for each day but until the DP comes back we're choosing ADRs carefully and will share meals at some locations.

Also pretty sure I'm going to drop the PH option for this trip as we really don't need it.

So, ADR day #1 was this morning! I started right at 6am. I tried 1st at 5:30am but it wasn't up yet, and I just didn't have the energy to keep checking every few min for 1/2 an hour, lol. First and only way I tried was on my laptop in an incognito window in Chrome.

So, for the 1st half of my trip I got everything I wanted! No technology glitches, and I was done by 6:10am. I wasn't really trying for anything crazy difficult, Oga's would have been the toughest out of these 3. I believe I did look for Oga's 1st and booked the 1:55p slot. Then, I booked the other 2. Then, I decided I wanted Oga's a little later so looked again and got the 3:30p slot.

1/29 (day 1) - Sanaa 12:15p
1/31 (day 3) - Boma 7:30p
2/1 (day 4) - Oga's 1:55p or 3:30p (booked both, will decide soon which to keep)

I am still anxious about getting Space220 for the 2nd half of my trip. I really really wish their system would recognize split stays as one single trip. Oh well!

So for the MK dessert pre party, I can now select the dates during my trip to check availability, but it says nothing is available any day. I just checked a couple hours ago and my trip dates weren’t available to select so I really doubt all 10 days sold out in a mere couple hours. Maybe they haven’t loaded the times yet? So aggravating lol.

So for the MK dessert pre party, I can now select the dates during my trip to check availability, but it says nothing is available any day. I just checked a couple hours ago and my trip dates weren’t available to select so I really doubt all 10 days sold out in a mere couple hours. Maybe they haven’t loaded the times yet? So aggravating lol.
Keep checking. Systems load new data in a series of jobs, not all at once. They may update the available dates in one job but a different job opens availability. You just happened to catch it mid-stream and should see dates opening in a reasonable amount of time.

It's a little like grocery shopping. When you enter the store your cart is empty and it fills up as you go through the store until your shopping is complete. Same thing with computer programs, things must happen sequentially before they are complete and everything is updated. You can't add availability to a service (in this case a dessert party) that doesn't have dates yet.

Last edited:
Keep checking. Systems load new data in a series of jobs, not all at once. They may update the available dates in one job but a different job opens availability. You just happened to catch it mid-stream and should see dates opening in a reasonable amount of time.

It's a little like grocery shopping. When you enter the store your cart is empty and it fills up as you go through the store until your shopping is complete. Same thing with computer programs, things must happen sequentially before they are complete and everything is updated. You can't add availability to a service (in this case a dessert party) that doesn't have dates yet.
Thanks for this! Makes sense. I’ll patiently wait… or try to lol.

Adding my name to the list. We are doing 1/27-2/6 at the Waldorf Astoria. It's the first time ever for myself, my 15 yr old, and my 6 year old. My wife hasn't been in nearly 20 yrs. We will have a car rental for transportation.

Currently working on ADRs. Being limited to booking at 60 days for each day, and waking before 4am every day to try to get ADRs has been a bit difficult, but since a) it's the Waldorf and b) we used reward points for the entire stay, I'm not too broken-hearted! :-)

So far the first few days of ADRs have worked out with a little adjustment. Biggest surprise so far was totally failing to get T-REX for our arrival day, a Thursday afternoon/evening in late Jan. Who knew?!

Here's what we have so far:
1/27 - Wanted T-rex but no luck. Have Morimoto as a backup, but think we are gonna cancel that and just walk up for T-Rex day of since we don't have any other plans that evening and my DW really wants to take my DD6 there first night.
1/28 - MK day rope drop. Crystal Palace @ 11:40am in case character dining returns but might just cancel otherwise. Hotel break then Be our guest at 5 so we can watch fireworks later.
1/29 - AK half day so we got Boma at 8. Wine bar George at 3 for a mid-afternoon bite and finish it up with date night at Bull and Bear (lounge for drinks first then dinner at 9).
1/30 - Boathouse at 10am as a backup in case we can't get another brunch option. Then EPCOT for festival snacks! Will try and grab a dinner spot in EPCOT to have but no must do's there for us.

Still have a few tough ADRs to try for (we want to do topolinos and tusker house still), and while we probably won't get CRT I'm fine with it (DW on the other hand...). But hasn't been nearly as bad as I imagined not having the 60+ option.

Adding my name to the list. We are doing 1/27-2/6 at the Waldorf Astoria. It's the first time ever for myself, my 15 yr old, and my 6 year old. My wife hasn't been in nearly 20 yrs. We will have a car rental for transportation.

Currently working on ADRs. Being limited to booking at 60 days for each day, and waking before 4am every day to try to get ADRs has been a bit difficult, but since a) it's the Waldorf and b) we used reward points for the entire stay, I'm not too broken-hearted! :-)

So far the first few days of ADRs have worked out with a little adjustment. Biggest surprise so far was totally failing to get T-REX for our arrival day, a Thursday afternoon/evening in late Jan. Who knew?!

1/27 - Wanted T-rex but no luck. Have Morimoto as a backup, but think we are gonna cancel that and just walk up for T-Rex day of since we don't have any other plans that evening and my DW really wants to take my DD6 there first night.
1/28 - MK day rope drop. Crystal Palace @ 11:40am in case character dining returns but might just cancel otherwise. Hotel break then Be our guest at 5 so we can watch fireworks later.
1/29 - AK half day so we got Boma at 8. Wine bar George at 3 for a mid-afternoon bite and finish it up with date night at Bull and Bear (lounge for drinks first then dinner at 9).
1/30 - Boathouse at 10am as a backup in case we can't get another brunch option. Then EPCOT for festival snacks! Will try and grab a dinner spot in EPCOT to have but no must do's there for us.

Still have a few tough ADRs to try for (we want to do topolinos and tusker house still), and while we probably won't get CRT I'm fine with it (DW on the other hand...). But hasn't been nearly as bad as I imagined not having the 60+ option.
I would recommend calling T-Rex to book dining. Very few of their reservations are listed with Disney and many report having success when they contact the restaurant directly.

I would recommend calling T-Rex to book dining. Very few of their reservations are listed with Disney and many report having success when they contact the restaurant directly.

Yeah that's what we thought too so we called. Was told they are not taking any reservations by phone any more and are only releasing a small number of seats to Disney. Staffing issues maybe??

Also, just was able to get a tusker house ADR for that night so we might do that instead. We bought an extra day in case we needed it for an ADR on our arrival night (was like $30 more total for that 10th day) so would be nice to use it.

Oddly I was able to get a dessert part out of nowhere yesterday. I wasn’t even really thinking of doing it anymore and had focused my attention on a Rose and Crown dining package and can’t find that at all. Hasn’t been available once since my ADR date. I decided I might as well get the reservation for fireworks since I might not get anything else. Also, was it my imagination or did those dessert party prices used to be $115? I only paid $99.

Not that it's a big deal, but la creperie de paris is fully booked the whole week I am there....
Good thing there's the quick service counter!

I think $115 is for a different party, but I’m not sure. I think these parties went up in price actually. Don’t quote me on this though lol.

Also looks like dessert parties are up if anyone else wanted to book. Just got ours for the 30th!

Welcome to the group! Good luck with your remaining ADRs. Let us know how they go. 🙂

I think $115 is for a different party, but I’m not sure. I think these parties went up in price actually. Don’t quote me on this though lol.

Also looks like dessert parties are up if anyone else wanted to book. Just got ours for the 30th!

That's what I thought it was for the regular party when the prices went up, and the one with seats was more. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy.... actually I think I am. I may just leave it as is and not cancel if by some miracle I get the rose and crown dining package. I had hoped there would be after hours events back by now, but doesn't seem like that's happening so at least I'll have a good view for fireworks. The only thing I would consider changing is if they do an after fireworks party instead of pre-party.

I also noticed there's no availability for the Crepes table service location, but to be fair, there hasn't been since the day the announced they would start taking reservations for it. So I would keep trying. I think that's the case with a lot of dining. I never thought I'd say this, but I actually miss the 180 day ADR dates. I think you had a much longer window with available possibilities back then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter