January 2022 discounts

We are looking at similar days, Poly opened up yesterday for the dates we were looking at. Lots of $$, though.

It's so difficult to justify $600+ a night without a discount. Especially for a January stay, where comfortable pool weather is questionable. Every time we almost bite the bullet and go for Poly, we end up saving $100-$200 a night with Wilderness Lodge, Old Key West, etc. :confused3 :rotfl2:

... and with the monorail now open, we can just hop there for a few hours for Dole Whip on the beach.

We're doing a split stay with 1/22 - 1/24 at POFQ and then 1/24 - 1/31 at WL.

Nice. Start out with a Beignet and finish with a Bison Burger.

We are looking at similar days, Poly opened up yesterday for the dates we were looking at. Lots of $$, though.

Is it just me or have the monorail resorts all gone up in price substantially over the past three years or so? Was pricing out our 2022 trips yesterday, which will include GF and Poly stays, and was having serious sticker shock.. $800+ for Lagoon and Pool/Marina views, and mot at all during peak seasons. Going to book early and hope for AP discounts to drop. Didn’t work out that way for our upcoming Oct and Dec trips (Poly and WL), but hopefully things return to “normal” next year.

It's so difficult to justify $600+ a night without a discount. Especially for a January stay, where comfortable pool weather is questionable. Every time we almost bite the bullet and go for Poly, we end up saving $100-$200 a night with Wilderness Lodge, Old Key West, etc. :confused3 :rotfl2:

... and with the monorail now open, we can just hop there for a few hours for Dole Whip on the beach.

My 2 cents.. WL for January. The cooler weather with the lodge is a great combination. Nothing like standing on the dock in a sweatshirt at 7am in 40-50 degree weather waiting for the boat to MK.. save the Poly for an early May or late August/early September stay for maximum savings and warmer weather.

I agree - when I first looked the room was 574/night but when I called the travel agent to help me book they were all gone. The contemporary was available but for $670/ night :eek: and that's just too rich for my blood. So I settled with WL at $500/ night. I know I'll have a good time no matter what but I've always dreamed of staying on the monorail line so still hoping it can happen.

I am splitting the cost of the room with my sister so that's really the only way I could justify staying at a deluxe resort.

Is it just me or have the monorail resorts all gone up in price substantially over the past three years or so? Was pricing out our 2022 trips yesterday, which will include GF and Poly stays, and was having serious sticker shock.. $800+ for Lagoon and Pool/Marina views, and mot at all during peak seasons. Going to book early and hope for AP discounts to drop. Didn’t work out that way for our upcoming Oct and Dec trips (Poly and WL), but hopefully things return to “normal” next year.

Yes, the price has definitely ballooned up in the past few years. I feel like they used to cap at $500/ night in the past.

My 2 cents.. WL for January. The cooler weather with the lodge is a great combination. Nothing like standing on the dock in a sweatshirt at 7am in 40-50 degree weather waiting for the boat to MK.. save the Poly for an early May or late August/early September stay for maximum savings and warmer weather.

I'm okay with staying at WL but I will be using a scooter for my trip so really liked the idea of just rolling onto the monorail. I wouldn't be able to use the boats from WL to MK, so I'd be stuck to a bus.

I'm okay with staying at WL but I will be using a scooter for my trip so really liked the idea of just rolling onto the monorail. I wouldn't be able to use the boats from WL to MK, so I'd be stuck to a bus.

So, good news, you actually WILL be able to utilize the boat transportation from WL to MK with your scooter. The boats on the red flag route (WL<—>MK), like the Mermaid I, are scooter/wheelchair accessible! Only the smaller boats on the Gold and Blue flag routes that run the MK<—>Poly<—>GF and FWC<—>WL<—>CR are not accessible.

Unless the water level is unusually low or high you will have no problem. Note that over dozens of trips to WL at all different times of year over nearly three decades I’ve never actually seen a captain not be able to accommodate someone because of the tide. It’s definitely easier than a bus, they just throw down a large metal ramp and you wheel right in, no tie down and any of that stuff required on a vessel that’s displacing 23 tons of water. Plus it’s totally part of the WL experience. Nothing quite like riding the boat from Bay Lake, crossing the water bridge under the monorail and past CR into Seven Seas Lagoon with the castle coming into view. Sure beats a bus ride any day.

So, good news, you actually WILL be able to utilize the boat transportation from WL to MK with your scooter. The boats on the red flag route (WL<—>MK), like the Mermaid I, are scooter/wheelchair accessible! Only the smaller boats on the Gold and Blue flag routes that run the MK<—>Poly<—>GF and FWC<—>WL<—>CR are not accessible.

Unless the water level is unusually low or high you will have no problem. Note that over dozens of trips to WL at all different times of year over nearly three decades I’ve never actually seen a captain not be able to accommodate someone because of the tide. It’s definitely easier than a bus, they just throw down a large metal ramp and you wheel right in, no tie down and any of that stuff required on a vessel that’s displacing 23 tons of water. Plus it’s totally part of the WL experience. Nothing quite like riding the boat from Bay Lake, crossing the water bridge under the monorail and past CR into Seven Seas Lagoon with the castle coming into view. Sure beats a bus ride any day.

Thank you for the info - that makes me happy! I've taken the bus plenty of times but I love the relaxing ride on a boat.

I agree. Even with the Contemporary, I can get a Garden Wing room for sub $500. The only Poly room available is Pool/Marina view for $650. Hard to justify the extra $.

Is there a way to sign up for notifications or search a page that will update us for these,

I worry that with the 50th being this week Disney won't release any kind of discounts. I know they just did the Visa/AP/resident discount to round out this year, but I'm not liking the possibility that January discounts won't be available for awhile still (it's only 96 days 'til January 1st!).

I’m really starting to think Disney might not offer any discount for January/February :sad:
What do you think??

I’m really starting to think Disney might not offer any discount for January/February :sad:
What do you think??
I’ve been waiting patiently as I’m booked late January.
I’m currently obsessing over upgrading to club level but I keep saying in my head “what if that makes them not drop any discounts?” Like my one silly little reservation will bring the whole
house down!!! 🥴🤦🏼‍♀️ I really just want the answer yea or no so I can move on!! 😩

Following! I'm considering a solo January trip and would most likely just book Pop anyway, but was really hoping for a discount. Was also considering opening a Disney Visa if that discount is offered. Fingers crossed!

I’ve been waiting patiently as I’m booked late January.
I’m currently obsessing over upgrading to club level but I keep saying in my head “what if that makes them not drop any discounts?” Like my one silly little reservation will bring the whole
house down!!! 🥴🤦🏼‍♀️ I really just want the answer yea or no so I can move on!! 😩

I mean.. there is some potential truth to that. After I booked Courtyard View at Wilderness Lodge (second week of Jan), that room category is no longer available for that week. Perhaps I took the last room, or it just coincidentally booked up quickly.

I suspect that, at a minimum, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, and Coronado Springs will receive a discount any day now.

My stay isn't until the first week of February but i'm watching this thread as well since January/February would probably be announced together. We have a 7 night stay (based on plane tickets) but I was only able to get 5 nights at Yacht Club which left two days at the end of our trip open. Just this past week, while considering both Contemporary and Polynesian, after taking less than 2 hours to make a decision - I went back and both resorts were gone for those dates! We ended up booking Wilderness Lodge since if we have to move we want to at least experience a different area rather than moving to the BWI or even Swan (and they were both options we considered). Never stayed at the Wilderness Lodge before but if a good discount at the Grand Floridian comes out I may switch. I check every morning, early, for an announcement. Availability is so limited I really wonder if they aren't booking the entire resort due to staffing.

I mean.. there is some potential truth to that. After I booked Courtyard View at Wilderness Lodge (second week of Jan), that room category is no longer available for that week. Perhaps I took the last room, or it just coincidentally booked up quickly.

I suspect that, at a minimum, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk, and Coronado Springs will receive a discount any day now.

Same thing happened to me, I booked two King rooms at Wilderness Lodge (Wilderness view) and the next day that category was gone.

Same thing happened to me, I booked two King rooms at Wilderness Lodge (Wilderness view) and the next day that category was gone.
OMG!!! I think I'm going to have to book it! I'm afraid I will lose it!!

also, how do they apply the discount when you have a package booked? just 35% off the nightly room rate??

OMG!!! I think I'm going to have to book it! I'm afraid I will lose it!!

also, how do they apply the discount when you have a package booked? just 35% off the nightly room rate??

I've never seen rooms disappear this fast, so I'd suggest booking the resort/room category you want now. I believe if a discount is released and is available for the room type/dates you have booked, than it does come off the nightly rate.

We are planning a WDW visit the third week in January. (Fingers crossed as we are in Canada../border reopening ?) A little pixie dust for a discount would certainly be nice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter