January 2022 Car Rental Thread

Cheapest rates so far on Costco. I can get an intermediate car for $440 through Avis. Also, full-size cars are sub $500 when you include the Costco gift card you get. While I already have my rental locked in with a prepaid rate, I still check to make sure it’s a good rate.

Dropped my mid size through Thrifty at $419 to a Premium with Hertz at $377 thanks to Autoslash. Booked on a weekly rate starting 1/25

My Alamo rate through Costco had a HUGE drop today: from $547 to $439. Midsize truck, January 8th to 15th inclusive. Includes the free additional driver.

Our price had held steady FOREVER......so much so I was wondering if we were even going to see any declines before our travel date. I'm happy to see that perhaps there is still hope for a great price yet.

Lower prices were also available from other agencies through Costco, but after extremely poor experiences with Budget, I'll gladly avoid them just for peace of mind.

Thanks to those posting about the Costco drops in Alamo rates. I rebooked a 19-day rental for a full size sedan starting 1/5 at $955, down from $1275. I’ve been checking almost daily, and this is the first real break in prices for Alamo that I’ve been able to take advantage of. Prices since the original booking had been going in the wrong direction until today.

I’m stalking the sites for 4-11. We just got back from a trip in October and about 3 weeks out Alamo hit its lowest rates for Costco. I checked everyday, twice.

Alamo went down to $385 today for a standard (which is really a full size at MCO) for January 3-10. I started at $500, so I'm thrilled!

Check those rates today, fellow Costco friends. Our Alamo rental is down an additional $12 this morning, from $439 to $427.

Check those rates today, fellow Costco friends. Our Alamo rental is down an additional $12 this morning, from $439 to $427.
Thanks for the reminder, my 1/2-1/7 budget rental went down $30~ to $455
however, my Hawaii august rental has gone up from `500 to over $1k, glad I booked that rental!

Can you bypass the counter with Alamo and the Costco discount?
Yes. The Costco confirmation email includes the Alamo confirmation number as well as the Costco confirmation number. Use the Alamo confirmation number to link to your Alamo Insider account and then complete the online check in and skip the counter registration. You can also add the free second driver information during the online check in. Works like a charm.

Yes. The Costco confirmation email includes the Alamo confirmation number as well as the Costco confirmation number. Use the Alamo confirmation number to link to your Alamo Insider account and then complete the online check in and skip the counter registration. You can also add the free second driver information during the online check in. Works like a charm.

Just a heads up, you don't even need to link to an Alamo Insiders account to do online check-in.

Thanks All! I signed up for Costco and saved significantly over my Alamo direct reservation.

My Alamo rate through Costco is down another $9 today. Currently sitting at $418, January 8th to 15th inclusive.

I am starting to have hope that we may nudge it down under $400 soon!

My Alamo rate through Costco is down $22 for my 19-day rental starting January 5th ($933 vs. $955), so I rebooked again. Small difference, but Costco makes it so easy to rebook that I’ll take advantage. Day-to-day variations in the rental rates have been interesting to observe this week. Yesterday, the same rental would have been more than $100 higher.

Thanks for the reminder, my 1/2-1/7 budget rental went down $30~ to $455
however, my Hawaii august rental has gone up from `500 to over $1k, glad I booked that rental!
mine went down to $421 today across Alamos, Enterprise and Budget, I stayed with Budget and rebooked.

I pretty much stalk Expedia daily, I have a Jan 6-17 rental. My criteria is in-terminal rental, cancellation, pay at pickup & a 6 passenger vehicle. We need a larger vehicle for luggage, golf clubs, etc. I started off months ago with a minivan from Thrifty for over $900. I am now down to a Full size SUV for $446 also from Thrifty.

Like another poster suggested, try Autoslash.com. I got a mid sized vehicle for $303 total for 8 days, 12/4 - 12/12. It started at $428 and went down to $303. No credit card required to book and they will continue to search for lower rates if you choose that option. The site is an aggregator and directs you to the actual rental site. I ended up with a car from Dollar, and had no problems. I googled it first to make sure it was legitimate, it had great ratings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter