January 2012

(Re-posted from the Jan 2012 Code Watch board after realizing this was the better place to post!) :rolleyes1

Kind of a silly question, but after deciding to book a semi last minute trip to the World during the first week of January, I started playing around with the dining reservation. In very sharp contrast to earlier visits, I found availability for every restaurant I wanted, on every day, at multiple times. I'm starting just over two months out, and on my first try I reserved Crystal Palace and Ohana for breakfast on the mornings I wanted, and am seeing anything and everything available for dinner, any night.

Since everyone on this board is obviously shooting for a January trip, I thought you'd be the best folks to ask...

Am I missing something? :lmao:

I know the weather can be somewhat unpredictable (we've been in February, and it was in the 40s and 50s (during the day) the entire trip, with rain), and generally cooler than the ideal Florida vacation. But is there any other reason I'm not thinking of?

Our kids are out on winter break until 1/9, so it seemed ideal to drive down while they were out of school and the crowds were low. This IS a good idea, right? :goodvibes

(Re-posted from the Jan 2012 Code Watch board after realizing this was the better place to post!) :rolleyes1

Kind of a silly question, but after deciding to book a semi last minute trip to the World during the first week of January, I started playing around with the dining reservation. In very sharp contrast to earlier visits, I found availability for every restaurant I wanted, on every day, at multiple times. I'm starting just over two months out, and on my first try I reserved Crystal Palace and Ohana for breakfast on the mornings I wanted, and am seeing anything and everything available for dinner, any night.

Since everyone on this board is obviously shooting for a January trip, I thought you'd be the best folks to ask...

I know the weather can be somewhat unpredictable (we've been in February, and it was in the 40s and 50s (during the day) the entire trip, with rain), and generally cooler than the ideal Florida vacation. But is there any other reason I'm not thinking of?

Our kids are out on winter break until 1/9, so it seemed ideal to drive down while they were out of school and the crowds were low. This IS a good idea, right? :goodvibes

I've never been in January but was shocked as well that last week I was able to get all the reservations I attempted for an entire week for 13 guests during the free dining promotion - I'm taking it as a sign of good things to come.

It's official - we're booked! January 2-6 at POR. :thumbsup2

Now... how long will I be able to hold off before I tell the kids? :love:

Recently booked a stay at POP for Janaury 25-31st. It's going to be a very special trip for myself considering it's my first ever trip to WDW....and I'm doing it solo. Paid a little extra to get Standard Dining: I might as well have my first trip done right...right? :) Already have taken the effort and what seems like fun to make some ADRs. Feels interesting reserving a table for one...I know people say it's not neccesary for just one, but just want to be on the safe side. A highlight I'm looking forward to is the Dine with an Imagineer experience I have booked...totally excited!!

First off Congratulations your'e going to be amazed and have the time of your life!:goodvibes I didn't go till I was 36 with kids and still cried when I saw Tink fly from the castle during Wishes with the fireworks! Something about that place that makes you feel like a child all over again. ahhh! Have a great time I'm sure after this trip it won't be your last.LOL:cloud9:

I've never been in January but was shocked as well that last week I was able to get all the reservations I attempted for an entire week for 13 guests during the free dining promotion - I'm taking it as a sign of good things to come.

Yeah, I love dining availability for January! Even with free dining, making ADRs for our group of 7 (including Le Cellier, Ohana, and Akershus) was a breeze.

you can upgrade to the didsney regular dining plan and pay the difference and get 1 sit down and one counter service, i would change and as long as your stay starts on the free dining your whole stay is free dining

It's a great time to go! We've gone in Jan the past two years and we are going again to celebrate my kids' bdays. Less crowds, nice weather (if you like it not too hot) and I almost always get the ADRs I want. IMO it's perfect!

We will be there from January 22nd - January 28th...doing our first ever split stay. We are staying 3 nights at BCV (kids know about) then moving over to CBR for 3 nights (kids don't know about this). This is all after coming off a 7 night cruise (non-Disney) which the kids have no idea about either :cool1:.

I'm doing a solo trip Jan 23-27th. Staying at All Star Music, the only value I haven't stayed at. Haven't been on vacation since May, 2010. Looking so forward to just relaxing for a few days.:goodvibes

We will be there from January 22nd - January 28th...doing our first ever split stay. We are staying 3 nights at BCV (kids know about) then moving over to CBR for 3 nights (kids don't know about this). This is all after coming off a 7 night cruise (non-Disney) which the kids have no idea about either :cool1:.

Our stay in Dec '09 was at CBR, I loved it. It's now my favorite. We loved the hammocks on the beach at night after coming back from the parks. We'd stop get a drink and relax.

Jan 2nd - 8th at POFQ

7 of us...DH, myself, DD12, DD9, DS7, DD3 and my Dad. Cannot wait!! 37 more days! And the kids don't know yet. We haven't decided when to tell them, either Christmas morning or New Years Eve.

DH and I talked and we changed our reservations to a different resort and from room only to a package with the free dining plan. My son really wanted to stay at the POP in the 50's section. :confused3

Less than 60 days to go!:yay:

We are down to 55 days till we are at ASMovies. Can't wait. My DGS are so excited. The little one keeps asking when is our turn to go to MIckey's House! It will be his 3rd trip and he is 3! The older one is so excited about the new Stars Wars ride and the Lego store. IT is his 5th trip.

56 days and counting. But, first a little side-trip to San Francisco and Napa Valley with friends. We leave in two days...

51 days :D:D:D

I just booked bippity boppity boutique for my DD4. I just got the crown package... she has a million princess dresses of her own to choose from lol. but she'll get the hair, nails, makeup etc.

I had to settle for Downtown Disney to get a morning appt but that's ok. I'm going to keep checking to see if a morning appt opens up at MK between now and then.

I know there is a thread about reservation cancellations for restaurants on here but is there one for BBB? :)

I'm so excited. This will be her first time at BBB and I know she is going to LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOVE it and it's on our last day there so it's going to be an extra special farewell to the world day :)

I really admire those of you who can keep it a secret and surprise your kids. I wish I had the ability to keep my mouth shut LOL but I don't. :lmao:

This is my DD's 4th trip but it's our first one with JUST US. Just the three of us. me hubby and DD. I love going with a large group... it's fun but it's going to be special with just our little family unit. We are always so busy travelling to see family that we never really take vacations just us so this is long overdue. I can't wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter