January 2012 Car Rentals

DH surprised me before Christmas that he was taking me to Disney for a mini trip. I had planned on using the buses, though I always have a car when I take DD. Last night I went and booked with Alamo insiders and the coupon. Last trip I got a compact for $70 for 7 days. Last night, 5 days was $146.42 total. I went ahead and booked it, thinking I would end up canceling it.

I just logged in and checked again, and the price dropped to $96.39 total. DH might agree to a car now! :banana:

Thank you everyone for the codes!!

My dates are 12/30 - 1/7, picking up from MCO.

Just tried some other codes at Budget and got an ever better rate! Using the Expedia public BCD X474200 and the $30 e-coupon code MUGZ029, I was able to get a standard SUV for $270 before taxes. :goodvibes

Mine isn't budging from this rate...trying a combo of different coupons and different sites. I get my previous rate or something higher. Oh well, I guess I should be happy; my original rate for these dates was $600 :confused3

wow! I got a rate of $125 for 10 days (1/24-2/2):thumbsup2 , fullsize with Alamo about a week ago.. now with the same code and coupon it's up to $264... glad I grabbed it when I did!

wow! I got a rate of $125 for 10 days (1/24-2/2):thumbsup2 , fullsize with Alamo about a week ago.. now with the same code and coupon it's up to $264... glad I grabbed it when I did!

Yep, mine went way up too. I have it booked for $185 for 2 weeks with taxes and fees. It's now $320 for the same thing.

Holy cow - makes me even more grateful for the great Alamo rate I got a few weeks ago! :thumbsup2

Hi everyone,

Late to the game with a last minute trip.

1/14 -1/19 - Alamo Standard (automatic upgrade to Full-Size) - Insider' ID and AD4027JDO $40 off Coupon

$97 :)

Better than the 150 I was seeing over the weekend.

Hi everyone,

1/14 -1/19 - Alamo Standard (automatic upgrade to Full-Size) - Insider' ID and AD4027JDO $40 off Coupon

Why do you say "automatic upgrade to full size"?

Hi everyone,

With Insider ID and 7014627 Costco ID and AD4027JDO $40 off Coupon I get $80.91 and that is Noon to Noon for 5 days.

Why do you say "automatic upgrade to full size"?
Orlando does not have a standard size in their inventory, though you can book one. You can choose from the full size inventory if you have a standard size reservation, generally a bit less expensive than a full.

Orlando does not have a standard size in their inventory, though you can book one. You can choose from the full size inventory if you have a standard size reservation, generally a bit less expensive than a full.

Darn! I didn't know that! I booked a full-size and now the rate has gone up. Oh, well... I still got a great deal!

Thanks!

Similar to others, my rate doubled. For whatever reason, my best quote came from National (not Alamo) for my 1/19 - 1/29 rental. I got it for $120 (after all taxes and fees) and now it's $249.

Hopefully everyone who wasn't getting a good rate at Alamo/National still booked something else as it seems rates at every company have gone up significantly.

Full size for my father's 1/21 - 1/29 rental at Hertz was $130 (after all taxes and fees) and now $210.

With Insider ID and 7014627 Costco ID and AD4027JDO $40 off Coupon I get $80.91 and that is Noon to Noon for 5 days.

Thank you! I had Alamo Insiders & the $40 coupon for a compact for $96.41 for next week. I dropped it down to economy and used the Costco code and now have a final price of $85.97. :thumbsup2

Thank you! I had Alamo Insiders & the $40 coupon for a compact for $96.41 for next week. I dropped it down to economy and used the Costco code and now have a final price of $85.97. :thumbsup2

Geez! Great deal. I can not figure out why i am paying 75 dollars for 1 day!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter