Jan arrivals; MB and FP+ info

I received the flash drive yesterday. It's cute. Glows green when plugged in to computer. What it does? Sends you to a cartoony advertizement/instructional for magic bands. Mine doesn't play very well.

I think I'm not going to do anything with it yet for my January trip lest it screw up the things I've done for my December trip - which only took 3 hours over a 1 week period and two LONG calls with tech services/ dvc member support.

QueenofScott said:
Hmm...the flash drive is a new one on me. We check in January 4 & haven't gotten one, for what it's worth. I AM looking forward to getting those Magic Bands in a couple weeks, though:) Idk why it's so exciting, but it is!

I could be wrong, but so far it seems to be those checking in after January 5th that are getting the flash drives. Maybe connected with that "testing until January 5th" date that was put out there for awhile?

Had good success booking my FP+ selections today but have a question. It wouldn't let me choose my DS (under 1) for anything. Said he didn't have valid park admission but I have a magic your way package with tickets. Anyone else notice this for infants?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Had good success booking my FP+ selections today but have a question. It wouldn't let me choose my DS (under 1) for anything. Said he didn't have valid park admission but I have a magic your way package with tickets. Anyone else notice this for infants? Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Infants do not need tickets or FPs. They only need to be counted for seating at restaurants.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Had good success booking my FP+ selections today but have a question. It wouldn't let me choose my DS (under 1) for anything. Said he didn't have valid park admission but I have a magic your way package with tickets. Anyone else notice this for infants? Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You don't pick any for under 3's. They just go along under your fp selections

Infants do not need tickets or FPs. They only need to be counted for seating at restaurants. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thank you too. (Sorry I didn't multi-quote that right)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I received my Mickey flash drive in the mail today. Sort of surprised. I thought I'd get it with the magic bands, if at all. Did any other January travelers get one?

We check in Jan 22... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get one! Would love to have it for xmas. We are telling the kids about our trip on that day and it would be fun to have them open the flash drive and put it in the computer as the way we tell them!

We check in Jan 22... I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I get one! Would love to have it for xmas. We are telling the kids about our trip on that day and it would be fun to have them open the flash drive and put it in the computer as the way we tell them!

We check in on Jan 22nd and received ours yesterday. Good luck and what a great gift!

Checking in on the 25th and got our flash drive yesterday. It was a surprise, didn't know it was coming. Though it is the same video that is on MDE website. Now i have a cute Mickey Flash drive :)

Was able to book FP+ today. :woohoo: Still not sure how I feel about it. I am using to pulling a FP because I was in the area. Now I feel like I have to watch the time and make sure we are in the part of the park at the right time... :confused3 We will see maybe I will like it better. :goodvibes Though I hit a glitch on Jan. 30th. It won't let me modify any FP+ ressies. I can make it initially but when I try to go in to change time or ride it tells me there is no available times or rides to change too. That doesn't seem right. Ill have to try again at a later time and see what happens.

We check in on Jan 22nd and received ours yesterday. Good luck and what a great gift!

I also check in Jan. 22nd no flash drive here yet.

newlywed mice said:
Checking in on the 25th and got our flash drive yesterday. It was a surprise, didn't know it was coming. Though it is the same video that is on MDE website. Now i have a cute Mickey Flash drive :)

Was able to book FP+ today. :woohoo: Still not sure how I feel about it. I am using to pulling a FP because I was in the area. Now I feel like I have to watch the time and make sure we are in the part of the park at the right time... :confused3 We will see maybe I will like it better. :goodvibes Though I hit a glitch on Jan. 30th. It won't let me modify any FP+ ressies. I can make it initially but when I try to go in to change time or ride it tells me there is no available times or rides to change too. That doesn't seem right. Ill have to try again at a later time and see what happens.

I also check in on 1/25 and when setting up FP+ today I couldn't modify anything for Jan 30 either.... I hope it gets fixed soon

Hmmm - we arrive Jan 25 and had no problem doing fp+ selections for Jan 30 today

:confused3. What is this flash drive I'm hearing about? What's on it? We check in a Jan 29th. I wonder if they send them to Canadian visitors too?

:confused3. What is this flash drive I'm hearing about? What's on it? We check in a Jan 29th. I wonder if they send them to Canadian visitors too?

I haven't seen one Canadian receive one so far. :( I check in on Jan 6th and I've not received a flash drive or the "watch your mail for a package" email. But we also won't get our MB's sent to us at home....so I'm doubting we will get these. Unfortunately ......cause I'd love one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter