Jan arrivals; MB and FP+ info

I was surprised at how easy it was to make my FPs. The only issue I've been having is getting suitable times on our last day. We'll be at DHS until 2 or 3 pm then we're driving to Tampa but it keeps trying to give me late afternoon/evening FPs. I've got a great time for TSM and we won't ride ToT so I'll probably just keep the late FPs for Muppets & Disney Jr. that we won't be there to use. I tried to pick items that no one else would be fighting for.

That sounds like a temporary glitch. I experienced a similar problem; some of the FP+s were showing as being for only some of my party though they were made for everyone. I just waited a few minutes and logged in again and everything was fine.

Went into my husbands account and was able to copy them over to me. Now they are all right. Yeah!

I received my Mickey flash drive in the mail today. Sort of surprised. I thought I'd get it with the magic bands, if at all. Did any other January travelers get one?

I was surprised at how easy it was to make my FPs. The only issue I've been having is getting suitable times on our last day. We'll be at DHS until 2 or 3 pm then we're driving to Tampa but it keeps trying to give me late afternoon/evening FPs. I've got a great time for TSM and we won't ride ToT so I'll probably just keep the late FPs for Muppets & Disney Jr. that we won't be there to use. I tried to pick items that no one else would be fighting for.

Do you have a dining reservation on your last day? I noticed it won't let you make FP+ selections until about 2 hours after a dining reservation which is frustrating.

suemom2kay said:
Do you have a dining reservation on your last day? I noticed it won't let you make FP+ selections until about 2 hours after a dining reservation which is frustrating.

I do. A 9:30 breakfast. Maybe if I cancel it, book my FP+ then rebook our ADR, it'll work? Thanks for the heads up.

Thank you, thank you, thank you suemom2kay. I was able to fix my FP+ picks to where I wanted/needed them. :worship:

What's the flash drive for?
It opens the MDE site as best I remember (I've had to break up several arguments among my children since I plugged it into my Mac, so my memory is pretty dodgy). I guess it's to let anyone know about FP+ if you don't yet? Now that I think about it, it makes sense to let people know about the magic bands while they can still customize.

It opens the MDE site as best I remember (I've had to break up several arguments among my children since I plugged it into my Mac, so my memory is pretty dodgy). I guess it's to let anyone know about FP+ if you don't yet? Now that I think about it, it makes sense to let people know about the magic bands while they can still customize.

Thanks! Is everyone getting it now? Do you get it at the same time as the magic bands? It's the first I've heard about the flash drive.

What's the flash drive for?

That was my question as well. Didn't seem to do anything except open My Disney Experience. I gave it to my daughter to play with. She's carried it around in the box all day, showing it to everyone! Just wanted to make sure it wasn't something I really needed. We've already customized our bands, made FP+ and ADR's.

Thanks! Is everyone getting it now? Do you get it at the same time as the magic bands? It's the first I've heard about the flash drive.

My magic bands won't ship until after the 20th of December. So I can only guess they're being sent as a heads up.

Hmm...the flash drive is a new one on me. We check in January 4 & haven't gotten one, for what it's worth. I AM looking forward to getting those Magic Bands in a couple weeks, though:) Idk why it's so exciting, but it is!

We won't get our magic bands until we check in because we're in Canada, guessing we won't get a Mickey drive at all for the same reason. :confused3

The drive has two little videos on it hosted by Edna Mode. Cute. I guess it also opens MDE but I don't think we went into it.

I actually got two. One for our Jan 7th checkin and one for our Jan 8th checkin. Both made through DVC with our points. We also have a checkin on the 4th and the 10th, both for normal resorts and booked through hotels.com. I'm intrigued as to what exactly it was that got the drives...was it the way I booked, where I booked, the dates I booked? If it's the dates I'll expect another in the mail for the 10th checkin! And then we'll have 3 drives for my family of 3. One has been reformatted already; the other hasn't but you can still write to it.

I received my Mickey flash drive in the mail today. Sort of surprised. I thought I'd get it with the magic bands, if at all. Did any other January travelers get one?

Got ours yesterday. I wasn't expecting the flashdrive. I thought they were the bands lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter