Jan.2006 code watch!!

I'm getting ready to book a trip. Given that we want the Hopper option, I just don't see anything equal or better than the current package deals.

AAA is only giving a 15% discount on rooms (makes a value resort about $65) and you only get a few dollars discount on tickets (AAA quoted $666 for tickets I could get through WDW for $669).

But with the package deal, the price of the room is currently coming out at that same $65 and you get about $100 discount on the tickets (because Hopper is thrown in for free).

While I don't want to lock in a date just yet, I don't see an alternative. Given that I want Hopper passes, I still come out ahead if I book the package and have to pay $50 to make changes after Christmas.

For those not interested in the hopper option I think that this is the best value:

Room only with CAA discount (20% off at values during value season).
Buy MYW base tix from ticketmania, less expensive then buying from Disney direct.

This is what we did for the first week of January and the price worked out to be less then purchasing the discounted MYW package (even with the cost of the CAA membership included).

Suzy V

Has anyone planned a tour for January? (like the Keys to the Kingdom, etc.)
Just wondering if we need to make reservations or take our chances and book the same day, once we figure out what we want to see and do. I'm just wondering if the tours get booked up quickly in Jan?
!!!!!!!!!!Can't wait to go.... 13 days.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!

magnetgirl said:
Has anyone planned a tour for January? (like the Keys to the Kingdom, etc.)
Just wondering if we need to make reservations or take our chances and book the same day, once we figure out what we want to see and do. I'm just wondering if the tours get booked up quickly in Jan?
!!!!!!!!!!Can't wait to go.... 13 days.........!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have our Segway tour booked. We are doing that on the 26th. If I really want to do something I try to book it as soon as I know what we want to do and on what day. I could not risk waiting and possiably getting shut out.

:wave2: I am also waiting for AP codes to come out for the first part of Feb. Would it be better to book now, and change when the codes come out, or just wait?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter