JAMBO! The UN-official AKL Thread ~ UPDATED(short film/pg 8 & slideshow/pg 12) Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be on the DDP on our trip in December. It looks like there are only two kids meal choices at the Mara - rotisserie chicken or mac and cheese. Which means one of my kids won't eat anything. Does anyone know if this is still accurate? And are they flexible, like if I asked for the pizza for my picky eater could he get it?

UPDATE: I found more menu information and it looks like there are more choices for kids meals, so we will be all set. I got worried when I saw there were only two choices and starting thinking the food court would be way too limited.

All true. But keep in mind that all the deluxe rooms are being converted to DVC accomodations...so their availability is quickly diminishing and will eventually disappear entirely.

We have ressies for 2nd week in October, 2007 for deluxe CL room. I emailed IPO for clarification of this very thing....would these rooms even exist in October? They emailed back that there would be a limited amount of these rooms available through the end of the year. We have 6 (2 adults, 2 teens, 1 child and 1 infant in a crib) and they assured us that our reservations would be honored. Now, whether that means a deluxe CL room, or 2 standard CL rooms, or a cot in a standard CL room....we'll just have to wait and see!

regarding concierge lounge

It used to be you could get bottled water in the CL - plastic bottles - they always said to make sure and stop and pick up a bottle on your way to the park - now I've heard that the bottles are now glass and no longer plastic - Can anyone confirm this????

If so, I'll need to make a stop and pick up a case on our way to the resort

Thanks

TheLastPrincess, I too just read your proposal story, it brought tears to my eyes. I hope you two have a wonderful disneymoon.

Awww thanks! Like I said before, if you're going to be there when we are, if you see two kids with the bridal ears and pins, ask them if they're the ones with the cool proposal story at MK! I want my DF to think he's a celebrity at WDW so he'll want to come back!!!! :cool1:

Allo all! I've been reading this thread throughly anticipating myself and my DBF's AKL stay this July. He's never been to WDW or a fancy hotel so he's very excited. :yay: Oh, and I'm excited too. :P

I have a few questions, thank you in advance for any answers. Oh, and F.Y.I. we will be staying in a standard room if that effects anything.

1.) Are there any costs involved for turn down service? Are there chocolates left on the pillows?

2.) Are there microwaves in the room, what about mini-fridges? We're trying to plan our snacks and breakfasts accordingly.

3.) Is the bus ride from the resort to the parks really as bad as some make it out to be? We're allowing ourselves at least 30 minutes for transportation in the mornings, is this adequate?

Thanks much!

We have ressies for 2nd week in October, 2007 for deluxe CL room. I emailed IPO for clarification of this very thing....would these rooms even exist in October? They emailed back that there would be a limited amount of these rooms available through the end of the year. We have 6 (2 adults, 2 teens, 1 child and 1 infant in a crib) and they assured us that our reservations would be honored. Now, whether that means a deluxe CL room, or 2 standard CL rooms, or a cot in a standard CL room....we'll just have to wait and see!

Given when you're going, I'm not surprised there will still be some deluxes available.

The 2 big trails won't be finished until sometime in December, by the looks of things, and the rooms surrounding the lobby (which are 6th floor deluxe concierge and, I think, some 5th floor deluxe concierge) won't be complete until sometime in May. So the pool will be slowly dwindling until, probably, sometime around March or April of '08, when I'd expect the last of the rooms to be take offline to meet the conversion timetable.

Allo all! I've been reading this thread throughly anticipating myself and my DBF's AKL stay this July. He's never been to WDW or a fancy hotel so he's very excited. :yay: Oh, and I'm excited too. :P

I have a few questions, thank you in advance for any answers. Oh, and F.Y.I. we will be staying in a standard room if that effects anything.

1.) Are there any costs involved for turn down service? Are there chocolates left on the pillows?

2.) Are there microwaves in the room, what about mini-fridges? We're trying to plan our snacks and breakfasts accordingly.

3.) Is the bus ride from the resort to the parks really as bad as some make it out to be? We're allowing ourselves at least 30 minutes for transportation in the mornings, is this adequate?

Thanks much!

1) Can't help you there...I don't know. :)

2) There are fridges in the rooms. No microwaves, but there is a "community" microwave, I think, at The Mara....so you can head down there, heat up your food, and eat.

3) I certainly don't think so. The longest I remember it taking to get to MK (the furthest park) was around 15 to 20 min. Now, you might end up waiting 10 min or so for a bus (assuming you arrive just as a bus is pulling out), but that's unusual too. It's all relative, I think.

There is no charge for turndown service. Housekeeping usually leaves chocolates every night.

Hi. I'm currently booked for AKL on jan2-Jan9. I'm in a savannah view. I was thinking about downgrading to pool view, with taxes I think the savings is about $394. I'm afraid there may be a code that will come out for savannah view rooms... then the savings will be even less. What would you do... save $$ or go for the view. Would you just wait to see what happens and not worry about it. I have a toddler who would love setting on balcony to see the animals.

There is no charge for turndown service. Housekeeping usually leaves chocolates every night.

pilferk, You will need to call housekeeping when you get checked in to your room and request turndown service. It is really nice to come into the room at the end of the evening and the beds are turndown and a lamp is left on. They will also put fresh towels out if you used the ones from the morning housekeeping service.

2) There are fridges in the rooms. No microwaves, but there is a "community" microwave, I think, at The Mara....so you can head down there, heat up your food, and eat.

Is there really a fridge in every room? For some reason I was under the impression that you had to request one and pay extra for it...

Thanks!

Is there really a fridge in every room? For some reason I was under the impression that you had to request one and pay extra for it...

Thanks!

All the Moderates and Deluxes have fridges. The Values are the ones that are on a request/charge basis. :)

pilferk, You will need to call housekeeping when you get checked in to your room and request turndown service. It is really nice to come into the room at the end of the evening and the beds are turndown and a lamp is left on. They will also put fresh towels out if you used the ones from the morning housekeeping service.

Actually, it was rockstargeisha who asked about it. :)

Is anyone else noticing that there have been very few posts complaining about experiencing construction noise? I have been concerned ever since reading one or two such posts, but I can't help thinking it's a good sign that we're really not hearing much of anything about it. The vast majority of guests must be experiencing no problems at all, or I'd guess we'd be seeing quite a few posts about it.

Jalva22 - I hope you're right! We'll be at AKL this weekend...I'll report back on what we hear (or hopefully don't hear ;) ) and if there are any interruptions to our stay.

Is anyone else noticing that there have been very few posts complaining about experiencing construction noise? I have been concerned ever since reading one or two such posts, but I can't help thinking it's a good sign that we're really not hearing much of anything about it. The vast majority of guests must be experiencing no problems at all, or I'd guess we'd be seeing quite a few posts about it.

I'm thinking its not all that bad too. Heres to hoping!!

Hgd24- please do! Have fun!

I know this question has been addressed here before, but I want to be absolutely sure I have this correct. I got my confirmation and it says, "Std. Kilimanjaro Club -- Savannah Room Requested" . I was under the assumption that all CL rooms were now guaranteed savannah view rooms?

I know this question has been addressed here before, but I want to be absolutely sure I have this correct. I got my confirmation and it says, "Std. Kilimanjaro Club -- Savannah Room Requested" . I was under the assumption that all CL rooms were now guaranteed savannah view rooms?

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. From what has been previously posted, you can reserve a savannah view room or a pool view room on the concierge level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter