Jambo studio pull out bed comfort?

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
I am currently booked at kidani in 2 bedroom savannah.. but to save points I am thinking of changing to Jambo to a lock off. standard. I feel bad putting my cousins with one of them having to sleep on the couch.. but it saves me lots of points and I am treating... any thoughts on this? I have never stayed at Jambo.. only Kidani.. so little excited about that too.

Last edited:
Points are the same is Kidani and Jambo. Are you going from SV to Std view?

I wouldn’t feel bad. My DD said she will sleep on the floor to be at WDW. You must be getting a value 2 bedroom. There is no difference between Jambo and Kidani standard to standard or savanna to savanna.

Just as an FYI, the pull out couches are the older style couch. Not the more comfortable transformer style pull out couch. The mattress is very thin. It is also a full bed, not a queen. Don't let that deter you though. We're staying at AKL in a studio and my Mom is taking the pull out. We are planning on bringing a mattress topper with us.

I wouldn’t feel bad. My DD said she will sleep on the floor to be at WDW. You must be getting a value 2 bedroom. There is no difference between Jambo and Kidani standard to standard or savanna to savanna.
Yes, I am trying to change from savannah to standard.. there are no more at kidani.. I have never had a savannah, always trying to save points! Maybe I need to just splurge!!!

Just as an FYI, the pull out couches are the older style couch. Not the more comfortable transformer style pull out couch. The mattress is very thin. It is also a full bed, not a queen. Don't let that deter you though. We're staying at AKL in a studio and my Mom is taking the pull out. We are planning on bringing a mattress topper with us.
OK, that is what I was thinking.. the ones at the poly are pretty comfy, my friend slept on it and she did not have complaints.

Still considering.. I wish I knew what my plans were for 2022.. Not sure if I need to try and save points or not!! I am just always frugal with them, but I would love to have a savanna view for once!

OK, that is what I was thinking.. the ones at the poly are pretty comfy, my friend slept on it and she did not have complaints.
We shall find out in March whether our mattress topper fix works well for my poor Mom. We don't share beds well.

The couch beds at Jambo (and Kidani) are adequate. Not as comfortable as a real bed but much better than the junk that passes as a couch bed in far too many hotels.

Note that as a whole, the 2BRs at Kidani are far better than those at Jambo -- 100 sg ft larger, three bathrooms, more closet space, a much better master bath. However, the desire to save points by going to standard might overrule having that difference.

Be aware that at Jambo 50% of the standards have pool view and the other 50% actually have savanna view -- in 2012 a large conversion was done to make many savanna view rooms standard rather than savanna view because the views were not considered the best, but most of those converted to standard view rooms actually have fairly decent savanna views. If you want to get standard at Jambo and try for savanna view, then a non-guaranteed request to make is for a room on the Kudo Trail side of the building -- all standards on that side have savanna view.

You do not say when you will go in 2021. Right now it is mostly pointless to stay at Jambo -- no open restaurants, limited service. How long that will last is unknown and it could last well into 2021 because even if a vaccine starts distribution in a few months, it will likely still take a long time before the World returns to normal.

We are currently at Kidani in a SV studio. The pull out bed is not comfortable according to my 16 yo son. I also think the bed is terrible as I have not gotten a good night sleep since I have been here waking with back pain each day! This is the first time in any property including value and cruises that I have had this level of discomfort. And to add insult to injury have been here since Monday without any type of cleaning! SO not happy!

We are currently at Kidani in a SV studio. The pull out bed is not comfortable according to my 16 yo son. I also think the bed is terrible as I have not gotten a good night sleep since I have been here waking with back pain each day! This is the first time in any property including value and cruises that I have had this level of discomfort. And to add insult to injury have been here since Monday without any type of cleaning! SO not happy!
Are you paying cash to Disney Reservation Center or on a DVC reservation (points or cash). If DVC you should have had your towels replaced and amenitities replaced on day four which would have been Thursday. Trash is usually picked up daily. If you are there for eight nights or more, you should have had a full cleaning on Thursday. If you are there on a cash reservation, they aren't changing sheets very often, just replacing towels and amenities every two days or so.

The couch beds at Jambo (and Kidani) are adequate. Not as comfortable as a real bed but much better than the junk that passes as a couch bed in far too many hotels.

Note that as a whole, the 2BRs at Kidani are far better than those at Jambo -- 100 sg ft larger, three bathrooms, more closet space, a much better master bath. However, the desire to save points by going to standard might overrule having that difference.

Be aware that at Jambo 50% of the standards have pool view and the other 50% actually have savanna view -- in 2012 a large conversion was done to make many savanna view rooms standard rather than savanna view because the views were not considered the best, but most of those converted to standard view rooms actually have fairly decent savanna views. If you want to get standard at Jambo and try for savanna view, then a non-guaranteed request to make is for a room on the Kudo Trail side of the building -- all standards on that side have savanna view.

You do not say when you will go in 2021. Right now it is mostly pointless to stay at Jambo -- no open restaurants, limited service. How long that will last is unknown and it could last well into 2021 because even if a vaccine starts distribution in a few months, it will likely still take a long time before the World returns to normal.
Thank you for all of that great info! We are going spring break. March 11-18. Great point about stuff at jambo not being open etc. We dont have a big group this time.. only 5 of us... we could do ok with smaller room... so I am still considering, but things not being open at Jambo does not sound good... lots to consider. maybe that is why there are rooms available there!!

I would waitlist the two bedroom at Kidani. Lots of people are changing plans and I think the waitlist will come through.

For me, the one or two bedrooms at Jambo are less than stellar because the main bath doesn’t have a shower stall, but a combo bath/ shower that has a very wide lip, and I find it awkward to use.

We added a mattress topper to the beds and that made a big difference. I did not know we could request such but know I do and will make my needs known.

I’m just shocked that Jambo standard is usually gone before Kidani Standard view, since Kidani has a lot more rooms.

jambo studio pull-out couches are NOT comfortable according to my 19 yo. We have taken to bringing a memory foam mattress topper with us ( it rolls up in it‘s own llbean duffle ( and thankfully, we fly southwest)).

I always sleep on the pull out. Jambo pull out is pretty uncomfortable but to me it's not worth using more points. I'm usually so exhausted that it doesn't become an issue.
I actually liked the old BWV couch pull out better then the new ones.

We added a mattress topper to the beds and that made a big difference. I did not know we could request such but know I do and will make my needs known.
Beware the toppers they supply at the resort are those foam egg crate style, not very thick and definitely not memory foam. At least that's what they gave me at BWV, it didn't make any difference. If you can, bring your own memory foam.

So we stayed at Jambo for one night and didn't bring the memory foam topper(it was just one night) - and so I called down to order a mattress topper from housekeeping to see what I had been missing (after reading these posts) --- and they had no clue what I was talking about. They eventually brought me a mattress cover ( like to protect against spills). It was useless. Glad it was just one night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter